• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
DS could have earnt so much more in the last year if he'd gone the "right" way from the start and skipped the whole thing with server side. The obsession with preventing piracy probably didn't pay off very well...

That and the female protagonist thing.

mbRjpZLD

Apr 28, 2017
DS could have earnt so much more in the last year if he'd gone the "right" way from the start and skipped the whole thing with server side. The obsession with preventing piracy probably didn't pay off very well...

That and the female protagonist thing.
There were a lot of people who said they refuse to support his patreon for the sole reason of the game being server side. I am curious to see how many of them will now actually start pledging. I suspect not too many, most of them were just upset they couldn't pirate the game for free (which they'll do now). That's all fair and fine, with this being a pirate site, but I've always had the feeling the server side thing was more of a fake outrage.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
There were a lot of people who said they refuse to support his patreon for the sole reason of the game being server side. I am curious to see how many of them will now actually start pledging. I suspect not too many, most of them were just upset they couldn't pirate the game for free (which they'll do now). That's all fair and fine, with this being a pirate site, but I've always had the feeling the server side thing was more of a fake outrage.
He did drop from over 3000 to about 1700 supporters though. And have stayed there. Other popular developers who also had to switch up things at the same time (Patreon's incest beatdown) did not suffer the same way.

I can't speak for other people, but I was a supporter and canceled it over the new game being 1. server side and 2. female protagonist, both deal breakers for me.

Reactions: elmandor

Gok

Jun 9, 2017
He did drop from over 3000 to about 1700 supporters though. And have stayed there. Other popular developers who also had to switch up things at the same time (Patreon's incest beatdown) did not suffer the same way.

I can't speak for other people, but I was a supporter and canceled it over the new game being 1. server side and 2. female protagonist, both deal breakers for me.
Most supporters were there for Big Brother game. It doesn't matter to them if new game featured male or female MC(well for most of them at least). Other developers that had to change things up thanks to incestcalypse(inventing words is fun) didn't drop entire game setting, they just switched from "mom" to "landlady" or smth like that. Imo DS dropped BB because he was either bored with it or out of ideas where to go next, so he used patreon suspension as an excuse.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
Most supporters were there for Big Brother game. It doesn't matter to them if new game featured male or female MC(well for most of them at least). Other developers that had to change things up thanks to incestcalypse(inventing words is fun) didn't drop entire game setting, they just switched from "mom" to "landlady" or smth like that. Imo DS dropped BB because he was either bored with it or out of ideas where to go next, so he used patreon suspension as an excuse.
I agree with you. It felt like he dropped BB because he wanted to do Glamour instead. I would still have stayed if I had felt the new game had potential since he's a good developer with very good visuals. Makes sense to me to keep supporting a developer if you liked the old game (which you did since you supported it...) and like the concept of the new.

Is it a fact that most people don't care if a game features a male or female MC?

IlMato

Oct 7, 2017
I think the offline Version is the right step and if it works i will support him next Year.

But in my opinion it were much more effective to use the BB MC as playable male MC and not some new guy. He had even some of the BB events implement in Glamour (with minor changes so it will fit in the new Game). maybe some of the BB fans had been silenced that way

mattsvv

Apr 27, 2017
sorry guys i started the game which seems freaking promising but ahem I'm STUCK at julia's first speech with her sister. I've got just 2 buttons on right bottom and f@cking nothing is happening. Hints? A sacrifice to the elder gods?
Same problem

Jazzgeoff

Sep 15, 2017
I wasn't a big fan of the female MC, but I stuck around (patreon) for a while to give it a chance. I stopped pledging because I find DS is really good at sucking the fun and the eroticism out of his game. The dialogs get really boring, the characters arn't much fun or interesting, girls all have the same body type, your grinding away weeks to see a few scenes. But the thing that really topped it all for me was his choice of dialog system, you have a sexy scene with really nice renders and then you spoil it by overlaying a wall of text, if you like emersion then that's a real buzzkill.

Of course I'm on this thread, so I'm still keeping my eye on the prrogress, but I don't see myself supporting in the future.

Reactions: kasata

DoctorBooooom

Sep 8, 2017
Dark Silver posted
Merry Christmas!

In the spirit of the holidays, we've decided to give you a small present. Offline version (0.9) is finally ready and is available for .
Offline version doesn't have any connection with our server and doesn't update automatically. When you play an offline version of the game, your progress is saved locally on your PC. Save files will be compatible with 0.10 and, hopefully, future offline versions of the game.
Online version isn't going anywhere and you can still use it and all its advantages: automatic updates, patches and fixes, cross platform play and cloud save files. And if you prefer an offline version so you never have to rely on our server, you have this option available too.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
I have trouble with the Buttons (Doing Homework, TV, City, Time Skip). I get no response from the buttons and end up in the wrong place, example doing homework I end up in front of the couch. Does anyone else have these problems?

Reactions: fujohn

Rival

May 3, 2017
Thank you very much, I've been waiting for the offline version for a long time. But a little money on the patreon threw Dark Silver.

2.60 star(s) 183 Votes