Unreal Engine - Completed - Gloomy Village [Final] [Sancta Maledicta]

1. 3.00 star(s)

GameEnjoyer69

It is just okay.

The best aspect is probably the indoor design. Sex scenes are short and limited to only Female on Female. The game doesn't take itself too seriously (which is welcome), and the dev placed lots of easter eggs and funny scenes all over the place.

:HideThePain:
  2. 5.00 star(s)

uncutqt

i dont understand all hate game gets
    all complaining is just nothing,i didn't see or get any kind errors,bugs or other problems.all widgets working correctly!
    really love to check unreal engine games and watch how they are made and you done amazing job on optimizing and perfomance.
    only 1 thing i dont liked,its a huge dark zone on begining,where i could not see anything,just add some kinda light on tomb entrance and everything will be fine
    game is short 1-2 hour MAX,complex and finished game.great work done.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

DKOC

Why 1 star?

1. No tutorial at all. Just dropped in and without any story.

2. I hit F for flashlight, nothing happened. Turns out I have to select the flashlight with number 2 key, then hit F, but didn't know this immediately so fumbled in pitch dark places for a couple minutes before finding my way.

3. I hit 3 for the gun. There is no ammo counter or any real UI elements. I'm not even sure the darn thing is loaded. Thankfully nothing challenged me.

4. I hit I for inventory. Nothing happens.

5. It is too damn dark. And the flashlight actually makes things worse, rather than better.

6. No direction or indications you are going in the right direction.

7. Didn't find anything to loot and no survival metrics (ie food, water, health) I could see.

If this one gets any improvements, I'll update the review, but for now, Hard Pass.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

zombiezombie

i liked the perfomce and everything else is there something more content ?
    because i want dfntl more of that mybe with enemies which interact with protagonist ? its pretty nice also the graphics and movement design good job
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Detective Cancer

Let's go through the checklist shall we?

>Unreal Engine ✔
    People seem to hop on UE like it'll make their ass dev skills any better because they have premade games they think they can swap out assets for and become rich.

>90% bought assets ✔
    This one isn't necessarily bad. They exist for a reason, either as placeholders or permanent assets to service a game. I've seen good games with a majority of the objects, locations, and assets being store-bought. This one isn't one of them.

>Runs like ass despite being low res ✔
    This is just a common UE problem with amateur devs. They just ship out whatever the fuck and expect people to run it flawlessly. Having a potato PC is on you but games like this, like Silicon Lust, like Lust Wish, they're just badly put together.

>Non-functional or barely-functional systems ✔
    Saves barely work, dying respawns key items but not zombies, movement feels awful, etc. Again, typical.

>Extremely dark for no reason ✔
    Why? There's no gamma sliders anywhere, it's un-fucking-believably dark and depending on your monitor that might be outright pitch darkness. This wasn't tested, this wasn't run by anyone other than the dev's setup and it shows.

Yep. Off to the shovelware pile. Its only saving grace is that it's short but given the low quality it's not even worth the $5 on Steam, hell I want a refund even if it was pirated. Awful experience.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Kittenzoe

Ah yes, the 'survival horror' genre. Where everything is deliberately (or not) obtuse, unintuitive, and impossibly dark!

You're a treasure hunter, but you bring along that plastic flashlight that's been sitting on the shelf leaking battery acid for 10 years. Ah well, 5 lumens is plenty when surviving the onslaught of the undead is involved!

Unfortunately very much the typical half-baked 3D game experience, where you spend more time dealing with clunky controls and unintuitive elements than actually playing the game.