• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Golden Palace Error

Guidman64

Nov 23, 2018
I used the asset Golden Palace for g3 from here but when I try to load it I get an error message.

The following files could not be found:
data/meipex/goldenpalace/goldenpalace_genitalia/uv sets/meipex/base/default.dsf

Anyone else having this problem and if so how did you correct it? Is the asset file corrupt?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
If you know the folder and have the asset, simply copy again the file that is not found.

faibolx

Oct 18, 2019
Hi

I have the same problem, I've downloaded an even manually copied folder by folder, but after I got that problem I check the path in the downloaded folder and there's no default.dsf , only Golden palace and Victoria 7.

The files that I've downloaded are Golden-Palace-for-G3F_G8FUpdate and Golden Palace UVs For Genesis 3 Female, I'm wondering if those are the correct.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I think you need the Golden Palace version for G8F, even if you use it for a G3F character... the update uses the textures of the G8F version.

Reactions: faibolx

faibolx

Oct 18, 2019
I think you need the Golden Palace version for G8F, even if you use it for a G3F character... the update uses the textures of the G8F version.
I tried that, reinstalled again everything from Golden Palace and nothing.

The only choice I have is to use New Genitalia for Victoria 7 but when rendering I see some silver textures in labia and ass

SnubbLR

Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I figured it out. I had copies the whole ZIP folder into my DAZ 3d Library.. However, there is a "content" folder thats not supposed to be there. I went into it, Cut out the runtime etc and placed it back into the library. Then deleted the content folder. Works like a charm now! Hope that helps

Reactions: faibolx

faibolx

Oct 18, 2019
I figured it out. I had copies the whole ZIP folder into my DAZ 3d Library.. However, there is a "content" folder thats not supposed to be there. I went into it, Cut out the runtime etc and placed it back into the library. Then deleted the content folder. Works like a charm now! Hope that helps
After many times trying, deleting folders and installing all the versions for G3 and G8 and updates, finally I made it work too. Thanks a lot for the good advice

anwar

Mar 4, 2018
Tried everything doesn't seems to work. Is there any other asset we can use instead of golden palace?

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
After clawing my way through the internet and even purchasing a copy of Golden palace G3 from renderotica(just to make sure its not a bug associated with DL from this site.) I've managed to discover the issue through my purchase and hanging around the renderotica chat forum. It turns out there where some transfer problems from the store itself, some people probably received this message when attempting to use their golden palace G3 on certain figures.
This is ultimately because golden palace G3 is missing its default dsf.
Seeming to know this your base file for golden palace G3 will most likely also have a Victoria 7 in there as well.
As proof for those who possess golden palace G8 ( I purchased my copy but I mean you're on this site so there's no reason you shouldn't also have a copy right? ;) ) can go to their
data\Meipex\GoldenPalace\GoldenPalace_Genitalia_v2\UV Sets\Meipex\Base
Where they'll find a little box that says "default". This is golden palace G8 default.dsf
Wow that was a mouth full now here comes my problem...
There should be a way to create a or copy a "default" for golden palace G3 so the error message doesn't pop up as I've seen plenty of people discuss and use goldon palace G3 normally, however my amateur Daz studio brain isn't quite savy enough to completely comprehend all the details required.
So what i'm trying to say is "I'M STUCK SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!" :cry:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
...some people probably received this message when attempting to use their golden palace G3 on certain figures.
This is ultimately because golden palace G3 is missing its default dsf.
Here's the file, copy it to the right folder.

I hope it helps.

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
cg-11[1].png
Here's the file, copy it to the right folder.

I hope it helps
It didn't work :cry:
But thank you so much for responding so quickly I'll keep at it and won't give up! ヾ(*´Д`*)

Reactions: Antottt

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
But... do you get the same error? :unsure:

The file comes from the folder you specified, if you copy it there, Daz can't say it can' find it.
Indeed I even tried removing the Veronica 7 file so that it mirrored my Golden Palace G8 folder but the results seem to be the same. My Golden Palace G8 works fine with out errors but my Golden Palace G3 still continues to give me the
error. Along with the grey blocks in the crotch area. There's gotta be something I'm missing. :unsure:

Last edited:

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
So did some more research by purchasing content check up then sending my zip file through and this is what came up.

Unused texturemaps:

File: Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_GoldenPalace/GoldenPalace_Color.jpg

File: Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_GoldenPalace/GoldenPalace_Displacement.jpg

File: Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_GoldenPalace/GoldenPalace_NormalMap.jpg

File: Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_GoldenPalace/GoldenPalace_Specularity.jpg

File: Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_GoldenPalace/GoldenPalace_Translucency.jpg

File: Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_GoldenPalace/GoldenPalace_Trasparency1.jpg

File: Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_GoldenPalace/GoldenPalace_Trasparency2.jpg

File: Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_GoldenPalace/GoldenPalace_Trasparency3.jpg

File: Runtime/Textures/Meipex/M_GoldenPalace/GoldenPalace_WetMap.jpg
Just wondering if anyone else is having similar problems?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
So did some more research by purchasing content check up then sending my zip file through and this is what came up.

Unused texturemaps:

these textures aren't used because the UV map they are for, is missing. If the object isn't there, it can't use textures^^

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
Tiredx said:

Unused texturemaps:

these textures aren't used because the UV map they are for, is missing. If the object isn't there, it can't use textures^^
I think your right and this seems to coincide with the
I keep getting and i'm pretty sure this is what's keeping my Golden palace for G3 from working properly.
How do I fix this?
I've got Golden palace for my G8 models and really like how it looks when applied to those but I personally still prefer to work with G3 models and would love to be able to apply Golden palaces details on those as well.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. (◕︿◕✿)

Last edited:

Tiredx

Mar 6, 2019
Okay I think I may have found the problem...maybe...well if it works i'll post it on here.
Big thanks to everyone who helped me out you guys rock. ( ̄^ ̄)ゞ

Dumitas

Game Developer
Nov 22, 2019
The problem happens when you have installed V2 with G3F. The best solution is to COPY the folder GoldenPalace_Genitalia_v2 inside \data\Meipex\GoldenPalace and then rename it to GoldenPalace_Genitalia
Remember to copy it and not just rename, in order to G8F to work properly. And remember to have both installed in the same Daz Content Root folder if you happen to have more than one.

Last edited: