Unity Abandoned Glamour (2016) [v0.8 Fix 5] [Dark Silver]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017
I love the added skin texture to Julia's feet and knees. In BB, while the girls looked great, their skin was still very plastic like. And that's very rare on mature people like Ann who is more than likely in her late 30s or early 40s.

The wrinkles and veins around her feet make a great addition. Same with Kate, though it's less noticeable.

That's something I always liked about Dreams of Desire, was the detailed skin texture. I'm glad Glamour will have that as well.

Reactions: KaiserST

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
View attachment 68661

Compromise

Last couple of days we had an active discussion about a male protagonist(mp for short). We don't want to ignore the players who supported us from the beginning, but we also don't want to delay the game's development or try to fit a square mp in a round story. Thankfully, we are making a sandbox, so we can try to compromise. A lot of content in the game is going to be unisex and we can add mp for those parts.
Now, about the compromises:

First of all, the main story is still going to revolve around Kate.

Some of the game's jobs (being a maid, for example) and locations (beauty salons) are still going to be unavailable for mp.

We're obviously not going to spend our time designing a bunch of clothes for mp. I don't think anyone wants to see mp running around the house in nothing but his underwear. Not us, not players, and not even Julia :)

Mp won't have every seduction tool available for Kate. I'm sure you don't want to see mp “accidentally” drop his pen and bend over to pick it up so another character can look up his skirt. This is just a random example, btw, I'm not saying anything like this is or isn't going to be in the game.

So, you're probably wondering, is there anything good in mp playthrough besides, well, playing as mp? Yes, we're going to rework dates for mp. Fp (I'll let you figure this one out for yourselves) will also be able to date—and she'll even be able to choose between men and women—but the dating process is going to be different. Guys are usually the ones chasing gals, not the other way around (unless it's two girls, of course, then one of them will have no choice but chase another one). Mp won't have a story to untangle, but he'll still be able to go to college, seduce teachers and students, change college's rules and many other sandbox elements of the game.

To sum everything up: playing as Kate is going to be a story mode, and playing as mp is going to be side sandbox datesim mode.

We will try to add mp in one of the future versions of the game (0.2 or 0.3) and we'll add more functionality to it if players will like it.
Honestly I'm quite surprised by DS decision, I guess that he just wants to make the game for as many people as possible. Considering how many patreons he lost since his patreon page was blocked that is understandable.

However how this will affect the updates sizes and paths concernes me. BB upates weren't big but when there were thematic and had many repeatable scenes the problem was considerable reduced. Now that DS will have to work not only with various paths but also two characters makes me quite nervous about the future.

I just hope for the best, because updates that only add a little for many paths makes people unsatisfied and the whole game suffers from this.

JasonJemodah

Nov 10, 2017
View attachment 68661

Compromise

Last couple of days we had an active discussion about a male protagonist(mp for short). We don't want to ignore the players who supported us from the beginning, but we also don't want to delay the game's development or try to fit a square mp in a round story. Thankfully, we are making a sandbox, so we can try to compromise. A lot of content in the game is going to be unisex and we can add mp for those parts.

Some of the game's jobs (being a maid, for example) and locations (beauty salons) are still going to be unavailable for mp.

We're obviously not going to spend our time designing a bunch of clothes for mp. I don't think anyone wants to see mp running around the house in nothing but his underwear. Not us, not players, and not even Julia :)

Mp won't have every seduction tool available for Kate. I'm sure you don't want to see mp “accidentally” drop his pen and bend over to pick it up so another character can look up his skirt. This is just a random example, btw, I'm not saying anything like this is or isn't going to be in the game.

So, you're probably wondering, is there anything good in mp playthrough besides, well, playing as mp? Yes, we're going to rework dates for mp. Fp (I'll let you figure this one out for yourselves) will also be able to date—and she'll even be able to choose between men and women—but the dating process is going to be different. Guys are usually the ones chasing gals, not the other way around (unless it's two girls, of course, then one of them will have no choice but chase another one). Mp won't have a story to untangle, but he'll still be able to go to college, seduce teachers and students, change college's rules and many other sandbox elements of the game.

To sum everything up: playing as Kate is going to be a story mode, and playing as mp is going to be side sandbox datesim mode.

We will try to add mp in one of the future versions of the game (0.2 or 0.3) and we'll add more functionality to it if players will like it.
Not sure what to think about this decision. On the one hand, I understand he wants to satisfy more people, but on the other hand, I fear we'll have less content per update due to this. I'd prefer DS to just focus on a FMC, so we'll have more content per update and not various paths with less content in total.

Reactions: flanby and KaiserST

AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017
Honestly I'm quite surprised by DS decision, I guess that he just wants to make the game for as many people as possible. Considering how many patreons he lost since his patreon page was blocked that is understandable.

However how this will affect the updates sizes and paths concernes me. BB upates weren't big but when there were thematic and had many repeatable scenes the problem was considerable reduced. Now that DS will have to work not only with various paths but also two characters makes me quite nervous about the future.

I just hope for the best, because updates that only add a little for many paths makes people unsatisfied and the whole game suffers from this.
I've had this thought for a while now. I feel it would be better if Glamour were released as a finished product and use Patreon to give the patrons weekly/monthly perks such as character wallpapers, occasional scenes from the game, etc as they wait for Glamour to be finished.

There are some games suited to be released monthly and there are others that would be better suited finalized first. This feels like that kind of game, as open world as DS says it will be.

All this will lead to the same cycle BB suffered from. A world of underdeveloped or shafted characters for over 4 or 5 versions while the less popular routes are the ones developed. As a result, the patron receives virtually nothing for months as they wait for the route they wanted. That's where most of the Eric hate stemmed from, from a player's perspective. The inability to play because the route they didn't choose was the route that took priority that specific month. Same with an Alice individual update or a Lisa individual update. Kira didn't get an individual update since like v0.5 and her progression was only used as a catalyst for Lisa and Ann.

This would probably be better as a finished release with weekly/monthly perks to thank the patrons. Like how Mortze and Tlaero do things with their Patreon account.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I'm not sure if that's good or bad news. It's ofc great and something additional but Patreon system based on monthly releases is cancerous and such ambitious plans don't really fit it well. I'm rather optimistic about that but I won't be surprised if that will end up badly. Hope DS will make it decently

Andarilho

Apr 11, 2017
Yay! Now the game will have a mmc for...er...Reason$$$$.
Hope i'm wrong, but after some "Future Content" polls that DS tend to uses for feedback, the game will be like "Who is this Kate girl again??" x'D

Reactions: redknight00

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Yay! Now the game will have a mmc for...er...Reason$$$$.
Hope i'm wrong, but after some "Future Content" polls that DS tend to uses for feedback, the game will be like "Who is this Kate girl again??" x'D
Considering the popular adult games nowadays he will end up adding sisters, mother, aunt, daughter as well.

Reactions: Hadgar

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Holy shit, people really can't stop complaining.
It's to be expected a bit. Besides the flat out dropping of BB until an unspecified "later, maybe" this whole thing sounds like a band-aid fix that won't solve the underlying issue that people have with the FeMC. DS wants to make his fans happy, and he really wants to do this game, and hell more power to him, it's ambitious as fuck, and I hope that he can pull it off. I have doubts, because it's going to have a lot of moving parts, and BB's strengths whatever they were, were not in gameplay.

Here, I think it's another case of accommodating fans without understanding WHY those accommodations are being asked for. (Sorry to bring up BB here, but it's relevant) He mentioned the Eric scenario in the past and how giving in to fan demands hurt the game. That is all true, but he missed the nature of the problem. The problem with Eric was never his existence, it was that him being around cut off nearly all agency for the player and finding a way to deal with him was arcane at best. There was no feedback in game that gave you a good feel for how you were doing against him, and it was really hard to predict income. He also cut off access to Lisa, could steal Kira, and Alice was pretty much taken in by him too.

But instead of fixing the underlying issues, he cut the entire character, and BB had nowhere to go gameplay wise after that. The Lisa romance stuff or added side characters to BB were other times I think he very much misdiagnosed the problems his game had.

But back to Glamour.

The reason that some fans want at MaleMC is because they identify with the main character in a story based game, and as such, may not like the option of having dick tossed their way, or be limited to lesbian sex for the entirety of the game. Having a MMC option that has no story isn't going to fix that problem. It's pretty much saying that if you want to play as a man, you are going to have a sub-optimal experience. So if you want to play the real game, you have to be a FeMC.

So honestly, that being the case, I just don't see the point of an optional MMC at all. It's not just a sub optimal solution, not only will it necessarily take away from stuff that the alien elf sisters will do just due to limited development time. It also doesn't sound like a fulfilling experience unless the actual grind is the part of BB that made you hard. I could be wrong of course, we'll see when the game comes out.

But honestly the best way I think that DS could keep from hemorrhaging more patrons is announce a commitment to finding a way to continue BB, at least to finish off some of the shit. Not "if we can find a way sometime in the future", more like "we WILL find a way sometime in the future." Those are very different statements.

Reactions: Tirael

Tirael

Dec 18, 2017
View attachment 68661

Compromise

Now this project will divided on two: main storyline for Kate and unknown male protagonist. That will take twice much time and resources for developing, and that's really sucks. Why dont just finish one thing, and then make an addon for male charakter?

Tirael

Dec 18, 2017
It's to be expected a bit. Besides the flat out dropping of BB until an unspecified "later, maybe" this whole thing sounds like a band-aid fix that won't solve the underlying issue that people have with the FeMC. DS wants to make his fans happy, and he really wants to do this game, and hell more power to him, it's ambitious as fuck, and I hope that he can pull it off. I have doubts, because it's going to have a lot of moving parts, and BB's strengths whatever they were, were not in gameplay.

Here, I think it's another case of accommodating fans without understanding WHY those accommodations are being asked for. (Sorry to bring up BB here, but it's relevant) He mentioned the Eric scenario in the past and how giving in to fan demands hurt the game. That is all true, but he missed the nature of the problem. The problem with Eric was never his existence, it was that him being around cut off nearly all agency for the player and finding a way to deal with him was arcane at best. There was no feedback in game that gave you a good feel for how you were doing against him, and it was really hard to predict income. He also cut off access to Lisa, could steal Kira, and Alice was pretty much taken in by him too.

But instead of fixing the underlying issues, he cut the entire character, and BB had nowhere to go gameplay wise after that. The Lisa romance stuff or added side characters to BB were other times I think he very much misdiagnosed the problems his game had.

But back to Glamour.

The reason that some fans want at MaleMC is because they identify with the main character in a story based game, and as such, may not like the option of having dick tossed their way, or be limited to lesbian sex for the entirety of the game. Having a MMC option that has no story isn't going to fix that problem. It's pretty much saying that if you want to play as a man, you are going to have a sub-optimal experience. So if you want to play the real game, you have to be a FeMC.

So honestly, that being the case, I just don't see the point of an optional MMC at all. It's not just a sub optimal solution, not only will it necessarily take away from stuff that the alien elf sisters will do just due to limited development time. It also doesn't sound like a fulfilling experience unless the actual grind is the part of BB that made you hard. I could be wrong of course, we'll see when the game comes out.

But honestly the best way I think that DS could keep from hemorrhaging more patrons is announce a commitment to finding a way to continue BB, at least to finish off some of the shit. Not "if we can find a way sometime in the future", more like "we WILL find a way sometime in the future." Those are very different statements.
Absolutely agree with you. It would be better if DS finished the BB story, and only then announce the Glamour reincarnation. Everyone is still not chill after BB, so they want the story with male protagonist, and also not everybody redy to play for girl, and that's pity, it is not that bad as they think.

Burt Reynolds Mustache

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
Absolutely agree with you. It would be better if DS finished the BB story, and only then announce the Glamour reincarnation. Everyone is still not chill after BB, so they want the story with male protagonist, and also not everybody redy to play for girl, and that's pity, it is not that bad as they think.
Well, look to be fair to @DarkSilver it's not like Patreon gave him the option to keep BB going as it was. BB had to go or he would lose everything. Even if it were to continue, it will take time and by its very nature have to be on the back burner. That being said, I don't think it is too much to ask for a commitment to fans that the game will continue, or at least have one last release to tie up the biggest plot threads (*COUGH* Lisa *COUGH*) that were insufferably dragged out.

Glamour was always going to be his next project, worked on in the background as he finished BB over the next few months. He announced it as such. Now it's their main project out of necessity (which in some ways I am happy about, he clearly cares more about Glamour than BB you could see it in his posts announching in before the patreopocalypse.) that shouldn't mean the BB is left to languish.

I mean, Glamour was originally left unfinished while he went and did BB, and now the same thing has a very good chance of happeneing again, without said commitment, if or when he decides to to BB again is he going to restart it AGAIN and then deal with the boring ass opening months as everything gets back up to speed?

DS is a solid dude and in a bad situation that I do not in any way envy. But I do think that making the comittment to finish BB on the side as opposed to saying "one day... maybe..." would to more to patch things up with a fractured patreon base than adding a male MC who can't by his nature have anything to do with the main game.

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
OMb4A7cZ6cEA-UH5BNKGNJtoWMnBMHmDU1XhffX9KCq1mZgRJLQjXpZcSOfC5po5.jpg

Since the game's images are now layered, we can easily add many different clothes for the main character and NPCs. And lots of clothes require different categories to make changing between them more comfortable. The categories are: sleepwear, sportswear, home clothes, swimsuit, casual, evening, and special lingerie. The last category is going to be mostly used in sex-related events. Don't worry, you won't have to babysit main character, she's a big girl and is perfectly capable of changing her clothes by herself :) She's going to automatically change into swimsuit on the beach, into sportswear in the gym, etc. Some clothes requires wearing underwear, in some situations you'll get to decide whether you want to wear panties under the skirt. Of course, Kate might refuse to go commando if she's too shy, but you'll be able to affect that too.
The clothes are going to have several parameters, it's not just for looks. For example, non-sexual attraction (imagine you're so aesthetically pleasing you're improving mood of everyone around) sexual attraction (how hot you are), or friendship.

The only clothes you don't get to choose in your wardrobe is you college uniform. This includes your everyday uniform, cheerleader costume, and your school swimsuit. Instead, the college's uniform is approved by the committee. You can still choose not to wear panties in college, but we'll talk more about college's uniform another time.

The game keeps getting even more interesting to me. It really looks like a RPG inspired game.

Novacorps

Aug 30, 2017
View attachment 69316

Since the game's images are now layered, we can easily add many different clothes for the main character and NPCs. And lots of clothes require different categories to make changing between them more comfortable. The categories are: sleepwear, sportswear, home clothes, swimsuit, casual, evening, and special lingerie. The last category is going to be mostly used in sex-related events. Don't worry, you won't have to babysit main character, she's a big girl and is perfectly capable of changing her clothes by herself :) She's going to automatically change into swimsuit on the beach, into sportswear in the gym, etc. Some clothes requires wearing underwear, in some situations you'll get to decide whether you want to wear panties under the skirt. Of course, Kate might refuse to go commando if she's too shy, but you'll be able to affect that too.
The clothes are going to have several parameters, it's not just for looks. For example, non-sexual attraction (imagine you're so aesthetically pleasing you're improving mood of everyone around) sexual attraction (how hot you are), or friendship.

The only clothes you don't get to choose in your wardrobe is you college uniform. This includes your everyday uniform, cheerleader costume, and your school swimsuit. Instead, the college's uniform is approved by the committee. You can still choose not to wear panties in college, but we'll talk more about college's uniform another time.

The game keeps getting even more interesting to me. It really looks like a RPG inspired game.
Love the look of the wardrobe, super excited for this game. I also hope he doesn't try and shoehorn in an MMC, as most say, it'll dilute the updates, cause more updates with less content per route, and generally go the way Dual Family went where fans of either side tear it apart thirsting for content. I say he planned on an FMC game, he should make one, and for those who want an MMC game there's plenty out there to choose from.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Love the look of the wardrobe, super excited for this game. I also hope he doesn't try and shoehorn in an MMC, as most say, it'll dilute the updates, cause more updates with less content per route, and generally go the way Dual Family went where fans of either side tear it apart thirsting for content. I say he planned on an FMC game, he should make one, and for those who want an MMC game there's plenty out there to choose from.
Judging from his latest replies on the matter, it seems to me that any Male MC content will be a side-dish (akin to mini-games).
The story and most mechanics will be focused around the Female MC, and Male content will be ad-hoc dates and sexy times or something similar. So we should expect a slight overhead in renders needed but nothing drastic like locations/story replication.

That said, if DS manages to nail half of the enjoyment the original Glamour offered (maybe including the grind I weirdly enough liked), I'm gonna drool all over it.

Trybazybal

Nov 17, 2017
I know that everyone hyping about the game rework but, is there any chance someone to post walkthrough for v0.8 fix5 (I think the game are still preaty good)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote