VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Hard Work [Matchasoft]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1952336

Normally I don't like writing reviews that are not 5 stars because I don't want to hurt a fellow dev, but this Dev is not on F95 and doesn't have a patreon, so this review won't harm them. Plus there's no other reviews, so I wanted to offer some info for those who want to know if this game is worth the download.

Graphics - Looks pretty. Background are high quality anime. Characters look nice, and change poses and expressions here and there.

However the expressions are usually minimal, without eyebrows moving not conveying that much emotion.

Writing - Very wordy, slow, and boring. Drags on and on with nearly nothing occurring and no emotional depth. The sentence structure can be nice but often the writing feels clinical and dry.

Music - Constant elevator music. The song will change eventually, to another slow elevator song, and sometimes more exciting music. Better than no music.

Sounds - Some sound effects for things like a phone ringing.

Sex Scenes - A single nude image, and a single sex image, then that same image with cum squirting out. It's a nice looking image, but no animations. No sex noises, moaning or anything like that. There is a bunch of text for the sex scenes, but it doesn't align with the image you see and to me the writing for the sex scenes are boring. Some of lines are confusing as well. For example "Hot slickness lingers as she lifts herself for another attack." Did they mean, hot cum? If so why would it be lingering? Or they mean the smell of cum? Then why would it be slick? We'll never know but every other sentence in the sex scenes was puzzling to me where I'm struggling to imagine what's actually occurring. Another example "Her breasts sway with each motion, weather hers or my own". At first I read this as my breasts are also swaying, but eventually realized it's talking about the motions that cause her breasts to sway, but then are we moving separately? And wait the sex scene hadn't started yet, what movement is this referring too? Maybe it made sense in context but the devs disabled roll back so I can't find out. All of these decisions make for a very slow and confusing story. "Scarlet bites at her lower lip" is another example, how do you bite "at" your lower lip? So the sex scenes are relying on the writing to carry them but the writing is confusing with grammar mistakes.

Controls - Bad. They disabled renpy's roll back. Your eyes start to glaze over with the overload of text conveying nothing new, then you get confused at a line of dialogue but can't roll back to the previous page.

There's an audio button above the text box sometimes and if you click it, it will play a random sound effect that seems to have nothing to do with the story and no purpose. Such as a cough, a squishing noise, a button press, a horn. This also has no effect on the story or anything else.

Overall - A very slow wordy visual novel. It could be relaxing to some. It has more polish than most VNs here that get abandoned.