Have any of you finished Acid Style's new title "Explorer of the golden planet"?

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Not sure if this will work, but here is a picture of my map now. I was dumb and didn't notice this other path, but now it seems I am missing a fast travel spot. No idea where it is.
Well thats only a part of the map, only thing I remember about that area is that its the jungle area mostly I think. Oh and one thing, the jungle boss is kinda annoyingly hidden, with the same mechanic the whole jungle has, those leaf areas that you can pass through. I think if you take the west mostern capsule, go right from there into the jungle, and down rightish into a new screen, and then jump up through the passable area on the ceiling to get to him. The jungle boss has no beacon though, only the second in command called Cobalt, which the Female commander in base says to rescue at some point. The red antagonist female one is called Uranium btw, the whole game has a metal based theme, theres more names like that.

I tried going through the translator as linked but all I get is a bunch of Kanji over when the characters talk with hiragana and katakana. Any help?
Hmm seems to be how its supposed to be (setup wise), im using something other than ITH, but thats only the program that works as a go-between the game and a translation program like Translation Aggregator (TA) that you use. Can only name a few things that I can come up with now, for example, did you set up TA to translate from japanese to english? And did the tutorial cover the atlas installation, as thats the dictionary thats used to translate anything. Last advice would be the one I gave above, start the game, go to an npc, then start ITH and TA, and then talk to the npc. That way you should only get a few text outputs to chose to translate since you did not force a lot of other text to show up before. Do that and go through the possible text lines to translate in ITH. In the picture its set on a lot of numbers and ends in ExtTextOutW. Click there and see what other options are available, maybe that fixes it.

One thing thats interesting is, that one line that says [Ki]? seems to be one thing that actually got translated. Those things in [] are mostly used for declaring the person's name thats speaking.

BLahBLahFUck

May 22, 2018
Hmm seems to be how its supposed to be (setup wise), im using something other than ITH, but thats only the program that works as a go-between the game and a translation program like Translation Aggregator (TA) that you use. Can only name a few things that I can come up with now, for example, did you set up TA to translate from japanese to english? And did the tutorial cover the atlas installation, as thats the dictionary thats used to translate anything. Last advice would be the one I gave above, start the game, go to an npc, then start ITH and TA, and then talk to the npc. That way you should only get a few text outputs to chose to translate since you did not force a lot of other text to show up before. Do that and go through the possible text lines to translate in ITH. In the picture its set on a lot of numbers and ends in ExtTextOutW. Click there and see what other options are available, maybe that fixes it.

One thing thats interesting is, that one line that says [Ki]? seems to be one thing that actually got translated. Those things in [] are mostly used for declaring the person's name thats speaking.
Best I can work out, it's something to do with ITH. I've been using ITHVNR which seems to be causing this kanji confusion. I tried the original ITH but I get this message whenever I try to attach the game:

goude

May 22, 2018
Best I can work out, it's something to do with ITH. I've been using ITHVNR which seems to be causing this kanji confusion. I tried the original ITH but I get this message whenever I try to attach the game:
I am also getting this exact issue, though I'm not sure it's specific to ITHVNR, as it also happens with AGTH. It almost seems like some sort of encoding error. I'm on Windows 10 myself, what are you on?

Just_Monika

May 20, 2018
Anybody has a save with the full gallery? I seem to be missing quite a few monsters / maybe npcs?.
I have no idea where I missed those.

BLahBLahFUck

May 22, 2018
Does anyone have a list of what the flash drives do? I see numbers that mean nothing to me, and I can only work out one particular drive draws item drops to you, but otherwise I have no idea.

Also, what are the MOD blueprints you pick up and how do you use them?

Ashavi

Mar 28, 2018
The purple one sets up guiding arrows to every terminal close by
Red is heat resist, Blue is heat resist. That's all I know.
--
Someone got a full save file? :D

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Does anyone have a list of what the flash drives do? I see numbers that mean nothing to me, and I can only work out one particular drive draws item drops to you, but otherwise I have no idea.

Also, what are the MOD blueprints you pick up and how do you use them?
There are quite a few different upgrades, think the small ones start with one that gives more drops from monsters, then comes one that gives more drops from iron veins, there are also more ammo drops, the mentioned 3 resist ones (heat, cold, paralzye/lightning). And they all come in different levels, level 1 for 10% bonus, level 2 for 20% and so on.
And the third big ones I only really remember what the first kinda red one does, gives health regen. But yeah theres a indicator mod, to guide you to the next capsule. And something like reduced death cost.

The blueprints? Those were mostly more options you could chose when having equipped a weapon/utility, you can customize the weapon/utility. For example, finding one for the energy shield lets you pick a variant of the shield that boost damage. Those are formerly marked with many ?????? as to signal they are not available.

I already deleted the game so I cant really give a good list. Also for the people with problems setting up the translator, I use AGTH + TA, theres already an option for AGTH in my TA, under Tools -> Launch Text Hooker -> Text Hook. Maybe that helps, if you have AGTH + TA and have ATLAS dictionary available you should have everything needed, after that its just understanding the text hooking and picking the right translation "thread".

Last, the save game, I can help there, but as mentioned I deleted the game already, and the ulmf forums arent responding, but that should only be a matter of time, I can grab the save when they are back up.

Ashavi

Mar 28, 2018
How do you get past the volcano wall?
I think I killed all bosses, but I'm stuck now, can't get past the walls from the 3 different routes

BLahBLahFUck

May 22, 2018
Also for the people with problems setting up the translator, I use AGTH + TA, theres already an option for AGTH in my TA, under Tools -> Launch Text Hooker -> Text Hook. Maybe that helps, if you have AGTH + TA and have ATLAS dictionary available you should have everything needed, after that its just understanding the text hooking and picking the right translation "thread".
I got that set up but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. AGTH shows a bunch of kanji but no hiragana or katakana being displayed in the game, and TA doesn't respond to anything.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Heres a full save, and a guide. Dont think I can really help with the translation problem, remote diagnosis doesnt help. Can only recap the whole process, and thats installing a japanese dictionary, as in Atlas, then having a program that would use that dictionary to translate things, for example TA or VNR, and then having a program that would feed the translating program with text lines to translate through hooking onto the game, as in AGTH or ITH. TA and VNR do have inbuilt text hooking programs it seems, and with those text hooking programs you have to pick the right string of text to translate.

Last advice is, check if you did step one of the tutorial I posted on page one.

"1) Set your system locale to Japanese for non-Unicode programs

I mentioned this in the previous section, but I’ll mention it again because it’s essential.

It’s VERY important for you to set the system locale to Japanese. If you don’t, eroge won’t produce Japanese text properly, and you will be left with a game given you random symbols. You can find how to change your system locale in the ‘Installing and Configuring Eroge‘ section. It’s the very first step."

Some information to that, normally games wont even start if you dont have it set to japanese, they outright refuse to open. That even goes as far as, if you unpack a game while in your original language, and then switch to japanese, it wont work because the unpacking already used non-japanese text.

So see about setting up your computer with japanese for non-unicode programs, then also only unpack games while in said mode, and also only play them in that mode. Theres also applocale for that, but I found it to not do it for me. And dont worry, setting the system locale to japanese does not make everything japanese, it only really helps the computer put out the real japanese symbols instead of weird stuff.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Golden Planet thread
Wandering City thread

yeah my advice again is to look at ulmf, saw your other thread. There are enough people here that would love to have more japanese games translated but at ulmf there are people actually translating them, so they sometimes even have japanese language knowledge.

I only really remember what some characters are called, the blue one you rescue at the jungle is called Cobalt, the red female one you fight Uranium, and the last character has the name of the game in it, Iron Ferret, sometimes even Iron pig (dont ask me why exactly, translators dont have to make sense). Well the name of the game that people translated early, Explorer of the Golden Planet came later.

About the Repair Girl's name, I think I only ever recall the MC calling her Master, or Venerable Master, since she finds her in that "metal trash heap pile" at the start of the game and supposedly fixes her.

Edit: Alright alright, re-downloaded the game, fired up the translator, and the MC doesnt really seem to get a name tag at first, and I dont even remember if it later got one. But, the Master, or the Repair Girl, has one, she is called Aperi.

Reactions: Ashavi

Ashavi

Mar 28, 2018
Thanks again Delmach, I tried to enter ulmf before but looks like it was down.
Thought the problem was from my VPN.
Hell, even my account wasn't getting approved for some reason.

goude

May 22, 2018
I figured it out! (Kinda.) I have no idea how to get this to work with anything else, but if you use AGTH with the code /x3, it will show a TON more threads, mostly containing garbage. But one thread, MultiByteToWideChar actually has the proper text in it and can actually be used for translation.

Thareal

Jul 27, 2017
I already deleted the game so I cant really give a good list. Also for the people with problems setting up the translator, I use AGTH + TA, theres already an option for AGTH in my TA, under Tools -> Launch Text Hooker -> Text Hook. Maybe that helps, if you have AGTH + TA and have ATLAS dictionary available you should have everything needed, after that its just understanding the text hooking and picking the right translation "thread".
Delmach, have you already used your AGTH setup with this game? Did it work?

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Delmach, have you already used your AGTH setup with this game? Did it work?
Yes it did, with my regular setup. One thing I forgot to mention earlier in this thread is that I also use the parameters /x /c /v when hooking with TA. Think those were meant to make finding the right hooks easier. Just add them under Tools -> Text Hooker and then under AGTH options. I guess ITH or other programs have the same, just find something mentioning parameters.

Been playing various games with those settings for years, and only RPGmaker MV needs some special care sometimes.