Daz Tutorial HD Big Titty Texture Tutorial for Breastacular

Greyboxx

Oct 15, 2023
So you've decided to do a close up render of some big ol' titties using the Breastacular geograft and were immediately disappointed at how bad the textures look. The texture maps have been stretched beyond their sensible limits and suddenly those massive fun-bags are no longer as alluring as you were hoping. You've probably tried a few simple tricks like toning down the bump and normal maps but they still aren't satisfactory. Fear not, there is a solution.

Here is a sample of the Breastacular graft with the standard stretched out textures:
uhdtt4b-breastacularbase.png

To fix this we will need another product called Breast Utilities 2 made by Soto. We will be using a Genesis 8.1 female figure for this tutorial but this method will work on Genesis 8 as well (*1). For the sake of simplicity please start with a basic 8.1 figure, do not add any other products, geografts or geoshells at this time so that we're not dealing with shell conflicts and such (unless you're familiar with using multiple geoshells of course).

1: Dial up your big tiddy morphs and apply whichever skin you would like to the figure. In this tutorial I'm using a skin that utilizes the Iray Uber shader but this can also be used on PBR skins (*2).

2: Load the Breast Utilities 2 Shell Base Genesis 8.1 Female on your figure. There are many options for adding normal/bump details with this product. Here we are using some bump details to the areolas but otherwise have kept the base options that the shell loads with. Do not apply nipple morphs in the parameters tab yet as we will be using Breastacular later for that. Set up the textures as you desire and make sure to use the IRAY preview in the viewport to confirm things look how you want.

Breast Utility 2 Shell setup with the desired HD textures:
uhdtt4b-breastultilities2base.png

3: Now that we have the textures set up we need to save them as a Shader Preset. Select the Breast Utilities 2 Shell in the scene tab then navigate to the surfaces tab. Select the "Body" option in the Breast Utilities 2 Shell surface then File > Save As > Shader Preset and confirm (*1: If Genesis 8 is used you will be saving the "Torso" as a shader preset). Make sure you save this Shader Preset in a location in your Daz Library that you can find.

4: Load the Breastacular graft on the figure and then run the Copy Material script. Do not load the Breastacular Shell.

5: Click on the Breast Utilities 2 Shell and go to the surface tab. Select both the Breastacular Arms and Torso. You'll notice in the image below that the shader for those is Daz Studio Default (RSL). We need to apply the BU2 02 Iray Uber Detail shader that Soto has supplied in Shader Presets > Soto > Iray > Iray Uber Detail. Apply that now.

(*2 If you're using a PBR skin then you still need to apply that same BU2 02 Iray Uber Detail shader to the Breastacular Arms and Torso surfaces of the BU2 shell, do not apply the Daz Iray PBRSkin shader to the shell surfaces)

uhdtt4b-uberdeets.png

6: With the base shader applied (notice the Shader now says Iray Uber Detail (MDL)) we simply need to apply the Shader Preset that we saved earlier. Keep both Breastacular Arms and Torso selected, navigate to where you saved the Shader Preset and apply it.

uhdtt4b-tiddyshader.png

7: If everything was done correctly the new HD texture should be applied to the Breastacular Arms and Torso surfaces of the Breast Utilities 2 Shell. All that is left is to select the Breastacular graft in the Scene tab and choose your nipple preset.

Here is the final result:

uhdtt4b-breastacularfinal.png

Troubleshooting:

Read through the replies below as I've addressed some specific issues already and the solution you need may already have been provided.

If your issue hasn't been solved then let me know and I will try to help you. Please provide the details about your issue, an image of the problem and make sure to include what skin you are using as it will help me solve your issue faster.

Hopefully this helps you all create bigger and better boobs!
-GB

Last edited:

Hot Coffee

Aug 17, 2019
Hi, and thank you so much for this tutorial, I only had one problem and I believe it has something to do with the PBR skin I am using. I am using a g 8.1 with an 8.1 skin... 1.png

This is what the breasts looked like directly after applying these three steps to make the BU2 work and some textures etc

2.png

I did BU2 01, then 02 and finally 03... Your method worked; however, I still have these little black dots as pictured here after following your tutorial. Any idea how to fix this?

3.png
Also, my next question is, after completing your tutorial, making BU2 and breastacular work together. How can we also make golden palace work? Any help is welcome, thank you!

Greyboxx

Oct 15, 2023
So it turns out there is an issue with using the Daz Iray PBRskin shader on the BU2 surfaces. Admittedly when I did a PBR test I was very brief and didn't render long enough to see those spots appear. From the official support thread others have said to use the BU2 02 Iray Uber Detail shader on the BU2 Shell supplied by Soto even if your base skin uses a PBR shader. I've corrected the tutorial and will properly test/verify and report back.

As far as using other geografts like Golden Palace/NGV8/etc, you can apply them as you normally would but remember you have to select the BU2 Shell after that and turn off the surfaces for the newly applied graft. Also if the new graft has a shell then turn off the BU2 and Breastacular surface options on that new grafts shell. Unless you mean using BU2 to retexture the GP graft, in that case you can't really do it without manually creating new bump/normal map textures out of the ones included with the Breast Utilities 2 product.

Last edited:

Greyboxx

Oct 15, 2023
Did another PBR skin test and everything rendered as expected.

• Loaded character and applied PBR skin
• Loaded BU2 Shell (this automatically applies the BU 1/2/3 steps you mentioned so no need to do it again unless you change the skin after you load the shell)
• Changed the specular to the 2 setting to reduce the shine and changed the skin type to 4 just because (these are personal prefereces, not required)
• Save BU2 "Body" surface as Shader Preset
• Load Breastacular graft and run the Breastacular Material Copy script
• Select both Breastacular surfaces on the BU2 Shell and apply Soto's BU2 02 Iray Uber Detail shader
• Load the saved "Body" Shader Preset to both Breastacular surfaces of the BU2 Shell.
• Set nipple preset on the Breastacular graft
• Set BU2 Shell distance to .05 for a better fit (also not required)

Result:
betb-01-07-pbrtttest.jpg

If using the BU2 02 Iray Uber Detail shader doesn't fix your issue then let me know what character skin you're using and I can have a look at it.

Reactions: lonejackman

Hot Coffee

Aug 17, 2019
If using the BU2 02 Iray Uber Detail shader doesn't fix your issue then let me know what character skin you're using and I can have a look at it.
Thanks for the help, I followed the updated steps however, the issue still persists with the small grey smudges... I am using this skin

Is there a simple way to convert the PBR skin I am using, to the same skin that utilises the Iray Uber shader before trying the tutorial?

Greyboxx

Oct 15, 2023
Alright, so I ran a test on that skin and figured it out. The issue is caused by the glitter settings. To fix it select the BU2 Shell in your scene tab, find the Glitter options under Heirarchical Material (People>Genesis 8 Female>Anatomy>Soto>Breast Utilities 2>Genesis 8.1 Female>Materials>Iray>Hierarchical Material Presets>Glitter), use the option to toggle glitter off, then save your Shader Preset and follow the rest of the tutorial as normal.

Reactions: raziul

Hot Coffee

Aug 17, 2019
The issue is caused by the glitter settings
Glitter was indeed the cause of this problem I followed the tutorial with the added step of turning off the glitter and have had success, thank you so much!

select the BU2 Shell after that and turn off the surfaces for the newly applied graft.
How do you turn off selected surfaces? I have tried to look for an answer on the daz forums but simply cannot figure it out…
Unless you mean using BU2 to retexture the GP graft, in that case you can't really do it without manually creating new bump/normal map textures out of the ones included with the Breast Utilities 2 product.
No, I just want to make the combo of BU2 and breastacular work with golden palace as the next step.

Greyboxx

Oct 15, 2023
How do you turn off selected surfaces?
Think of shells as a secondary skin that covers an entire character and when you select a shell in the scene tab you will have options on what body parts it will affect in its respected Parameter tab. There you will see a list of off/on toggles for each part of the model.

In this scenario we already added a BU2 shell and a Breastacular (BT) graft and are now going to add the Golden Palace (GP) geograft. After adding the GP graft, running the Material Copy script and adding a GP shell you'll see that both the BT graft and GP graft have turned grey/pale. What is happening is that the shells are affecting body parts that they should not be. We only want the BU2 shell to apply to the BT graft and the GP shell to apply to the GP graft.

Click on the BU2 shell, go to Parameters and toggle off all GP associated parts. Then select the GP shell, go to Parameters and toggle off the BT associated parts. This same process applies to any additional shells/grafts that you may add on later for things such as wetness effects, makeup/tattoo shells, etc.

GP (and all of Meipe's grafts) includes a Shell Fix script that helps automate this process. See the Golden Palace Tutorial PFD included with GP on how to use it.

Hot Coffee

Aug 17, 2019
GP (and all of Meipe's grafts) includes a Shell Fix script that helps automate this process. See the Golden Palace Tutorial PFD included with GP on how to use it.
I have been using this for a while to get breastacular to work with GP and it literally didnt compute in my brain until you mentioned it.

GREYBOXX YOU LIFESAVER! All of the elements are working in perfect unison now phew! I will be using these steps and method for the rest of my characters now. But thank you very much for the clear explanation! Do you mind if I ask you some more Daz related question in Dms??

Reactions: Greyboxx

Greyboxx

Oct 15, 2023
I have been using this for a while to get breastacular to work with GP and it literally didnt compute in my brain until you mentioned it.

GREYBOXX YOU LIFESAVER! All of the elements are working in perfect unison now phew! I will be using these steps and method for the rest of my characters now. But thank you very much for the clear explanation! Do you mind if I ask you some more Daz related question in Dms??
Excellent! I was aiming for this to be a very beginner friendly tutorial so I'm happy it worked out. And sure, you're more than welcome to ask :)

htreehtree

Jun 30, 2022
Does high resolution nipples offer more than BU2? If so I'd also be interested in seeing how this could work!
I really like the areolas of high resolution nipples and the nipples of breastaculur, I more so want to use BU2 for the skin on the breast. but when trying to combine all three it gives the character white around the breast and not the skin. even applying the shell fixes and turning off the other shells in parameters doesn't work :(

Greyboxx

Oct 15, 2023
So I had a look at this today and the issue here is that you're trying to stack geografts which, at least as far as I know, doesn't work. Now if you wanted to use BU2 with HighRes Nipples (HRN) instead of Breastacular you would essentially follow the same method as the tutorial I've posted but would apply the Soto shader base and then the saved Shader preset you've made to the HRN layer in the BU2 shell. You'll need the added step of deleting the HRN shell that is automatically loaded and parented to the HRN geograft. This of course means that you won't be able to use the Breastacular nipples.

Now I believe you may be able to use the Transfer Utility to transfer the areola morphs from the HRN geograft to Breastacular (or vice versa even) then use my tutorial as is. Unfortunately I don't really have experience with that so I can't help, though I'm sure you can find a tutorial somewhere on how to use the Transfer Utility to transfer morphs.

htreehtree

Jun 30, 2022
So I had a look at this today and the issue here is that you're trying to stack geografts which, at least as far as I know, doesn't work. Now if you wanted to use BU2 with HighRes Nipples (HRN) instead of Breastacular you would essentially follow the same method as the tutorial I've posted but would apply the Soto shader base and then the saved Shader preset you've made to the HRN layer in the BU2 shell. You'll need the added step of deleting the HRN shell that is automatically loaded and parented to the HRN geograft. This of course means that you won't be able to use the Breastacular nipples.

Now I believe you may be able to use the Transfer Utility to transfer the areola morphs from the HRN geograft to Breastacular (or vice versa even) then use my tutorial as is. Unfortunately I don't really have experience with that so I can't help, though I'm sure you can find a tutorial somewhere on how to use the Transfer Utility to transfer morphs.
I'll give that a try. thanks!

GeppettoPossum

Formerly 'solongdentalplan'
Oct 29, 2019

Hey Greyboxx,

Do you have any suggestions for dealing with seams? I was able to follow your directions with great success otherwise, but the shell doesn't seem to have any blending with the rest of the skin. The blending was there until I loaded Breastacular.
And yes, I know these are some saggy boobs. Don't judge me :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: I think the issue might be because those textures are using the Iray Uber Detail (MDL) you mentioned in the tutorial, whereas the rest of the skin uses the default Daz one?

1710896079708.png

Last edited:

Greyboxx

Oct 15, 2023
Hey Greyboxx,

Do you have any suggestions for dealing with seams? I was able to follow your directions with great success otherwise, but the shell doesn't seem to have any blending with the rest of the skin. The blending was there until I loaded Breastacular.
And yes, I know these are some saggy boobs. Don't judge me :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: I think the issue might be because those textures are using the Iray Uber Detail (MDL) you mentioned in the tutorial, whereas the rest of the skin uses the default Daz one?
Nothing wrong with some big saggies, lol.

You're probably right, textures usually do have a slight tone shift like that when using a different shader type. Can you tell me what skin you're using so I can take a closer look?

GeppettoPossum

Formerly 'solongdentalplan'
Oct 29, 2019
Nothing wrong with some big saggies, lol.

You're probably right, textures usually do have a slight tone shift like that when using a different shader type. Can you tell me what skin you're using so I can take a closer look?
Thanks for the response.

Looks like I'm using the default 8.1F texture:

1710963619039.png