Hello everyone! I am really nervous!

May 12, 2023
Hello everyone! I am really nervous! I want to be a game developer but I've never shared my games with anyone because I'm afraid they'll think I'm really weird or something. So this will be my first time really sharing my heart and passion with anyone.

I hope to make kind friends in this community and make games everyone will like! Happy developing and gaming to everyone! ^.^

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Hi to you too.
But to pop your dream, you can't make everyone happy with your game, regardless of how good it will be. Thus, don't chase that, try to make your game as good as possible with the resources you have and want to spend.

Reddere-Artifex

Game Developer
May 21, 2023
Yeah I get it, I am nervous about sharing my own project too. It can be difficult if somebody "tears into" your project, even more so if those arguments are made in bad faith. I'd like to think most people are friendly here though, and do actually want to help.

I remember one of the first people I shared my project with had a lot to say about its direction. It was indeed a wake-up call. It was very useful and I am glad this person took the time to give feedback. I do believe my game is all the better for it now.

Reactions: LovePlayFantasy
May 12, 2023
Yeah I get it, I am nervous about sharing my own project too. It can be difficult if somebody "tears into" your project, even more so if those arguments are made in bad faith. I'd like to think most people are friendly here though, and do actually want to help.

I remember one of the first people I shared my project with had a lot to say about its direction. It was indeed a wake-up call. It was very useful and I am glad this person took the time to give feedback. I do believe my game is all the better for it now.
I am pleasantly surprised how nice everyone has been on here. I was a little scared it would be a lot of dog piling but I've had more support on here in one day than I've had in a life time.

I wish you luck too on your project! Anything you make will be great because YOU made it. Don't let anyone EVER crush your creativity. You can do it <3

May 12, 2023
Hi to you too.
But to pop your dream, you can't make everyone happy with your game, regardless of how good it will be. Thus, don't chase that, try to make your game as good as possible with the resources you have and want to spend.
:cool: YES CAPTAIN!

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Welcome! And best of luck! Don't worry about those who have nasty comments, as they are usually not the audience you want anyway. You will have people who love what you do, and also those who give good, constructive criticism. Focus on those people.

May 12, 2023
Welcome! And best of luck! Don't worry about those who have nasty comments, as they are usually not the audience you want anyway. You will have people who love what you do, and also those who give good, constructive criticism. Focus on those people.
Thank you so much!!!!

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
Welcome... :giggle: :giggle:
and good luck with your game,
and you definitely shouldn't think you're weird,
it's a wonderful genre you want to do,horror/incest,i know from experience.

i have looked at your character of mommy,
the art looks very good,
but i would make her more cold-blooded,
more fiery in the eyes,now it still looks too good.

tumblr_b56e388ad4f9f318fa8257be229f56fc_362dcb37_500.gif

Reactions: LovePlayFantasy
May 12, 2023
Welcome... :giggle: :giggle:
and good luck with your game,
and you definitely shouldn't think you're weird,
it's a wonderful genre you want to do,horror/incest,i know from experience.

i have looked at your character of mommy,
the art looks very good,
but i would make her more cold-blooded,
more fiery in the eyes,now it still looks too good.

View attachment 2675964
Thank you for the suggestion!!
I like that genre a lot too! I loved Fear and Hunger and Song of Saya freaked me out so much!

I am not very good at writing but I'm trying my best