• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I played the tutorial plus about 1 more floor. I think the game has an interesting concept, but it currently starts out very slowly. For the entire time I was playing I basically felt like I was letting the characters just wander randomly, and it took too much time before anything interesting happened.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I'm still running on Windows 7, but I don't know if it's related since this is the first GDOT game to give me issues. While the trigger does seem to be clicking to progress text and it is inconsistent when it will trigger. I can at least say with it does crash every time without fail.

There is no way I have found to work around or prevent this. As soon as a dialogue scene starts it's like a crash timer starts. I can click and progress further in the scene, but if I don't, it still will crash. It will just be earlier in the scene.

unwantedsands

Feb 28, 2019
I was experiencing the crash. I changed my resolution and set the game to fullscreen as a troubleshooting method. The crashes stopped, but I believe the resolution is actually unrelated; I set the resolution back to default and even removed the overrides config file it generated but I can not reproduce the crash at all. Running Windows 10. I was hoping I could get the game crashing again to help pinpoint the issue but no such luck. If anyone can confirm going to fullscreen prevents the crash from happening that'd at least be a start.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I was experiencing the crash. I changed my resolution and set the game to fullscreen as a troubleshooting method. The crashes stopped, but I believe the resolution is actually unrelated; I set the resolution back to default and even removed the overrides config file it generated but I can not reproduce the crash at all. Running Windows 10. I was hoping I could get the game crashing again to help pinpoint the issue but no such luck. If anyone can confirm going to fullscreen prevents the crash from happening that'd at least be a start.
It's probably unrelated. I ran in window and I ran in fullscreen. Crashed either way.

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
Does the MC actually have sex with the girls? or does he just watch as monsters rape them in the dungeon?
This is clearly the biggest question, and the description is completely silent on it.

Also. what kind of mind control is there? are the girls mind controlled by monsters or are they mind controlled by the MC?
In the current version the answer to both (sex and mind control) is 'monsters only' because, for gameplay reasons, the dungeon has had a lot more development than the camp. In the future the answer to both (sex and mind control) will be both (main character and monsters). The plan for the next update is to work primarily on camp interactions with the knights, which is when the main character would be able to do those kinds of things.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
In the current version the answer to both (sex and mind control) is 'monsters only' because, for gameplay reasons, the dungeon has had a lot more development than the camp. In the future the answer to both (sex and mind control) will be both (main character and monsters). The plan for the next update is to work primarily on camp interactions with the knights, which is when the main character would be able to do those kinds of things.
is the monster sex going to be avoidable or mandatory?

sora2020kairi

Apr 10, 2020
It's all Windows here. I only built a Linux version because it was only a couple extra clicks. (A mac version not as much, though I should be able to figure that out in principle at some point)
I think I may have figured out the cause of the crash: impatience. I have a bad habit of spam clicking through text as I only really skim read it. I got the game to play for quite a while this last attempt and I was going easy on it trying to see if I could catch any small details that could point towards the cause of the crash but it didnt crash. I even made it through the tutorial. on the first level down though it came to mind that it could have been my spam clicking that was crashing it and sure enough I spam clicked through a couple of events and it crashed right away.

malvic

Sep 8, 2017
is the monster sex going to be avoidable or mandatory?
I don't know if pure avoidance is intended to be possible, as it is now it seems to be part of the gameplay, like an occupational hazard of girl fighting monster, the brainfuck monster gets a mental hit in after she dodges a couple of times and the girl's lust goes up.

Spitefire46

Oct 24, 2021
I think I may have figured out the cause of the crash: impatience. I have a bad habit of spam clicking through text as I only really skim read it. I got the game to play for quite a while this last attempt and I was going easy on it trying to see if I could catch any small details that could point towards the cause of the crash but it didnt crash. I even made it through the tutorial. on the first level down though it came to mind that it could have been my spam clicking that was crashing it and sure enough I spam clicked through a couple of events and it crashed right away.

I have double checked this, and spam clicking has caused a crash consistently.

unwantedsands

Feb 28, 2019
The crash is definitely inconsistent; I've experienced it a couple more times, it seems as though it happens most often (if not all the time, though I can't confirm this) when clicking while the text is still appearing, that is to say the state before the text block has fully printed. I figured I'd try setting the text speed to instant, but even then there seems to be a brief period of time where the text acts as though it's still generating and will occasionally crash if you click at that time. I can't get it to happen very often, in fact I haven't gotten it to trigger at all using a macro based auto clicker. I also do not know if the crash happens when mashing space or not.

unwantedsands

Feb 28, 2019
Just a quick bug report, the text for the "Sprayed by flower pollen" event seems broken for me; It flashes the dialogue box for a split second (of which it shows the Pangram text) before instantly closing the dialogue box.

EDIT: Yeah, actually, it's not specifically "Sprayed by flower pollen" as I've found out. Sometimes that one works and another one doesn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Yeah, this is just the engine itself running its startup. The issue does seem to be something related to dialogue scripts, but it being inconsistent (in that both nobody has reported it in the same place and the people who have reported it don't even get it 100% of the time) is making it difficult. I'm definitely going to continue to try to look into it but it's tough when everything is working fine on my end even in the full release, non-debug version.
Thats why people invented logging.
Ship next build with logging everything (called functions, game state, etc.) to a save file and on next "it crashed" message ask for a save file. Probaby something somewhere become nullptr.

Apr 1, 2021
This looks like a fun game and I'm not having any issues with it.
I did want to ask about the 'Debug' in the title. Are there actually debug options or is that just a part of the Alpha build?
I'd love to be able to experiment with some different builds for the knights without feeling the pressure to pick the correct stats and skills.

TJ412

Sep 24, 2018
I really like the overall concept, and great job putting it together - the game design seems very cohesive and tight. Ironically enough, I feel it has too much depth. But you seem to have a clear and solid idea for this, and even if that level of complexity isn't quite for me, it does come together nicely.

There's a lot of information and variables that the player needs to track, recall and account for, and it's inherently difficult to communicate all of it to them.

Other than progression, it's mostly based on chance whether you get to see a given scene associated with a given enemy or trap.

I couldn't figure out how to view anything about the battles that are happening, except the events and the character cards; it was explained, I think, but not clear or obvious enough. I'm not sure if this is something you have to do research for.

I also didn't pick up on what the point was for having a time-of-day system, what role is played by the passage of time in the gameplay and story.

One thing I'm kinda worried about is the potential snowballing effect on permanent corruption from stat maluses, curses and such.
If there are different steps and combinations of events needed to see certain scenes, I can imagine that being really frustrating.

Here's what I recommend:
- Add an option to automatically view events as they happen. Maybe with a toggle for only previously unseen scenes
- Start floors with events list and character sheets expanded
- Give the player more information about what's happening in battles - character cards could have a glowing border or something to indicate they're in combat, and a different color for dealing with a trap.
- Add a convenient way to order more than one girl to the same destination - maybe a follow command would work
- Enable zooming out further, cause with all menus expanded, there's little screenspace for the map.
- Add some kind of warning and notification to indicate when a character's exhaustion, injury etc are at moderate/severe/critical levels - think of the bottom bar as a "dashboard" and these are your warning lights.
- Enable the player to toggle auto-take-turn by RMB on the take turn button.
- Use color-coding and tooltips to indicate what stats (injury, exhaustion, lust etc) are affected by what - it's not clear what I'd need to do to recover lust, for example.
- Make the text box return to the top when clicking through to the next line of dialog. Consider reducing font size, expanding default window size, and/or splitting the dialog so no scrolling is necessary.

And a request - I really like H-games with capture systems - where if one party member is defeated, they're dragged off elsewhere and have to be rescued.

4.50 star(s) 24 Votes