VN - Unity - Completed - Hello Goodbye [v1.01] [Lump of Sugar]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Prompt

This VN has three decision points in the entire thing, all paths.

It's also 10-30 hours long according to VNDB. That's no exaggeration.

I couldn't get through all paths. I quickly got bored of the pointless, lame plot, and just started clicking through.

And I started clicking faster.

It took hours. I honestly think they owe me a new mouse and keyboard for the pounding I gave them. At the end, 6 mediocre H-pics. For one of the three paths.

Do not waste your time.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

JAWriter

It took me a long time to finish this one. I found each story to be quite engrossing, and so I did them one at a time, often leaving weeks between each playthrough. As such I often found myself forgetting some details, and needing to use the glossary/encyclopedia which the game provides to help you remember its world.

As such my experience may have been different to those who went through it all at once. In summary, I found each story to be very well done, quite compelling, dramatic, and engaging in turns. Each character isvery strong, with only the Loli girl having the weakest storyline, in part because it is the final one and as such delivers all the info that the other 3 storylines only teased at.

This game is very ambitious in its story-telling, and its to its credit that it is able to keep you invested in most of the girls different paths, without bogging you down in its alternate historical setup.

The sex scenes are like most VNs fairly vanilla, and also mostly occur closely together towards the end of a girls route, or even after it. However they work pretty well and there's some creativity amongst the girls.

The music is very high quality, and while a little repetitive at times, the tracks are all very memorable and stick out strongly.

The game's UI is also extremely good, and the extra features provided all add that extra little something to the experience. The game's aforementioned encyclopedia is useful, and its abundance of little extras, including a mini-game, all help round out a very solid experience.

I rate this as a 5/5, because its few weakness are, while fairly common for the genre, not as bad as they could be, and because everything it does do well it does with polish. No corners were cut, and real effort was made to give you the full experience for each girl.

I would personally love to see more VNs that took this path, and found ways to spice up otherwise fairly rote school dramas with higher stakes and mystery, without necessarily getting so epic or hyperbolic as to become pure fantasy or sci-fi.

A definite reccomend.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Startas233

Story 7/10
    The story is very pleasant to read as we see the main protagonist getting used to his new lifestyle. It also contains some twists to it. The only down-side is that later on the routes, the story becomes too much focused on the main character ( the girl which you are going for) that it forgets others and the environment.

Characters 9/10
    The characters are the strong point of this visual novel. Each one is unique and interesting. There is also a wide variety of them, from the main girls to the nun or even the president.

Art 8/10
    The art is beautiful and vibrant. Though nothing too mind blowing :]

Enjoyment 9/10
    If you're looking for a intriguing story, entertaining characters or simply a good read - This game is for you. Definitely give it a try, you won't regret it