VN Ren'Py Guest House [v0.1.4] [Soft Whisper Games]

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
I'm no expert and can offer little in the form of valuable advice. I will say though, don't try and please every request, because you will get a lot of them. I think the most successful Devs have a vision and stick to it.

Anywho, good luck Sir.
Probably very good advice. I want to please everyone thoughhhhh lol. If I get a bunch of 5 star ratings, brain produces dopamine. Dopamine means I have more energy to produce more game. More game means more 5 star reviews, which means more dopamine lol.

Aeterna09

Dec 11, 2022
The 3d models, renders and lighting looks really great, cant wait to play more, Good Luck with your project and I hope we can see what you envision for the story!

Reactions: Soft Whisper

Edhinor

Jun 3, 2022
Probably very good advice. I want to please everyone thoughhhhh lol. If I get a bunch of 5 star ratings, brain produces dopamine. Dopamine means I have more energy to produce more game. More game means more 5 star reviews which means more dopamine. IT'S A TRAP!
No no, Cruiser80 is right, what you have done so far is good, if you have a vision for the game, do not try to please everyone, it will end up with a mess and something you might feel burnt out about. I have given feedback but will always respect a dev that says that it doesn't fit their vision for the game and that they want to go in another direction.

It is obvious you have put a lot of effort in the game so far, keep that up and you will find your audience. Regarding the KN stuff for example, while I generally prefer games with choices, I follow and even support in Patreon a game that is a KN because it is very much to my linking so.... your audience will find you and support you if you have a good vision, tell a good story and put in good effort.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Beautiful Pose
1698402366770.png

Absolutely Horrendous text box.
1698402425094.png

Why? Like I'll just mod it out myself but c'mon man. Opacity sliders and text outline/shadow are your friend.
Other than that, pretty decent renders and animation quality was a surprise(The first 2). I have a bit of "yellow fever" so Asian models are :love: for me. Not sold on the overall theme though. But thats just me.

Good Luck.

Last edited:

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
Absolutely Horrendous text box.

Why? Like I'll just mod it out myself but c'mon man. Opacity sliders and text outline/shadow are your friend.
I like the UI, but I'll pass you the rpy files if you're willing to help me implement a textbox opacity function. That purple text probably won't show up very well without a white bg though.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I like the UI, but I'll pass you the rpy files if you're willing to help me implement a textbox opacity function. That purple text probably won't show up very well without a white bg though.
Yea, purple is too dark by itself. It would need to be a lighter color with a dark outline to pop unassisted by a textbox.

Reactions: MrBenny

jooojaaa

Feb 17, 2021
Ah, I see my game got tagged as big tits somehow. I'd say most of the women in my game have (or will have) average sized chests underneath their clothes. The clothing is making them appear larger than they actually are because of the breastacular nipple morph. I had to compensate for each characters nipples poking through their bras and shirts. Also, I was very limited in Korean Daz characters for obvious reasons. There aren't too many korean assets floating around. I may introduce some girls with more typical asian features in the future, but there's a limit to what I can safely do. I know some asian girls have very small breasts, but I want to make sure my game is as okay as possible so it stays out of any legal grey areas.
You don't have to worry much, East Asian women come in all kind of boobs/butts sizes (whether natural or plastic). And I understand your concern about the "grey areas", 'cuz I'm aware of the stereotypical image of Asian boobs size in the minds of people from other parts of the world, so it would be nice if you can include the bigger sizes in the near future (might help w/ changing that image). Thanks pal.

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
Yea, purple is too dark by itself. It would need to be a lighter color with a dark outline to pop unassisted by a textbox.
It's based of this gui kit ( ). The code is now spaghetti noodled into my games core code now, so attempting to change it at this point would most likely break the entire project. I can't even figure out how to override the purple text color for links to Patreon and what not. The gui dev was a master at hiding stuff deep inside obscure files. I was barely able to make a functional gallery function from his original code.

Speaking of, I could really use some help for getting a video gallery functional. Apparently, Renpy doesn't support video gallery playback by default and I'm not genius enough to figure it out on my own. Anyone think they could assist me? Maybe I should try asking in the programming section of f95... I spent 5 hours asking chatgpt for a solution the other day and the Ai couldn't even figure it out.

jooojaaa

Feb 17, 2021
fun fact, we east asians were considered white, until a german anthropologist by the name of Johann Friedrich Blumenbach, in the 1800's didn't like the idea of asians being called white, so he classified us as yellow, despite many east asians being even whiter than europeans, to put us below caucasians.
Fun fact, I'm Asian too, and I can tell (at least in my country), we come in all shades of skin (maybe not as white as Scandinavian and not as black as sub-Saharan African, not counting halfblood people). And I'm find w/ us being call yellow, something to differentiate us from the other continents.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
It's based of this gui kit ( ). The code is now spaghetti noodled into my games core code now, so attempting to change it at this point would most likely break the entire project. I can't even figure out how to override the purple text color for links to Patreon and what not. The gui dev was a master at hiding stuff deep inside obscure files. I was barely able to make a functional gallery function from his original code.

Speaking of, I could really use some help for getting a video gallery functional. Apparently, Renpy doesn't support video gallery playback by default and I'm not genius enough to figure it out on my own. Anyone think they could assist me? Maybe I should try asking in the programming section of f95... I spent 5 hours asking chatgpt for a solution the other day and the Ai couldn't even figure it out.
1698404102276.png

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I do agree that the text box looks nice, just gotta remember that if the player has to constantly hide it during sex scenes because it covers all the good stuff that's when it becomes a problem and usually why most games run the simple:
1b50b48779e2398fd095b4ee84cdfb4a.jpg

and have a textbox opacity function.

god_kane

Aug 3, 2020
The models look great and it's very refreshing. One thing that was weird though is how fast the milf (Kang right?) just "opened up".
If i understood correctly, on the first video call, she saw the MC torso and instantly "oh my god a half naked man, i need to get naked and masturbate for him and i can't wait for him to fuck me silly"
That felt really off.

Her model is my favorite so the idea that she is already conquered so fast is a huge let down :(
But i'll try out updates for sure because i am still curious what could happen.

Reactions: Soft Whisper

Leelaverse

May 24, 2021
Loved the release of this game, so I'll start with the Pros: As a half Korean lesbian, I am super fucking pumped for a Korean harem! So the first release was short and sweet, was a good introduction of the story, the MC, and the love interest which most Devs neglect on a first release, along with a decent length content. The models look beautiful and realistic, the animations were smooth as well.

For constructive criticism, the only real negative I personally found is the dialogue box, its bad bad, and no adjustment setting, so its big and bulky and blocks things.

I will definitely be keeping my eye on this one, its hard to tell how this will be seeing as this was really just a introduction and haven't seen how the story content is as far as the school setting and no options yet, but from how well this was I think this will be a great and fun game. I will also STRONGLY encourage you to listen to the previous advice of not appease everything as far as story goes, your the creator of this game, many games have been derailed and ruined by "expert" fan advice. Best of luck dev

4.10 star(s) 9 Votes