RPGM - Abandoned - Groom [v0.1.1] [Boraginol Suppo]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Cyndris

The hype is real, i've loved his previous game a lot and i've got good hopes for this one!

While i'm writing this on version 0.1 and not much has been released yet, i can say that the atmosphere in his games are really good. Would recommand it a lot if you enjoy shota :)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Anon Nimus

Amazing to see an RPGM game that isnt a top-down view, so I definitely love this. Not to mention the fact that the MILF is ultra fucking hot!!! Liking everything I see so far, keep up the amazing work.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

jaweyihoco

the best I've seen on this site in 3 years (in terms of graphics, ideas, the appearance of characters, the use of a non-standard look for the RPG engine - the plot and everyday actions need to be refined). I hope that the developer will not abandon the game and continue in the same spirit. The question to the developer is how to support you financially without using Subscribe star?
    Sorry for my English
  4. 3.00 star(s)

**TheNebula**

It absolutely baffel me that some players think that the game mechanics and rpgm element of this game is great .
    Its the most boring and basic i have seen n a long time and that is what let this whole game down which is a real shame .
    Dev should trow that out and better make a vn .
    you switch between 3 rooms doing not even a hand full of actions and thats it . feels just repetitive and empty .
    Because of that theres also the fact that you miss out on potential great content for example -
    you hear women talking downstairs but cant do a thing .
    you go downstairs to eat and its a black screen .
    The art work is amazing , the characters are amazing , the animations are good .
    This could have been very very good but the rpgm element and mechanics drags it completely down which is a shame .
    Gave stars for the art work and animations .
    hope the dev does a serious turn around on this one because loads of people might check out if it doesnt including me .
    good luck with your project .
  5. 5.00 star(s)

brata

Simply wow
    Graphics 5/5
    Plot 5/5
    Girls 6/5
    Amazing work
    Animated , fluent , only 3 rooms but feels like you are moving inside an entire house.
    The grind is a bit annoying but it is acceptable given the hot milf around the house. The only thing that IF anything makes this a 4.99 instead of a 5 is that the milf *spoilers ahead* seems to be throwing herself on the hero without any specific reason (like jealousy or lust or anything else)
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Android_999

The renders are awesome, but this game needs a serious story to be entertaining.
    The gameplay and corrupting process looks as boring as possible.
    A better solution would have been to let the game play as a milf who tries to tease and corrupt her son and daughter, because all the main triggers come from the mother's side.
    But overall the game looks fresh. It's not another incest game where the little brat buys sleeping pills and slips them in the tea.

Obviously the developer will be revamping the gameplay (and more than once) so the review falls on version 0.1.1.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

jack.mehoff92

Great gameplay elements and mechanics. and what a ridiculously hot mom!!!!

Even the repetitive parts didnt feel very repetitive because of the great gameplay and the art.

The only bad part about this game right now is that it has to end.

Good luck Dev, will be closely watching this thread.

Please, please, please do not give up on this project. We need many more games like these.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

Groom 0.1.1

This game deserves a billion stars when it comes to how hot the mom is, her sexy poses, how erotic she is, the spelling and grammar, the writing, the renders in general, and the mom and son models used.

But everything else sucks.

The game is so damn repetitive. The first thing that I worked on was getting my Study up to 200. That only took me two days. And even though it was just me studying, studying, studying, waiting for mom to enter my room so I could interact with her, and then having dinner, and sleeping... those two days were okay plus getting my Study up to 200 unlocked the ability to sleep in bed with her and do something naughty. So that was good. But after that, there was nothing to do. I kept studying and my Study is 600 out of 200 now, so obviously I don't need to Study anymore. But I only do it to pass the time because there is nothing else to do.

I'm guessing that I need to get her Favor up now, but there are a lot of problems with the Favor system. There is no way to see how many Favor points you have collected with her or how many you need to get to the next sex event. One way to get your Favor up with her is to sleep her bed and do something naughty, but you can only do that if your Lust is high enough. The only way to get your Lust high enough is to watch her shower. But she only showers once every two days. So you have to go through 48 hours of the same BS over and over until you can get that one Favor point by sleeping together with her. You can also get Favor by hugging her once a day. But I've gone through so many freaking days, and nothing else has unlocked yet. And I have no idea how many Favor points I have accumulated and how many more I need.

The most Energy that you can have in one day is 100, but if you decide to take a shower you use up 20 Energy whereas studying only uses 10 Energy. That doesn't make sense. In fact, in my gameplay, I found it better to never ever take a shower because it only reduces 5 Lust, uses up 20 Energy, and wastes an hour. But really, since when does taking showers use up Energy? If anything, it should give you Energy. But I guess I can overlook this.

If you are in your room, you can choose to go to Mom's Room or the Bathroom. But if you are in the Mom's Room or the Bathroom, you can only go straight to the MC's room. It might have made more sense to have you be able to exit Mom's Room and go to either the Bathroom or MC's room, or leave the Bathroom and have the option to go to Mom's Room or MC's room. There aren't any other rooms in the house. No Kitchen, Living Room, etc., so that was disappointing. The Mom comes home at 17:00, but you won't even see her in the house until 19:00. Sometimes you hear two women talking downstairs, but there is no way to find them, hang out with them, talk to them, or eavesdrop on them. My friend looked at the images in the game folder, and there is a sister that you can see leaving the house and other pictures of you with sister and mom. But in the game, I never once saw the sister. I'd like to get to those scenes, but the game is nothing but grindy repetition. It's a cheat game. It's basically some nice renders locked behind repeating the same tasks 3,000 times. It's cheating because that isn't game content. That's forcing a player to sit there and jog in place for all eternity doing the same clicks over and over to get anywhere.

There is nothing to do in the house. I found a picture in Mom's room. But now her dresser is empty, and the only other thing I can interact with in the house is my desk to Study and the shower. But my Study is 600 out of 200, and I don't like taking showers because it uses up 20 Energy.

Dinner is boring. It gets your Energy up and your Lust down, but there are no renders of a hot mom you are eating with, no foreplay or other sex poses, no conversation, nothing.

The game is laggy. If my mom is standing there cleaning and I walk up to her and press Enter to hug her, it sometimes takes 1-2 minutes to get from one dialogue screen to the next. The game also crashed on me once. And it crashed on my friend too which cost him dearly because he unlocked the first sex scene but hadn't saved the game yet.

I wish that this was just a Renpy kinetic VN where I can just see the events one right after another and forget all this Sandbox, repeat the same crap infinitely stuff. Then I could appreciate the renders, hot mom, sex poses and scenes etc. I tried looking at the images in the game folder, but it was like four pictures per image file and I had to zoom in 10000% to see anything. So that was forcing me to play the game, but how can I force myself to play the game when it's that boring when I'm just doing the same thing over and over and mom doesn't even take a shower except once every two days? There needs to be an easier way to get Favor up that is less boring and repetitive, and the game should show you how much Favor you have and how much Favor you should try to be getting.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Tastycakes19

Very good start. Hopefully the dev stays with it ! I like the mom is obsessed with the son instead of the other way around. The model for the mom is a masterpiece. I love the models are actively animated while playing instead of still statues.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

LemonCake2137

What can I say? A loooot of potential.
    The UI is simple yet elegant. Really like the font that was chosen for the title. The milf is simply gorgeus. The gameplay needs a bit of polish to break the grind. Animations are simple but there is a room for growth. Hope this doesn't get abandoned or banned. I wish the dev a great success!
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Möller

So far it's a really good game with a lot of potential. I'll definitely keep an eye on it and see what's next. I find the small fine animations really solid. And the cliffhanger makes you want more. I hope the work will continue.