• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - Gunpowder Cocktail [Ch.1 Steam] [ByteHog Prime]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Kezza329

originally started to look quite promising, however after spending a few hours playing, its anything but sandbox. No sleep penetrative sex at all, cum on lips, legs, tits, and thats it.

the sex is lacking for the amount of Text there is to get through, its boring to say the least. truly fucking boring.

the character models look good from your standard renpy, however there could be additional details of the genitals and so on. but yeah. the game is boring
  2. 2.00 star(s)

thegrindisreal

Game in the works for almost two years yet no sexual scenes whatsoever...Unrealistic scene where the MC forces himself on the mob boss' secretary. Instantly morphs from timid virgin to general macchissmo...while not being able to pull even one good punch. But it's ok to whip out his dick on the first female character he interacts with...What's that? I'm to toxic?
    Oh look, the steam comments are the same about the game...
    Add some god damn logic to your product.
    The good thing about the game is the setting. Tell the dev the MC doesn't have to score every chick in the game.
    Game has promise. There is enough booty to go around.
    The NTR sex scenes can be a good idea, while the MC actually matures and start scoring the normal way!
  3. 2.00 star(s)

dimsey87

Ain't the biggest fan of so-called sandbox style games in the first place and this one does little to change my perception of them. My main issue being that content is spaced out in such a way that there are days where you're pretty much just waiting for the next event you can trigger to roll around.

It's a pity because I was kinda enjoying it in spite of the aforementioned and other minor issues. But I don't have the patience to stick with a game that doesn't respect my time. That's an issue with most sandbox games - there's a lot of needless clicking about - but the issue is exacerbated here by the way events are spaced out.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

I loved this game when it first came out. I enjoyed the humor and even the NTR aspects. The characters are all well written and I was looking forward to seeing, first of all would it stick around and secondly, how it would develop.

But suddenly, the dev inserted a sandbox element and just ruined it. Why do people do "sandbox" in these VNs? Ren'py is not really designed to be a gaming system and while some devs can pull off some gamification, sandbox, IMO, rarely works well and this is no exception.

In this game, there are only certain times of the day and certain times of the week different elements will fire. FFS, just tell the dang story. Why make the user skip days or time periods and have nothing to do in the off times? Just freaking tell the story.

At least, so far, the MC has not had to do things like look for dirty laundry or read a book to increase a skill.

Sigh.... I know I am in the minority here and there seem to be a number of people who like this "game" and I am happy for the dev. Seriously. They obviously work hard and are talented and they produce regular updates so we need to support devs like this. I just will never understand sandbox. There are only 2 or 3 Ren'py VNs that I know of with decent sandbox systems, but most of the time I find they just get in the way and GC is no exception. It takes you out of the story and interrupts the flow. It's just silly.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

__b

Pros:
    Great renders and models.

Cons:
    No reason what so ever to make this a sandbox.
    The progression system is bad as you have to complete each character's first quest to begin the next quest of a character, which makes no sense when the game is a sandbox and you are supposed to be able to interact with characters in the order you prefer.
    Lastly the main character is very uninteresting and shallow, as is most of the other characters in this game except for maybe the Mafia boss guy.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

snow123789456

The narrative of the game is unexpectedly compelling, considering the initial concept. The visual elements strike a harmonious balance, adeptly blending engaging graphics with a judicious use of text. Subsequent updates have significantly elevated the overall gaming experience, introducing substantial improvements to the quality of life within the gameplay.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Consistently_1nconsistent

Story = Subpar.

Models = Actually Good

Choices = practically non existent except for NTR, no NTR. The * is the only reason this gets 2 stars. But here's the biggest problem, not only will the MC make zero progress with any of the women in his life, but if you actually want to see some action, you practically have to chose the NTR* stuff. It's fucking pathetic.

Gameplay = Unnecessary Free Roam designed to waste your time and create false longevity for a practically nonexistent story.

Characters = Most of the characters are fine, but the MC is fucking child ready to fuck anything the moves.

Music = Fuck whomever made the music for this crap.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 2/5
    Its has a pretty solid main story which is quite fun, but it gets ruined by the promisses of having alot of choices, problem is you dont have a choice what so ever, MC fucks whoever due to having a mindset of a 12 year old that never learned the word no and you will find that out within the first 5 mins of playing where he gets a BJ from a very ugly old ass milf with big saggy tits, without having a single choice as the player and one ting i hate is LIs being forced on you.
    MC feels very very submissive and where tags show male dom its more like femdom, females bossing MC around forcing him to do shit and then out of the blue it turns to maledom which feels weird and idiotic going from pure submissive to dom.... and it just dosent fit hes character either, maybe its supposed to be funny but i dont see it.
    Its to bad since i think main story had alot of potential, just the fact that you can kill people or get your boss to do so was a good supprise, there just to much other shit draging it down.

Cant say i like MC not just that hes very childish but he looks and act like it as well, he loves anything that has a pussy old/yound/big/small/ugly anything, it just gets very cringy reading hes thought process when he thinks about how sexy and how great a big ass look even when its the most ugly LI in game, this is where i wish devs would learn to let the reader deside for them selfs and drop the cringy and idiotic thoughts, MC is also very very brainless, hes simply just not much fun to play.

Girls/LIs 2/5
    They are just plain ugly and theres absolutly nothing hot about them, it dosent help that the main focus is on big tit fetish which i also hate but even the faces are just well ugly, but it comes down to personal taste they just dident do a thing for me, game would need alot better diversity in builds to ever stand a chance since it blocks all players who arent into big tit fetish.

Animations 2/5
    Short boring and just meh

Music 2/5
    Standard background stuff and not really in my taste since it dosent really fit the game in most cases.

Choices 2/5
    Only reason its 2 and not 1 is due to having the star showing NTR content so you can avoid it if you wish, but as for everything else it would be 0/5 since you cant even pick who you want to fuck or not.

Sandbox 2/5
    Its just a standard boring sandbox clicking around map, doing quests, not questlines are tied together so you will be forced to do all questlines which removes any freedom and make sandbox pointless, many times you just have to click skip time for days so you can get to the day you need since theres nothing else to do....its just boring and pointless waste of time.
    It has a hint system that works ok, but it gets a bit boring keep having to click hints to figure out whats next.

Content 1/5
    Game is 1½ years old and it feels more like a first release, there just arent much content, and you reach the end of content with some LIs after doing a single quest with them, some dosent even have any content at all...same for main story its barely even started.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

DarkSithLord47

Sadly just another ''pretty renders'' game.
    Story progression = 0 ( cause lets face it why develop the game when you can make xmas,halloween etc episodes that add nothing to the game.
    Renders = decent
    Forced kinks = check
    Gameplay = Horrible
    Story = Subpar (at best)
  10. 2.00 star(s)

seaoflove

It was disapointing. It could be a lot better. It's mostly an empty sandbox. You have very specific times and places to be or you can't get to the next scene... That's not really how sandboxes are supposed to work. A lot of the scenes are NTR, and it seems like a wanna be harem game. Blocking an NTR path doesn't gain you more sex or scenes... It just avoids the NTR. The renders are nice though. Plus the main game is far too sparce of content to even consider making a spin off game... Which again, is just NTR. It's pretty much pointless to make this game a sandbox. The only "Sandbox Scenes" are sleeper creeper. You can't even talk to girls or buy anything or do anything in the sandbox portion other than those sleeper creeper scenes. Otherwise the sandbox portion is just... Wait until this specific day of the week and go to this location. Oh, and you can put in the incest code in the sandbox part too... It just feels so empty on content. There are no random scenes... No skills like lockpicking or work to do to make money to buy items. Plus the sleeper creeper stuff is really brief and there is almost no content there. Plus it's lacking in a sort of "Relationship System". You can't like build trust or love or anything with the girls. The entire game could have been made in a visual novel and nothing would have been lost. Add the sleeper creeper option at the end of one of the days. Add the incest at start of the game... Then just at a "Jump" to all the spots that start the next scene. The sandbox elements serve no greater purpose. The most annoying part is you gotta go to your bed to sleep at the end of each day... It would have gotten 1 more star if there was a "Fast Sleep" option. You just go around and explore and find nothing, then you can't even end the day anywhere... You gotta walk all the way to your room and lick on the bed.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

imbatmantwoface

Surprisingly good story for what the concept of the game is. Visuals are good and not too heavy or light on text versus visuals. Updates have massively improved quality of life playing the game. The game provides enough hints where you don't need a walkthrough or mod to find all of the content.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Kapiroto

If you're looking for a sensual experience that goes beyond the obvious, this game is definitely a worthwhile choice to explore.
    Overall, this exceeded my expectations in terms of narrative, visuals, and gameplay. It's an impressive example .
  13. 4.00 star(s)

PinkTurnsBlue

The higher rating is mostly because the LI's Sophia and Hazel are stunning. If not for them, and the anticipation of things to come ntr wise, I would rate this much lower. There's a lot wrong with this game:
    - very badly implemented sandbox elements, it's impossible to enjoy without a walktrough mod. The dev should drop this completely going forward.
    - lots and lots of teasing in the ntr department, abruptly ending the scenes, effectively blue balling the player. This is just due to poor writing skills, trying to prolong the game in an artificial way.
    - the story and dialog are beyond suspension of disbelief and make little to no sense more than half the time.
    - some of the facial expressions are hideous.
    - the mc is an idiot and a perv, very unlikable, it does make it easier to go the ntr route and root for all the 'bad guys' in the story.

I wouldn't recommend it in it's current state (or future if you dislike ntr), but I think when the dev finally includes some scenes where the LI's get 'conquered' by some of the ntr characters, it could give us some really hot stuff. I'm going to pick this one back up, once that happens.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Facha

Despite being a "recently new game" it is a total gem.

History 10 /10
    models 10/10
    Great dicks and womans body models 10/10
    The help provided by the game to know what to do is perfect too.

By far the best NTR game in F95

Couple of cons:
    Maybe the mom can be a little bit hotter, but she is anyway.

Already in my top 3 games.

I will give it 5 stars, it is like the game was made by me.
    if u like NTR where the mc does not participate active(not sharing) this is your game, do not hesitate.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

critic specialized in NTR

a hidden gem. This game seems to be right at the beginning, so maybe we don't have that much content, but the story and characters unfold well and in a humorous way within a story that can walk between NTR and classic harem vanilla. Knowing this, this game manages to make an interesting harem for the standard vanilla genre, but I believe that its greatest potential is in NTR, and I believe that it was and is built to be that way, let's say it is an edible NTR for the haters of the gender, of course if you're not very sensitive and even the good humor of the situations doesn't hold back your sensitivity. Finally, I believe that the main story can be the focus, developing the characters' routes through choices and especially the NTR routes that are the best, we have two spin-offs but at this point the focus should be on the main game.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

meta_33

Although the game was slow in progress at first, it progressed very well afterwards. It can be said that while it was an empty land at first, the producer turned the field into a place full of fertile vegetables. I hope the maker of this game continues to develop it. It's impossible not to get excited about the future of the game.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

LWtbo

Plot and character responces are hard to believe.
    MC is an imbecile.
    Sex scene are straight out of an adolecent fantasy's with writing to match.
    Females are atractive hence the score and only reason it's not a one.
    I give it a two and I think i'm being generous.
    Didn't get past the start of the f irst sexual encounter with Jade.
    And honestly I didn't want too.
    Tried it, hated it, deleted it, rateed it and moved on
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Redolfo

Really Good Game, cant wait for more.

Characters:
    Mother- really sexy Milf my personal favorite, fantastic sneces both vanilla and ntr
    Sister- Red hair my Favorite between them, for vanilla. The Older one had a good scne of ntr
    Police Officer- looks good, cant wait for more content

Main Character- Funny, i usually like or dont like a main character there is no in between, and this one i quite like him.

9.1/10 for now
  19. 2.00 star(s)

consumptionist

V0.5.0

is this a first release? no. yet it looks like one with so little content that my first impression is negative. getting 'end of content' message with one character from the get go and all the rest in no time.

then we get to game design. with so little content i seemed to be spending an inordinate amount of time skipping.
    sandbox....why exactly? if it was removed then all that will be lost is some pointless render hunting and the game would be massively enhanced as a VN. so not great on the design front.

the writing and story is run-of-the-mill and dialogue is so immature it may as well still be sucking on a pacifier.

visually it is good, but as this is pretty much it's only redeeming quality, pointless to write more as this will be my first and only visit to this game.

also, i hit not one single error so at least the dev knows how to code.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

IRedI

v0.5.0
    This game can be completed in less than 8 minutes.

Game choices are similar. Character corruption is fast.

It's absurd to change day to see a scene, sometimes looks like an empty game and sandbox tries to hide it. If this was a VN it wouldn't last 4 min gameplay.

Story? seriously?.
    Idiot MC + girls with nymphomaniac libido + depraved secondary male characters

Renders and character designs deserve 3 stars