Unity Abandoned Heartlake City [v0.01] [Many Tents Studio]

U

User_23654

f759bf725571432f88d77bfe419d1e3b.png
Overview:
Heartlake city is life sim/RPG videogame with adult/erotic content. The game focuses around Mia, who has finally returned home after spending four years in an all girls Catholic boarding school. (There will also be an option to play as her brother, Charlie, in a later update for those who don't like female protagonists). Guide them as they meet new people, build (or ruin) relationships, gain skills and careers, and find their path in life.​

Updated: 03-May-2018
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: none
Version: 0.01
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:
Win: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

amyHomeYoga1.png breakfastCookChatAmy1.png breakfastMiaAshley.png cafe1.png Game_Intro_A1.png Game_IntroA5.png Home_Parents_MiaSleep1.png miaPorch2.png

Bird1019

Dec 9, 2017
Was playing Part Timer and got bored. I'll try this before I head to bed. Sounds as if there's potential.

sergl

Aug 13, 2017
^Big agree, even if it's just a meme

Honestly the story doesn't even disappoint me to wanting to discuss it, if anything I'm more disappointed by the devs using Unity for these terrible cookie-cutter incest VNs. The fact someone (I am completely convinced this has been the work of a single person over several years making at least 4-5 of these a month, under different companies in an attempt to milk it for all it's worth) wastes hours of their life writing the same story, the same unbelievable characters, uses the same animating / rigging software just to take the same bland photos of the same high-resolution low-polycount monstrocities, with the same exact hair repeated ad-infinitum, just to fill a quota and make bank on a Patreon that'll never go past 20 patrons.

I just, really do not understand why this guy, girl, duo, whoever the entity is that spits these games out with such compulsion, such fanatical zeal, they just have to make endless repeats of the same game. Is there seriously this big a market for poorly done machine-translated '(too)Early(to)Access' games? What's the point?

BlahBlah95

Oct 8, 2017
Thought it was good. Could probably have her know about her mother's death in advance, and that be what she was so deep in thought about on the train, just for the sake of peoples immersion (I don't mind it being glossed over, don't want to spend time in what is basically a demo watching a character grieve), But as a demo I enjoyed it, liked the characters and think it has potential story-wise, and I like the idea of having multiple protagonists (gives different perspectives and some replayability in the long run) writing it off at this stage would be way too premature. I think if there was perhaps a bit more attention to realism it would be fantastic....but there's not a lot of games in this genre that are super realistic, and the ones that try to be, I notice, get criticized for it eventually for one reason or another, anyway.

Alternatively, could just cut out her mother's death and introduce Amy as her mother, unless her mother's death is going to be a major plot point in future released (which I couldn't imagine being the case), as it doesn't really serve any purpose that I can see.

Regardless, I'll look forward to future releases. Cheers.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
Far too little content for an initial release. There is basically nothing to do.

M

monkeybird69

8 preview pictures and none of them have nudity... not a good sign. And pretty much all the outfits are default outfits for daz... No creativity. But on the plus side it has multiple models in multiple shots. Which means this person probably has a decent computer at least. I feel like an ass for commenting... I don't plan on playing this.

Hybris

May 9, 2017
^Big agree, even if it's just a meme

Honestly the story doesn't even disappoint me to wanting to discuss it, if anything I'm more disappointed by the devs using Unity for these terrible cookie-cutter incest VNs. The fact someone (I am completely convinced this has been the work of a single person over several years making at least 4-5 of these a month, under different companies in an attempt to milk it for all it's worth) wastes hours of their life writing the same story, the same unbelievable characters, uses the same animating / rigging software just to take the same bland photos of the same high-resolution low-polycount monstrocities, with the same exact hair repeated ad-infinitum, just to fill a quota and make bank on a Patreon that'll never go past 20 patrons.

I just, really do not understand why this guy, girl, duo, whoever the entity is that spits these games out with such compulsion, such fanatical zeal, they just have to make endless repeats of the same game. Is there seriously this big a market for poorly done machine-translated '(too)Early(to)Access' games? What's the point?
This pretty much perfectly sums up the state of patreon based games. I've noticed that after Big Brother got put on hold/shut down that a lot of these sort of 5 minute wonders are coming out of the woodwork as of late.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
*sight*

here i go again.. i'll be honest again and not too rude.

- my very first impression > downloading the game > see 48Mb size .... o_O even my own game prologue is 170mb ... > 2 possibles way : the game compressed as hell and super optimised or it didnt have a minute to play...

- another "back from somewhere to home" story like soo many others..

- why Unity for a VN ? i never get that... renpy is way better and less complicated for Vn ( and way less chance to broke game on engine update)

- "a lady i dont recognize answer the door" .. no surprise.. its soo dark that i cant even see that they are an character in there ...

- renders are a bit "grainy", sometime alots

- no backroll

- mom died, dad meet and date another girl few months after.. wow :O

- grinding stuff ( specially the "you are not very attractive" .. shit, she look pretty cute to me )

- the UI is terrible in my honest opinion...

- taking a bath cost some energy ... what is this voodoo trick ??? taking a bath is a good way to get some energy, not lost some

- mother die, i dont give a shit after a tear .. :O

+/- eat, bath, look yourself in mirror and sleep... all you can do for now. nothing else to do, or i didnt grind enougth...

+ english is correct

thats just my opinion... after like 2 minutes of gameplay, you are stuck in the houe forever from room to room for eating, sleeping, watching yourself in mirror and taking a bath ( that cost you energy LOL )

not worth the download for now..

Reactions: Escape

ManyTents

May 3, 2018
Thanks for the feedback guys/girls and I'll try to explain some of it. I released the game in this state because I didn't want to keep building the game without feedback, and I'm glad I didn't.

There should be no ability to donate to the game yet, I didn't want people to see it as a cash grab.
I'm a college student making a first game that isn't a school project, not a conspiratorial entity.

There won't be incest, unless the platform allows it or it doesn't need a platform. but I wanted to have some tension towards it regardless.
Nor is it a VN, though it will have minor scenes, which are like those present in the game, and major scenes, which are more VN like (like the intro).

The intro was admittedly rushed and the mother was "killed off" to start changes within some of the characters. It also wasn't explained yet that the mother was very religious and kept the family under very tight wraps, which is why Mia spent school where she did, while her sister fought with the mother on it. It was unrevealed that Charlie also went to boarding school and joined the military to get away. People might think the military father put him up to it, but he has actually been against war since being in the military himself, and was against it.

The father didn't start dating months after the mother's death, but I could see how it would seem like it due to lack of information. The father decided it best to withhold the information from her and Charlie so that they wouldn't be distracted from school/the military. They weren't able to communicate much as is. There was supposed to be a scene at breakfast the next day where things were cleared up more, but it didn't get implemented.

I realize now that I should of spent way more time explaining things in the intro, it was somewhat planned to release most information through scenes and bits of dialogue.

As for losing energy in the bath.. yeah, that probably shouldn't happen..
As for the "you are not attractive", it was supposed to be changed to indicate that you need a bath.
Neither of these are tough changes.

Apologies if you feel like you wasted your time, but I appreciate the feedback.

Things in the game so you don't waste your time:
-Intro
5 or 6: Either Father or Amy should be working out in the parents' room.
7: Talk to Amy cooking breakfast (I wasn't able to find food assets I really liked).
8: Have Breakfast / Chat with family
9-19: Nothing right now, except for maybe watching T.V. alone.
20: Dinner / Chat with family.
21-22: Talk with Ashley in her room or watch T.V. with Father/Amy.
23-5: Household sleeps.

..I believe that it so far.
(I wanted to get the house right before letting the player venture outside.)

Peace and Love, ManyTents.

Trollolol

Apr 6, 2018
The only character model in this game I haven't seen in 30 other games is the underage looking girl with the ponytail. PASS.

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
I've played the intro ...
Unbelievable story if i ever read one. I mean c'mon....

-You've been sent to a boarding school for four years. Your sister wasn't....why?
- No contact for four years with your loving family. what?...was this school on Mars and they don't have phones, holidays etc? Not even to call your mom died and you need to Mourne and attend the funeral!!!!
- You're gone for 4 years and they know you're on your way home (how can you not know)and they let the few month girlfriend open the door, a complete stranger.
Then get hugs from dad and sis, cus ooohh they missed you so much and oh yeah...btw...your mom died, this is your new mom.
Then you get dropped in sandbox mode. I couldn't make myself to click one more thing ingame.
Just said; Fuck you dad and sis. choke and die on your hugs, consider your ass deleted.
This intro killed the game for me even before it started.

Most of the time, if i can't say something nice about a game or some good intended criticism i keep my mouth shut but this intro irritated me so much i had to vent.

Good luck with developing, hope for you you can break even someday or earn a bit on this but i highly doubt it.

Edit: I didn't read the message from ManyTents before where it gets explained a bit. Still, i stand with my comment. Maybe it's not a money grab but if you want to make money on this eventually, you have to step up your writing or get a good writer to do it for you

Reactions: Vezzeli

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
I checked it out. There's nothing there really. I'm not sure If I'll come back or not. You don't even get the possiblity of family interactions after breakfast, so it's hard to get any background on the faimily at all.

I don't know that I want everything the dev stated earlier spelled out at the beginning of the game because massive infodumps like that really turn me off of playing a game, but there should definitely be more going on to get the player interested. Heck, you can't even change clothes, which would have been at least a little something.

If I were the develioper, I wouldn't put out an update until there's some actual content and game play. Perhaps if you could talk seperately to the sister, you could reveal some of the issues with the mother that way, same with Dad.

Oh yeah, springing the news of her mother's death on the character in that way didn't really work for me either. It just seemed callous--not to mention I can't imagine their not being friction with Dad's new girlfriend if you're going that route.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
Thanks for the feedback guys/girls and I'll try to explain some of it. I released the game in this state because I didn't want to keep building the game without feedback, and I'm glad I didn't.

There won't be incest, unless the platform allows it or it doesn't need a platform. but I wanted to have some tension towards it regardless.

Peace and Love, ManyTents.
no incest unless the platform allows it. Well if you go to Patreon then there will be no incest unless a mod puts it in. And from the comments i have read so far i will wait for a couple releases and a mod puts in incest cause well yea i will just wait.