RPGM - Completed - Gladiators of Elmia -Boy Swordsman VS Fighting Maidens- [v2.04] [Kamikura Style Association]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

The writer seemed to try his best at the start and end of the story, with no sense of what to do in between. While the game begins with a journey to the big city and ends with the drama of taking your prize at the tournament, the middle portion is just random side quests. The amount of level grinding and backtracking is too damn high!

This game has 20 unique endings. Obviously there is no overall plot leading in 20 different directions. Most of the endings are focused on you losing in battle and becoming obsessed with the girl who defeated you. It gets pretty sad, but thankfully there are multiple happy endings like getting a girlfriend and traveling the world together.

The game cycle is painfully generic. Fight monsters until you have enough experience points and items to grow stronger. That way you can fight more monsters and prepare for the next boss battle. Repeat this for six hours or so and the game is complete.

A lot of design choices in this game are strange. Your character can be immobilized by paralysis, freeze, or infatuation. All these random status ailments make the battles annoying. And while there are good design choices, like a fortune teller to guide you forward, they’re bogged down by the sluggish gameplay.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Medianoche

A great game with an unusual art style that makes it stand out, the battles are entertaining, it has several endings that make it enjoyable to play and unlock them all, the scenes are very good. I can't decide between who I like better ... the blue haired rival or the conceited blonde queen
  3. 2.00 star(s)

palolz21

The game is really good at first but after the first dungeon part it severely declines in quality, first part is 4 starts but after that its 1 star. You can also just cheat and look at the pictures in the files folder.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

n0pe

I like the oldschool Artstyle. Even with machine translation I enjoyed the game its not too big and not to little. the Story is nothing new but ok and good presented in the game.
    one of the things i would wished for the game is (but thats the problem of most machine translations) a decent translation sometimes its hard to interpred what they saying. but iam thankfull that i has at least machine translation.

i wished there were more games like this or i knew more games like this.