Unity Glassix 2 [v0.11.0] [Gaweb Studio]

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
I think he was inspired by that one. Lab rats 2 isn't even a game.
Lab Rats 2 is a fully fleshed out company management game. It would be reasonable to complain that LR2 has too little story or that too much of the character model quality was sacrificed in the name of customization and random character generation. But suggesting LR2 isn't a game (particularly if you are comparing it to LR1 which was a glorified slide show compared to LR2) is absurd.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
omg it looks terrible, the first part was brilliant both in gameplay and visually and it looks like shit... I don't know what engine this game was made on, but looking at the other ones on this page you can make such beautiful renders that it's mind blowing and instead we get this...
Uhm. Unity can do stuff Ren'Poo or the old Glassix runtime couldn't ever even dream of. Everythiung they can do, Unity can do 10 times faster and better, and it can do 3D. You're saying that a static image is better than a fully customizable 3D character?

Please come back for a discussion when you have screwed your head on right.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
OK, that's some interesting feedbacks here, so let me try to answer your queries.

I loved the first glassix game but was a pity the lack of pregnancy content
Can we know if the pregnancy will be a relevant part of this game
Also, this public release means the developing are near to end??
Glassix 2 is only in version 0.4.1, that's like an alpha build not at all polished and fleshed out. So no, it's not the end at all, it's barely the beginning. Glassix 2 being full 3D and not renders, pregnancy will be fully playable yes.

This looks rougher than anything
Obviously since this is only v0.4. The lighting is actually fucked up indoors but I still couldn't figure out the proper values to fix that. Unfortunately, there's a lot going on behind the hood so I couldn't spare that much time to fix that yet. But will definitely improve it.

how to make nude character in character editor?
Currently, you can't toggle clothes in editor. Will add this feature in future version of course.

Loved the first game, but judging from the models, kinda worried if this took the Lab Rats 2 route...
Models are Daz3D genesis 3 which might be a bit outdated but are still super high poly. The problem doesn't come from the models but from the lighting which I couldn't make work correctly yet since Unity HDRP simulates real life lighting and there are dozens of parameters to understand and use which I couldn't figure out yet since I'm already swamped with the game code. But it'll come around hopefully.

Is there a way to make the text on the editor bigger? I'm not a bad reader by any means, but holy moly, the letters are so small I can't even understand what's written in some, probably you used an huge screen resolution when making the game.

Also, on the editor, the max days for each month is 28. RIP to those who were born after 28th of each month.

Anyway, good luck on the project.
Currently can't make it bigger but will definitely make it bigger thanks to your feedback. And for the birthdays, yep, rip 29+ :D But that's similar to february 29, just adjust the days then ;)

Needs bigger text, any chance of a build for OSX ?
Bigger text it will be. Unity allows export to OSX but didn't try it yet. Will do in next version to test it out then.

When editing the body profile, and swaping to biography, it should save... Also no idea how to select as sibling, only spouse and mother avaiable?

Also for some reason it doesn't allow to select any profile when trying to start the game. I don't recall the last time I've had so many issues for just trying to play a game, sorry for being blunt.
Body and biography are two different interfaces so it doesn't save when you change it. You just need to save and load the respective cards when you switch interface.

Siblings are calculated automatically by the game when cards have the same parent. I forgot how I handled half siblings though. Maybe they'll appear too.

Wow this make me sad , I was fan of the original but ill chock this sequel as up as the developer clinging on to an idea more to feed their own delusion then because it at all relevant.
Which idea do you think I'm clinging on? What delusion do I have?

omg it looks terrible, the first part was brilliant both in gameplay and visually and it looks like shit... I don't know what engine this game was made on, but looking at the other ones on this page you can make such beautiful renders that it's mind blowing and instead we get this...
You are highly confused here. Glassix 2 is real 3D, not 3DCG renders. Preview sucks a bit though because I couldn't fix the lighting yet which gives a bad result but it is a complex thing to implement properly so it'll take more version to get it right. But if you expect 3DCG renders quality in a 3D game, you can skip this game, it's simply not possible, in any game at all.

Or, more likely, someone got their hands on the latest version and leaked it. Judging on the pictures only, the game seems to still be fairly unpolished, so it's probably still well into development.
I'm the developer of Glassix 2 and this is the public version of the latest available version. I'm fully aware it is unpolished, I released it because I still wanted feedback. So far I got: "Ugly" and "Text to tiny" which will be fixed asap, though the lighting part can be super tricky to balance properly. But I'll get there. This is only v0.4. Glassix is 0.78, which is a few years of work. Glassix 2 is like a baby version at the moment... Obviously it's unpolished.

The author, Daedolon, is the one that posted it apparently so can only assume its intentional. This is likely attempt at not taking assets from Illusion and doing it themselves. Does seem like possible Lab Rats 2 scenario but given the quality of Glassix, I will give them my goodwill though maybe not money yet. Like most games posted here, its probably good for most users to wait 6 months or a year and check back then. When I have time I might dig in to see if its better under the hood than impression it currently gives from just the images and donate accordingly.
Yes, it'll take several versions to get proper content and features to the game. But I still wanted to feedback as well as promote the game a bit. People comparing this to Lab Rats 2 are a bit mislead since Glassix 2 is full 3D while Lab Rats are 3DCG renders which is completely different. Morever, Glassix 2 will go full simulation path with the ability to live you life as you see fit, work as an employee or own business and hire employees, become the mayor and control the city policies and much more. Current version is like an early alpha of the game and just there to advertise a bit and get some feedback on what's already done.

Fluffy Neko

Jan 27, 2022
Well, I would rather see illusion art than this weird as fuck pseudo-realistic character design, though at least some characters look better than in your average AAA western game. but seeing that it goes the Rab Rats 2 development route, I don't have any hopes for this game. Most of the people who were interested in the first game won't be very interested in the second because its design targets a completely different niche of players.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Well, I would rather see illusion art than this weird as fuck pseudo-realistic character design, though at least some characters look better than in your average AAA western game. but seeing that it goes the Rab Rats 2 development route, I don't have any hopes for this game. Most of the people who were interested in the first game won't be very interested in the second because its design targets a completely different niche of players.
Well if you judge a game solely by its graphic and Daz3D characters design don't attract you, than yes, I'm afraid Glassix 2 is not for you. Glassix 1 and Glassix 2 main goal was/is to create the best simulation game.

Players who were in it for the simulation aspect will find what they want in Glassix 2. People who just wanted Illusion renders won't. I'm fine with that.

So I have to disagree with your statement "its design targets a completely different niche of players". I'm pretty sure lots of players played Glassix for the simulation aspect, not its character design. Also, the current lighting is a bit fucked up but it should get better in the future. Just takes time.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
OK, that's some interesting feedbacks here, so let me try to answer your queries.

Glassix 2 is only in version 0.4.1, that's like an alpha build not at all polished and fleshed out. So no, it's not the end at all, it's barely the beginning. Glassix 2 being full 3D and not renders, pregnancy will be fully playable yes.

Obviously since this is only v0.4. The lighting is actually fucked up indoors but I still couldn't figure out the proper values to fix that. Unfortunately, there's a lot going on behind the hood so I couldn't spare that much time to fix that yet. But will definitely improve it.

Currently, you can't toggle clothes in editor. Will add this feature in future version of course.

Models are Daz3D genesis 3 which might be a bit outdated but are still super high poly. The problem doesn't come from the models but from the lighting which I couldn't make work correctly yet since Unity HDRP simulates real life lighting and there are dozens of parameters to understand and use which I couldn't figure out yet since I'm already swamped with the game code. But it'll come around hopefully.

Currently can't make it bigger but will definitely make it bigger thanks to your feedback. And for the birthdays, yep, rip 29+ :D But that's similar to february 29, just adjust the days then ;)

Bigger text it will be. Unity allows export to OSX but didn't try it yet. Will do in next version to test it out then.

Body and biography are two different interfaces so it doesn't save when you change it. You just need to save and load the respective cards when you switch interface.

Siblings are calculated automatically by the game when cards have the same parent. I forgot how I handled half siblings though. Maybe they'll appear too.

Which idea do you think I'm clinging on? What delusion do I have?

You are highly confused here. Glassix 2 is real 3D, not 3DCG renders. Preview sucks a bit though because I couldn't fix the lighting yet which gives a bad result but it is a complex thing to implement properly so it'll take more version to get it right. But if you expect 3DCG renders quality in a 3D game, you can skip this game, it's simply not possible, in any game at all.

I'm the developer of Glassix 2 and this is the public version of the latest available version. I'm fully aware it is unpolished, I released it because I still wanted feedback. So far I got: "Ugly" and "Text to tiny" which will be fixed asap, though the lighting part can be super tricky to balance properly. But I'll get there. This is only v0.4. Glassix is 0.78, which is a few years of work. Glassix 2 is like a baby version at the moment... Obviously it's unpolished.

Yes, it'll take several versions to get proper content and features to the game. But I still wanted to feedback as well as promote the game a bit. People comparing this to Lab Rats 2 are a bit mislead since Glassix 2 is full 3D while Lab Rats are 3DCG renders which is completely different. Morever, Glassix 2 will go full simulation path with the ability to live you life as you see fit, work as an employee or own business and hire employees, become the mayor and control the city policies and much more. Current version is like an early alpha of the game and just there to advertise a bit and get some feedback on what's already done.
Thanks for the answer. I recommend you to do a small tutorial though, or a guide in the game menu, or wiki. Sorry again if I sounded blunt above, but just wanted to be sincere and usually don't have issues when exploring games with editors. I had fun with Glassix 1, hence the feedback.

Blankrex

Jun 4, 2020
Looks ok for now hope it gets better later on in future updates, appreciate all the love and efforts you have been putting up into the game. Will keep an eye out for future updates and thanks for the share dev ^^

NickNo

Modder
Jan 19, 2020
Well lets try to be constructive right. I tried the prototype. (From Mega-Link above, GoFiles is dead btw.)

Right after Launching the game I get two unity errors in main menu:
1680931773855.png

I have to get the game into window Mode and manually adjust the window size to 16x9 as in any other aspect ratio the dialogues will be cut off. (It should automatically force a 16:9 res, if its only compatible with them, right?)

Eg. ultra wide: (Tier 4 completely cut off)
1680931862854.png

Entering the "Play Mode" gives me this, after skill selection:
1680932325335.png

When I enter the character editor, I am somewhat blinded:
1680932070590.png
(High Graphics setting, AMD GPU)

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
I'm surprise that you're not using DAZ 3D Genesis 8/8.1 or the newest, Genesis 9 or less you're going to use them in a future version of the game or they're just too much which has the most attractive and detail models in my opinion while I'm totally fine with Genesis 3 Models even if they're a bit outdated. I don't see your game Glassix 2 anything like Lab Rats 2 like others comparing both games. Lol. I honestly don't know which Genesis models that Lab Rats 2 uses. Well I'm looking forward for all the things you will add in Glassix 2. I actually prefer DAZ 3D, either it's Genesis 3 or Genesis 8 over Illusion while I've most part enjoyed Glassix 1 with Illusion's Honey Select models which are okay. Well I'm usually one of those who is for both graphics and the simulation aspects with most games.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaboney

den_of_evil

Jul 15, 2017
Fellow game dev here. Here are some points that came first in to my mind, when I saw your game.

- Game mechanics and setup in your game look pretty interesting.
- When sharing something with public graphics are the most important part. If you need to show something that is not ready graphically, use basic shapes and stuff that people can clearly see to be wip. Otherwise you will get nothing but whining about graphics.
- As you have mentioned you need to figure out lighting in 3D. I would suggest to start with 3 points lighting. Basic principals are pretty much same as in photography or movie making.
- Aside from lighting you also should check how materials are made. Materials are all the textures together on one object and sometimes you will have lots of them for one object to simulate all kind of things.
- Making 3D games alone is pretty hard. I hope you have a team or some people who can help you with your game.

Anyways, good luck with the game. :)

Last edited:

jaboney

Jun 9, 2019
really liked your first game (replayed it countless times). I would love to see this one get as much love as the first one! From both the developmer and user side <3

I also do not like the model style :/ the meshes look like mannequins. I never really liked them like in games like Lab Rats 2 or in Vinfamy's game. I hope it will continue to improve in the future. If you keep the same story style, mind control/corruption aspects, i am sure I will enjoy this game also (after the visuals are developed and matured)

Edit 2: I see this game is aiming more like Lifeplay, vinfamy's game. Please make the ui less confusing than his/hers :ROFLMAO: I am not a game dev, but I am a software engineer as of this coming Summer. Progress will shut many of these people up. I will personally be reading every future changelog and the occasional patreon post. Please continue grinding <3 <3 <3

Last edited:

Kiyokun90

Jun 2, 2017
and push this soul into the lives of various random citizens.

So we possesso lot of people and when we finish with One wevwill never see the girls wdvficked before?

Vanir16

Aug 22, 2016
View attachment 2530103
(High Graphics setting, AMD GPU)
[/QUOTE]

AMD GPU there is your problem. Jokes aside basically nothing is actually optimized for AMD so apart from mainstream games AMD is severly kneecapped :/ .