Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
But having a more complex game with all the variables means more and bigger problems when something goes wrong. it can be pulled off not saying it can't be but you won't have anything interesting or playable maybe until 0.9 or 0.10 in my opinion but BB on the other hand you had something by 0.4 and I know the argument will be but Glamour is far more complex than BB but Glamour is no where near interesting as BB was and the 800 patreons that left would probably tell you that as well
Opinion about something being interesting is always subjective. BB might be more interesting for more people but it doesn't mean it's better in any way except for popularity. Glamour is ofc much more complex than BB and it will require more time to shine properly. Moreover I'm not sure how updates will look like as sandbox games have their content spread everywhere. But Glamour has some huge adventages over BB - you can develop it infinitely and it's definitely something DS enjoy (we all know BB didn't match his vision). Game like Girl Life is being developed for more years than all games on patreon and gameplaywise it's much more complex than any VN we have while it still has a shitton of content. But it requires a lot of time I hope DS will have.
Its not an assumption if DS loses over 900 Patreons and Dots is gaining a similar amount in a short amount of time. I simply dont believe in such coincidences that they have nothing to do with each other.
Dots didn't gain much after Melody and there is no such correlation at this point. Dots lost almost 1k patrons after suspension and he's growing steadily right now. He gained like 150 patrons this month. DS lost less than 900 and his numbers are on a stable level right now.

Deleted member 12408

Apr 3, 2017
More complex doesn't mean he won't be able to create it.
Don’t forget that BB was supposed to be a more complex game too, with different ways to get what you want and choice-based. Look at that game now... Read his old messages about BB features... Meh! Can’t believe people still buying his promises.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Don’t forget that BB was supposed to be a more complex game too, with different ways to get what you want and choice-based. Look at that game now... Read his old messages about BB features... Meh! Can’t believe people still buying his promises.
His promises cost me nothing as I'm not his patron at this point. We can expect complexity since Glamour has been complex before and this version is already showing complex structure in comparison to BB. BB could've been a complex game with choices so I can only hope he's learned from his past game. Russian simulator are quite unique. There is no point in being emotional over any game. I have high hopes for this one so I cheer for it. I see no reason to diss it at this point for the sole reason of its developer. If it's gonna fail I'll move on. If not I might even pledge as I find such idea really interesting. It might have a great competition in Bright Past but we'll see.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Basic components (server-side).
Basic NPC behavior logic (server-side).
Creating a client for the game (There was a whole bunch of stuff in here, but let's condense it into one point since it's already done anyway). Making sure our client-server architecture actually works :)
What's going to happen once players realizes that you have to be connected to his server to play the game.
Maybe the game can be cracked but NPC behavior is server-side and not in the game, plus who knows what else is server-side.

Reactions: Darkaura

Deleted member 12408

Apr 3, 2017
What's going to happen once players realizes that you have to be connected to his server to play the game.
Maybe the game can be cracked but NPC behavior is server-side and not in the game, plus who knows what else is server-side.
Like mmo game where all dialogues as html are server-side also as NPC’s AI, item’s stats, player’s stats and so on. In that case he doesn’t need any patreon support) All he needs to do now is create registration site and add pay to play system. Then add some extra clothes in wardrobe for additional $ and implement something like item mall. Glamour.co.kr

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
Thanks for putting out this roadmap! It reads like a lot of work while exploring new avenues in style and techniques. I must admit that I always admire you guys for trying something different, something against all odds! Though it's got to be a big business in the meanwhile. Lots of competitors were spring up like mushrooms and some of them were able to push the quality of adult games and novels up to a new level. Yes, I loved what you did in the past! Dialogues felt so fucking alive in BB but now? I don't know how to describe them better than as cold as ice! I do miss any facial expression. I don't want to read a booklet with some static background pictures. I want to get sucked into your story.
FYI, I'm not part of the development team. I just post his Patreon updates here.

Reactions: Tirael

tjormas

Aug 26, 2016
Basic components (server-side).

Basic NPC behavior logic (server-side).
This is just - ???? - ...

"NPC behavior"...it's a game, which is based on loading images (and stats, which are given or taken clicking by clicking dialoge boxes)...there is no "behavior". Even to you want you implement somethings like behavior, in the end, it's just loading an image when certain stat or situation is given (with a random or fixed percentange). Why do you need an interaction with a server for that?

Don't know if this is an poor attempt to sound important and more "game-developerish", or...Beats me.

I sometimes doubt DS experience in Game Development...sounds more like a lie to attract more patreons.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Like mmo game where all dialogues as html are server-side also as NPC’s AI, item’s stats, player’s stats and so on. In that case he doesn’t need any patreon support) All he needs to do now is create registration site and add pay to play system. Then add some extra clothes in wardrobe for additional $ and implement something like item mall. Glamour.co.kr
If that comes i piss myself laughing and get popcorn for the shitstorm to come xD

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
This is just - ???? - ...

"NPC behavior"...it's a game, which is based on loading images (and stats, which are given or taken clicking by clicking dialoge boxes)...there is no "behavior". Even to you want you implement somethings like behavior, in the end, it's just loading an image when certain stat or situation is given (with a random or fixed percentange). Why do you need an interaction with a server for that?

Don't know if this is an poor attempt to sound important and more "game-developerish", or...Beats me.

I sometimes doubt DS experience in Game Development...sounds more like a lie to attract more patreons.
I think it was meant that you only get the images to download and the dialouges are server sided that way you could not use the game to add your own dialouges and text and so on.
Thats quite easy to do but i dont see the point in making it that way at all.

However the idea is just hillarious. Imagine him making such a system and then charging ppl to register for an account xDDD

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
The game is interesting as a premise.
Until DS stops with his always online (anybody else remembering the SimCity reboot?) cobblers, I'll be giving this a miss.
Why so many whiny turds whining about the FemProtag in this game? It's just plain ridiculous...

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Well if he loses another 500 that means he lost half his patreons in general that would not only be a disaster it would mean ppl like Mr. Dots
Who the hell is this Mr.Dots that you keep mentioning? Not everyone knows him. I would dare say most don't know of him.

djax

May 5, 2017
glad darksilver make new game and new different role, i hope it's not disappointed. and i hope somebody can crack the game so i dont need to connect internet to play it

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Who the hell is this Mr.Dots that you keep mentioning? Not everyone knows him. I would dare say most don't know of him.
Mr. Dots who is making Dating my Daughter and also making the game called Melody.

Melody:
DMD:

Reactions: troll822

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Mr. Dots who is making Dating my Daughter and also making the game called Melody.
Oh... the developer of DMD. Yeap, that guy is supposed to be a badass. Haven't tried DMD since the model seems a tad too young but I have heard mostly good things about him.

2.60 star(s) 183 Votes