PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
I suppose it all ultimately depends on what your character sees as being in his best interest, no? :)
Oh no, this has nothing to do with what my non-canon HFY playthough character's best interests are, nothing as selfish as that. It's about what lies in humanity's best interest. There is some prime real estate down there, and I don't think it's written in our human rights that it also applies to aliens.

Wiping them out is a waste of resources. Even if they are hostile and cannot be reasoned with, it's better to try to turn them from a liability into an asset by containing them or subjugating them. Their extermination can also negatively affect the ecosystems.:cool:

Only dumb bad guys destroy things because it's more convenient.:)
You make a good point, yeah, though this is of course working under the assumption that they are just what they seem, small primitive space goblins. Containing can definitely work fine in such a scenario, though in this day and future age, there isn't much need for manual labour, especially from a race we only have confirmed sightings of around a few thousand members. Also, I am offended that you are insinuating that somehow eradicating / subjugating / containing aliens who stand in the way of human colonial expansion somehow is a "bad guy" thing to do. Like the Pratchett quote said, this is totally how we solve racism. Don't you want to solve racism? :sneaky:

Y'know, I think the thing I enjoy most about making this game is seeing you guys play and discuss it. I -really- am looking forward to your thoughts as this game hots up :)

Just remember actions have consequences...Unless you cover your tracks ;)
And I am looking forward to drop some more hot takes in the future. :cool:

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
As they say, sometimes you can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others.

If you go too far though you may find yourselves without anything to make an omelette from.:cool:
Was that an OOTS quote?

Also, come on! Wiping out a few thousand individuals does not require that big an investment... It's just a massacre, for God's sake! So don't you start throwing around big words like Xenocide.
Plus they're green, they're runts, and they look at us in a funny way.:p:devilish:

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Wiping them out is a waste of resources. Even if they are hostile and cannot be reasoned with, it's better to try to turn them from a liability into an asset by containing them or subjugating them. Their extermination can also negatively affect the ecosystems.:cool:
keeping them alive is a waste of resources.

Only dumb bad guys destroy things because it's more convenient.:)
and they go pow pow pow
publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others.
all of a sudden I want chicken nuggets

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
You make a good point, yeah, though this is of course working under the assumption that they are just what they seem, small primitive space goblins. Containing can definitely work fine in such a scenario, though in this day and future age, there isn't much need for manual labour, especially from a race we only have confirmed sightings of around a few thousand members. Also, I am offended that you are insinuating that somehow eradicating / subjugating / containing aliens who stand in the way of human colonial expansion somehow is a "bad guy" thing to do. Like the Pratchett quote said, this is totally how we solve racism. Don't you want to solve racism? :sneaky:
Did I miss a mention that there is no need for manual labour in the lore?:)

To be honest, spieciesism is actually a bigger issue for me than racism.:cool:

Reactions: Nottravis

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Ok, I gotta ask.
This her is online for 3 weeks, it's gotten exclusively 5-Star reviews, and I find myself wondering: Is there a catch?
Now, I know it's a pilot episode, so basically I'm asking for the verdict:
Do I have to see this soon, or is it no sin to wait a bit? Seeing as I'll probably grow impatient for the next chapter if it's as good as the reviews make it out to believe.

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
Did I miss a mention that there is no need for manual labour in the lore?:)

To be honest, spieciesism is actually a bigger issue for me than racism.:cool:
I meant in regards to the sort of slave labour I assumed you were referring to in regards to the subjugation of the LGMs. Not quite sure that they are really suited for manual labour in the first place though, considering their small size. This all assuming that they are the primitive species with only a few thousand individuals existing that we have currently observed them to be. Containment, eradication, or simply ignoring them as their planet is colonised are all probably the best options imo. Subjugating them is just too inefficient for too little gain.

Also, there is indeed a very big problem with speciesism. There is not enough of it :cool:. Humanity must dab on those who would stop it from achieving our destiny to be unchallenged masters of the galaxy.

I have a solution to the whole debate
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
>Allowing a girl with that long hair and terrible weapon discipline tag along in a combat situation

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
Ok, I gotta ask.
This her is online for 3 weeks, it's gotten exclusively 5-Star reviews, and I find myself wondering: Is there a catch?
Do I have to see this soon, or is it no sin to wait a bit? Seeing as I'll probably grow impatient for the next chapter if it's as good as the reviews make it out to believe.
It's up to you really. As someone who wrote one of those reviews, I would heavily recommend that you check it out at some point in time, though you will admittedly get a little bit blue balled, both in regards to story and the erotic elements if you come in expecting too much. There isn't any actual nudity in this episode, as it only takes place during the span of some hours, but there is still enough implications and smutty banter to make it spicy. I would advice that you check it out now to see if the premise appeals to you, and if you like it, fight your impatience by hanging around discussing things in the comments.

Shades of the Ancients from Freespace?
Was thinking more along the lines of the Imperium of Man from Warhammer 40k

Me666

Mar 14, 2018
Ok, I gotta ask.
I answered this exact question, way back when ;)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I meant in regards to the sort of slave labour I assumed you were referring to in regards to the subjugation of the LGMs. Not quite sure that they are really suited for manual labour in the first place though, considering their small size. This all assuming that they are the primitive species with only a few thousand individuals existing that we have currently observed them to be. Containment, eradication, or simply ignoring them as their planet is colonised are all probably the best options imo. Subjugating them is just too inefficient for too little gain.

Also, there is indeed a very big problem with speciesism. There is not enough of it :cool:. Humanity must dab on those who would stop it from achieving our destiny to be unchallenged masters of the galaxy.
I'd say we don't know enough about them to make an irreversible decision.:)

As someone who is a supporter of the United Federation of Planets rather than Terran Empire, I cannot agree.:geek:

>Allowing a girl with that long hair and terrible weapon discipline tag along in a combat situation
Exactly! And she's holding a FAMAS rifle of all things! French gun in a British developed game? Preposterous!

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017

As someone who is a supporter of the United Federation of Planets rather than Terran Empire, I cannot agree.:geek:

Exactly! And she's holding a FAMAS rifle of all things! French gun in a British developed game? Preposterous!
That was a goblin slayer reference

ItsEricBoi

Sep 13, 2017
Y'know, I think the thing I enjoy most about making this game is seeing you guys play and discuss it. I -really- am looking forward to your thoughts as this game hots up :)

Just remember actions have consequences...Unless you cover your tracks ;)
Btw does jerking off to your own games work? Or is it like tickling yourself?

Reactions: Nottravis

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Ok, I gotta ask.
Reviews here are sort of like Uber ratings, a 4 might as well be a death knell. People who like the game want it to get more popular, so the dev gets more funding, which increases the chance that it gets completed. So 5s it is.

Obviously the game's not perfect, but even in these early stages, it's very promising. If it reaches fruition, it'll easily be in the top tier of games here. But I'd advise waiting 2 weeks for the next episode. So far, we have a tantalising teaser, which you can go through a few times thanks to the branching paths, but I suspect episode 2 is when you can really start sinking your teeth in.

PowerDildos

May 30, 2017
I answered this exact question, way back when ;)
Hah, seems like you and I had an identical reaction to this game. Namely come out of long term lurking, find all the ways to support the thread through official means, then go into the comments in order to sing our praises.

I fully agree with the we don't know enough about them statement. I do however not know all that much about Star Trek, but I don't think the UFoP would approve of your "subjugation or containment" approach to the LGMs :sneaky:. As a staunch supporter of Humanity Fuck Yeah, I personally just approve of any approach that improves Mankind's place amongst the stars. If that means being the leader of a progressive and peaceful federation of multiple races, then I support humanity as the first of equals. If it means waging endless war over 10 millennia against a grim and dark galaxy with species aiming for our ultimate destruction, then I will support mankind's retaliatory effort to yeet the Xenos out of existence as well. :cool:

We will simply have to see what the most logical approach in the H5 universe ends up being.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes