Ren'Py Hello everyone, I'm newbie here and an amateur game developer!

Lockser06

May 23, 2023
Hello!
Well , no long ago I started playing and reading these types of games and I was fascinated by this.
So I was encouraged to create my own game, but as I said before I am totally new to this type of thing. That's why I decided to start with renpy and koikatsu cuz they are friendly programs for newbies like me, although there are several things that I don't know/I don't understand but I want to learn. Well, I'll leave some images of what I've been creating, I'm trying to make it visually pleasing and with good story(of course with its good dose of NTR(it's optional)).
And that would be all of my presentation, I'm going to read the rules to see how I can upload my game here in f95, if you could give me some advice I would súper grateful :D
Thanks for reading!
CharaStudio-2022-10-14-15-05-30-Render-1.png render277.png
CharaStudio-2022-12-08-16-56-25-Render.png CharaStudio-2022-10-03-17-43-35-Render.png CharaStudio-2022-10-20-09-07-19-Render.png CharaStudio-2022-10-13-09-45-06-Render.png

Last edited:

SexyPain

Feb 5, 2018
Welcome!

Nice shading and art skills! I love how the characters are designed! I will look forward to how it ends up!

However Lockser06 should NTR or a fetish be optional you should say so upfront, as I also thought that it would be a total NTRfest as soon as you said "(of course with its good dose of NTR)" (As some who don't like NTR might just be turned off by reading that word, not my cup of tea but... I can bear it if it's optional!) that can reduce a bit your audience, unless you intend to make it the main focus.
I wish you the best and hopefully I'll get to play your game someday!

Reactions: Lockser06

Lockser06

May 23, 2023
ohh thanks for the tip, didn't explain it properly:HideThePain:.
The ntr, like other fetishes, will be at the player's choice.
This NL will have three protagonists of your choice and they will be stories that will join together as the game progresses. Using this theme, I will implement different fetishes on each route to suit the player's taste, or at least I will try that hehe.

Reactions: SexyPain

SexyPain

Feb 5, 2018
Ah, so those 3 girls in the screenshots are the protagonists?

Btw I'm noticing you are a native Spanish speaker, hello there fellow native tongue user :3.

I'm curious how it will turn out! With all what you have in mind! Ren'Py at least isn't too hard, unless you intend to make it too extensive or multi-choice, in the end it falls in how consistent you keep the story and how you memorize all the flags, by the looks of it you might use a lot of conditions and flags.

You can DM me if you want to know something, but I don't know much Ren'py I just got started, I've done experimental techniques (I might not have been the first) in rendering... But your render skills are already quite good!

What programs are you using? Apart from Koikatsu?

Oh and!

1688839776166.png

Lockser06

May 23, 2023
Ah, so those 3 girls in the screenshots are the protagonists?

Btw I'm noticing you are a native Spanish speaker, hello there fellow native tongue user :3.

I'm curious how it will turn out! With all what you have in mind! Ren'Py at least isn't too hard, unless you intend to make it too extensive or multi-choice, in the end it falls in how consistent you keep the story and how you memorize all the flags, by the looks of it you might use a lot of conditions and flags.

You can DM me if you want to know something, but I don't know much Ren'py I just got started, I've done experimental techniques (I might not have been the first) in rendering... But your render skills are already quite good!

What programs are you using? Apart from Koikatsu?

Oh and!

View attachment 2754787
Hello dude!
haha yes I'm a Spanish speaker (I still don't speak English very well), thanks for your interest in
my project, you don't know how you encourage me and about the vn I want to make it a
sandbox type later with missions, gallery and more things.
oh and the three girls are something like the main heroines, I only finished one of the MCs, it's
this: CharaStudio-2023-04-17-17-39-12-Render.png
And about the programs I only use koikatsu and chara studio cuz I don't know how to use
blender yet.
Well I'm close to finishing the first part that I want to upload. When you see it I'll be happy to
hear suggestions :D .

SexyPain

Feb 5, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Glad to be of moral support!

One of the main characters... Interesting approach, depeding on how the main character is (Third Person or First Person (PoV)) you have to make him relatable to the Player, say I'm not sure what the context is but he kinda looks like a secondary character if you didn't tell me he was a Main Character although some main characters in VNs definitely look like secondaries...

You have to make him more unique or more plain, no in between he kinda is nearing unique but is still kinda plain looking (most MC are kinda plain but are like a slate for self-insertion) or in development give the scene more context, what is he? Who is he? What is his purpouse? A picture alone can tell many things. Also it's too bright I can't see his expression well, maybe tone it down or find another angle to do the render.

What is your target audience? By the looks of it this Main Character you've made is targetting an audience whose into (pardon if you might find it offensive as I intend no offense) the Ugly Bastard Genre (Not that he is ugly but having big belly and low muscle already goes to that category) If that is your target with this character then it's going alright! Though I wanna see his eyes to know more about your Male Character work lol.

Sandbox is a hard genre to work in, programming will be extensive, if your sandbox has minigames or stats don't make them too grindy, also some people like some randomness in sandboxes as long as it's not tedious or too much add little fun events to surprise the player or maybe cause and effect make it feel that your actions have an effect, avoid specific times for quests, what I mean is if I have to do something on Friday Night and I forgot to do it I don't want to wait until the next Friday Night to do it...

I have other questions and stuff but that would make this the Great Wall of Text...

With Blender I can give you some quick pointers... It's simple to learn difficult to master yet there are concepts that you first have to keep in mind (Vertex Flow and Topology) Which are really important.

Now... Importing models to Koikatsu? Maybe... But let's say it's been agonizing for me at least lol there is a guide for that though, you have to set it up.

Still you are finishing your first part, you could take some of this comment with a grain of salt as I am not fully sure of the scope of your project, I have yet to see the character personalities.

Finally, make sure to edit your opening post, change the "plenty of NTR" if it's optional or specify that is optional. The game sounds NTRish and it's a touchy genre around here in F95 or you go deep in it or nothing at all, some players do tolerate optional though.

Darn it I still made a wall of text -_-

Have a good night!

Lockser06

May 23, 2023
Glad to be of moral support!

One of the main characters... Interesting approach, depeding on how the main character is (Third Person or First Person (PoV)) you have to make him relatable to the Player, say I'm not sure what the context is but he kinda looks like a secondary character if you didn't tell me he was a Main Character although some main characters in VNs definitely look like secondaries...

You have to make him more unique or more plain, no in between he kinda is nearing unique but is still kinda plain looking (most MC are kinda plain but are like a slate for self-insertion) or in development give the scene more context, what is he? Who is he? What is his purpouse? A picture alone can tell many things. Also it's too bright I can't see his expression well, maybe tone it down or find another angle to do the render.

What is your target audience? By the looks of it this Main Character you've made is targetting an audience whose into (pardon if you might find it offensive as I intend no offense) the Ugly Bastard Genre (Not that he is ugly but having big belly and low muscle already goes to that category) If that is your target with this character then it's going alright! Though I wanna see his eyes to know more about your Male Character work lol.

Sandbox is a hard genre to work in, programming will be extensive, if your sandbox has minigames or stats don't make them too grindy, also some people like some randomness in sandboxes as long as it's not tedious or too much add little fun events to surprise the player or maybe cause and effect make it feel that your actions have an effect, avoid specific times for quests, what I mean is if I have to do something on Friday Night and I forgot to do it I don't want to wait until the next Friday Night to do it...

I have other questions and stuff but that would make this the Great Wall of Text...

With Blender I can give you some quick pointers... It's simple to learn difficult to master yet there are concepts that you first have to keep in mind (Vertex Flow and Topology) Which are really important.

Now... Importing models to Koikatsu? Maybe... But let's say it's been agonizing for me at least lol there is a guide for that though, you have to set it up.

Still you are finishing your first part, you could take some of this comment with a grain of salt as I am not fully sure of the scope of your project, I have yet to see the character personalities.

Finally, make sure to edit your opening post, change the "plenty of NTR" if it's optional or specify that is optional. The game sounds NTRish and it's a touchy genre around here in F95 or you go deep in it or nothing at all, some players do tolerate optional though.

Darn it I still made a wall of text -_-

Have a good night!
Hehe yeah it's a ugly bastard but a shy one, you'll see what I'm talking about
CharaStudio-2023-02-24-17-53-34-Render.png
But there's a reason for it and don't worry about that I have something in mind for this, also there will still be two MCs left.
About the first part of VN I would be uploading it tomorrow at the latest.