VN - Others - Completed - Hatsukoi 1/1 [Tone Work's]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Dardanit

This is basically the predecessor of the absolut fabulous and wonderful Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai

buuuuuut it is actually quite terrible tbh, especially if you played Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai before Hatsukoi.

The MC is probably the DUMBEST one i ever had to endure & the worst thing about it, is that you cant change a thing about it.
    You are stuck with him and you have to endure his thought process without beeing able to change the outcome. There were points were i was literally screaming because of his stupidity & his decision making.

It also features the 2 worst routes i ever had to endure in a VN and they are both the "childhood friends" route wich i normally adore and love the most. They are absolute atrocious to the point were i really had to skip unread text because i couldnt deal with them + the MC anymore. You can actually read some warning about the 2 routes on other sites about how atrocious they are and they were right about it. The heroines themselves were terrible and partly unbearable too, not just character wise but also from the design perspective. While Runa is straight up obnoxious, Yukino looks & acts often like a psycho with yandere tendencies.

Im not going into any detail because it would spoil to much but if you want to have a good time than you should avoid these 2 routes at all cost.

Best girl Maya is the only thing that saves this VN. She is a great character overall with a decent story but an also really lackluster outcome and a "bad" "after story" which is not even an after story but rather an alternative ending. Kyou has a pretty generic route but is a loveable tomboy heroine and Midori is the typical out of touch & loved by everyone "student council president"

In the end Hatsukoi is by far the absolute inferiour version of Hoshi Ori Yume Mirai with worse characters, worse routes & the worst MC that ever existed in any VN, so beware about that.