Tool Grammar Coach - A useful tool for aspiring creators.

Nov 11, 2017

It's a new grammar-checking tool developed by the dictionary.com / thesaurus.com organization.
It requires making a free account to use, but it works extremely well.
(You could also use something like Grammarly, but I prefer the layout and ease-of-use of this one more.)

Based on a lot of the new projects I've tried lately- pleeeease use something like this.
Nothing worse than coming across a game with an interesting concept, only for it to be bogged down by bad writing.
The same goes for beautiful renders:
No matter how beautiful a game looks, if I can't comprehend what's going on, or if it sounds like a 15 year old wrote it, I'm dropping it.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I tried it on a few random texts from my game. Happened to catch a few errors that grammarly didn't, so that's good. Downside is that you can only paste 3 pages with the free version, no idea how much paid users can check.

Reactions: Risky.Klick.Kurisu
Nov 11, 2017
I tried it on a few random texts from my game. Happened to catch a few errors that grammarly didn't, so that's good. Downside is that you can only paste 3 pages with the free version, no idea how much paid users can check.
Ah, interesting! I have no idea in regards to the benefits of the paid subscription, as I haven't look that deep into it.

Personally, I've been keeping a tab with it open and using it real-time as I write, copy pasting every time I finish a page or so (and then clearing the text field).

Reactions: Alcahest