EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
cover copie.png

Overview:
Grown Up is a text-based life simulator game (HTML) where players begin as high school students and navigate the intricacies of adulthood. As you make choices, you'll encounter various characters, including content creators, whose reactions are influenced by your stats and decisions. Designed for accessibility, the game contains mature themes and offers a vast array of choices, from relationships to careers. Players are advised to approach with an open mind, recognizing the fictional nature of the content, and to enjoy the freedom to shape their unique adult journey.​

Thread Updated: 2024-05-21
Release Date: 2024-05-21
Developer: Lynx
Censored: No
Version: 0.08
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
All: - - - -
Update Only: - - - -
Others:

firefox_NiOx9QHCrM.jpg firefox_QzllUquvZ0.png firefox_qiTAqlVuJU.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynxss

Sep 22, 2023
Lynxss Why did you completely delete the first thread instead of just updating it?
It wasn't my decision, there was a public consensus that the censoring was a bit too much. To comply with that we asked the content creator that was currently in the game and the future ones we are going to include if there would be a possibility to include their content uncensored and we reached an agreement.

We also received multiple complaints about our interface being too similar to become someone, which we updated. In addition we fixed a few bugs.

Reactions: Space_Cow99

Kuroke

Mar 2, 2018
The face of the girl whose character name is "Andi".
You said previously that their were bathroom interactions with sis/mom in the morning, those are the locked scenes. Any hints on how to get it to trigger? I've checked the bathroom and both rooms every half hour during the morning for 2 weeks straight and nothing has occured.

Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
I see there is no option to change family relationships sadge. Also even after I changed my name the game sometimes refers to me as Player or John. The stepmom is even called "your Claire" every time as if it was meant to be "your mom".

Last edited:

JKuncl3

Jan 4, 2018
Not much too see or do. A hint system or guidance until there is more content would probably be a good idea. At the very least give us a sense of how much content there is and how to access it, otherwise we are looking at fairly uniteresting stock pictures along with fairly bland canned text.

Reactions: Angelcrush

Lynxss

Sep 22, 2023
Not much too see or do. A hint system or guidance until there is more content would probably be a good idea. At the very least give us a sense of how much content there is and how to access it, otherwise we are looking at fairly uniteresting stock pictures along with fairly bland canned text.
Hey there, after the blackfestival introduction you should unlock 2 apps in the phone including the walkthrough app which should guide you. At the moment there is no much content because we first had to introduce the characters next update will bring way more.

You said previously that their were bathroom interactions with sis/mom in the morning, those are the locked scenes. Any hints on how to get it to trigger? I've checked the bathroom and both rooms every half hour during the morning for 2 weeks straight and nothing has occured.
Good catch, there was a small issue with it, attached an hotfix and updated the online version it should now work

Kuroke

Mar 2, 2018
Hey there, after the blackfestival introduction you should unlock 2 apps in the phone including the walkthrough app which should guide you. At the moment there is no much content because we first had to introduce the characters next update will bring way more.

Good catch, there was a small issue with it, attached an hotfix and updated the online version it should now work
One last difference I noticed between v001 and v001b. In v001 when your step mom drops you off at school you arrive at the page that allows you to choose where to go with the hallway highlighted. If you choose that, it brings up the option to talk to Elena and at the bottom of the first page of dialog you have 1 of 3 options to choose how to respond. Then there are another 2 pages of dialog, the last being the subquest part to talk to Emma. In the new v001b after step mom drops you off and you click Time To Head To Class, it automatically skips to the last page of Elena's dialog. I don't know if that was intended.

Lynxss

Sep 22, 2023
One last difference I noticed between v001 and v001b. In v001 when your step mom drops you off at school you arrive at the page that allows you to choose where to go with the hallway highlighted. If you choose that, it brings up the option to talk to Elena and at the bottom of the first page of dialog you have 1 of 3 options to choose how to respond. Then there are another 2 pages of dialog, the last being the subquest part to talk to Emma. In the new v001b after step mom drops you off and you click Time To Head To Class, it automatically skips to the last page of Elena's dialog. I don't know if that was intended.
Yes, we got quite a lot of reports from people that would complain that since they didn't talk to Elena on the first day they wouldn't get whole "first day sequence". We decided to go that route even if it means the game being a bit less sandboxish on the first few minutes.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
It wasn't my decision, there was a public consensus that the censoring was a bit too much. To comply with that we asked the content creator that was currently in the game and the future ones we are going to include if there would be a possibility to include their content uncensored and we reached an agreement.

We also received multiple complaints about our interface being too similar to become someone, which we updated. In addition we fixed a few bugs.
None of that has anything to do with you deleting the thread instead of updating it.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
I feel like the intro is skipping a page.... talkin to emma then all of a sudden some other girl elena is there and you are mid conversation with her

RPJames

Jul 21, 2017
Just a curious question, but does this game actually work for anyone? I have no MC Avatar, I talk to like 3 people and then that is it, I sleep, wake up go to school attend class and back home and sleep, I see no one. I talk to no one. I know this game is a copy, but come on.

theyellowjello

May 8, 2018
You mean to tell me you didn't just copy and paste then entire game of Become Someone and only change the characters and story?

Also you said you changed some interface to differentiate yourself but the house menu basically looks the same and the phone ui is literally the same.

Not to discredit the work you did do, but you sure discredited the work you didn't do.

GrowUp on the left. BecomeSomeone on the right.
(7 screenshots might have been excessive but w/e)

Edit: I admit I was overzealous when making comparisons and did not give the benefit of doubt when I was making this post. I'll remove the screenshots but not the post. I went about this the wrong way and that doesn't excuse me for being an asshole.

Last edited:

Milkyff

Jan 17, 2022
You mean to tell me you didn't just copy and paste then entire game of Become Someone and only change the characters and story?

Also you said you changed some interface to differentiate yourself but the house menu basically looks the same and the phone ui is literally the same.

Not to discredit the work you did do, but you sure discredited the work you didn't do.

I thought the game looked very similar, it all makes sense now. I wish we could report this game for definitely stealing assets of another game. Like holy its actually copy and paste

Vln_

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2018

I thought the game looked very similar, it all makes sense now. I wish we could report this game for definitely stealing assets of another game. Like holy its actually copy and paste
I want to personally respond to this as we are the most concerned. We exchanged with the dev about it and requested him to change some elements. He did so. We don't own the assets and have no rights on them. We ourselves used elements from other games. We don't really mind what was done here.

He promised to further change that in future updates, when we started we were being torn apart by bad reviews and people trying to take us down here. Give this guy a chance before judging him too harshly.

I want to add it's probably because you're not a developper, but there is far more differences than just the story and characters otherwise we would have contacted the mod teams ourselves.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 2 Votes