Seeking Girls Smoking in games

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Triple_

Jun 13, 2020
Well, the site is getting a smoking tag...soon.
View attachment 2797621
So we'll see how that works out.

As for games that may or may not need that tag, The Last Oasis Before Chastity is the most interesting one for this post. There's just one half-scene with a prostitute named Aria in the first release as far as actual content goes. However, MC does have a pack of smokes and a zippo in his bug-out bag. Most intriguingly, you meet a couple of women named Thelma and Louise (there are many pop culture references in this game.) Louise at one point tells MC that she and Thelma are going to the gas station to get cigarettes, but nothing thread relevant comes of that. However, Thelma's character profile actually has a section labeled "Cigarettes Smoked", which definitely piques my interest.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It Was Raining That Night has two brief scenes of a woman named Lexi smoking.

Finally, Back to Me has one very brief segment with a mystery woman smoking.
Did u already mention Tamas awakening? I never heard of it but saw this scene...

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
Did u already mention Tamas awakening? I never heard of it but saw this scene...
Yes, I did. Never hurts to have multiple opinions in the thread, though.

Three relevant games had updates in the last week or so. The short version for the first two, Helping the Hotties and MILFs of Sunville, is that they have new content that is completely in line with my previous reviews. (HtH, MILFs) The third is Deeper, which is apparently back from the dead, being remade, and currently smoke free. (Old Review)

The long version for the now completed Helping the Hotties is that the last scene in the game if you're on Eve's route is her sharing her smokes with the MC. Once again the visuals of Eve smoking are few and feature poor camera angles, but they are there. Overall, this game is wasted potential on the smoking front. True, it still did smoking better than most by actually sticking with it all the way through and giving it some narrative heft. But the lackluster smoking visuals hurt it a lot, and while "LI deliberately uses cigarettes to bond with MC" is a great hook, it isn't used often or well enough.

As for MILFs of Sunville, this update was a treat. I still wish Chloe and Becky had different models, but if this game can keep offering up content like this every few updates or so, I'll be happy. The first bit of good news is that Chloe seems like she's going to be featured more often in the near future, and she gets a new smoking scene. Said scene is just her smoking while talking to the MC, as her previous scenes, but that's better than her habit being cut. The real highlight though is Becky's scene. She invites MC over to her apartment and they share a couple of beers and a smoke. The scene isn't perfect, but it continues the pattern of Becky having very good smoking content. I'm starting to get really good vibes from this game, I hope I'm not disappointed in the future.

Finally, Deeper. As you can read in the post I linked above, I liked what was there when I reviewed it. Well, that's all gone now. The only glimmer of hope is that the remake isn't as far along as the version I reviewed, so if the remake continues, the smoking could be reintroduced. But I'm not holding my breath.

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
A nice surprise some distance into Occultus: Daughter of Darkness:
Nice find. Looks like the dev put some work into the posing.

In my previous post, I said I was getting good vibes from MILFs of Sunville. I'm getting even better vibes now, because Breeze of Passion, another game by the same devs, has this banner:
banner.png
As for what's actually in the game, there is one scene with the character above that has a fair amount of content, and one scene with a prostitute just holding. Still, it's early in this game, and between this and MoS, I definitely think a decision maker on the dev team has the fetish.

I checked back in with Big City's Pleasures and the Rebel Girls have gotten two new scenes. One is another smoking in the bathroom scene, the other is a fairly elaborate joint scene in a park at night.

Rightful Ownership has one smoking LI with two scenes. Nothing to write home about, and I don't think the smoking is there for kink purposes, but I still appreciate a game that shows its smokers smoking.

Finally, a frustrating game. The dev of The Arson Betrayal posted an update progress image with a character smoking a few months back. I waited until the free release of said update yesterday, the whole time eagerly curious as to what sort of smoking scene awaited me, and if there would be any others. Well, that character does not have a smoking scene in the update, and the only female "smoking" in the game is a different character putting a cig in her mouth before deciding not to light it. *sigh*

Esme_Creamdale

Sep 25, 2023
Despite having read through most of this thread I just played through Timestamps and am having trouble finding a next best game that caters to smoking fetish. Would be rad if someone knowledgeable (like Deedle) could culminate in a tiered list of some sort?

The reviews are awesome but sometimes this thread ends up being a lot to sift through and most of them seem not worth bothering with? Like at the end of the day most of them seem to have a little bit of smoking content and the creator seems not to be catering to the fetish? I also can't tell if there are games everyone knows about that I may be missing that are full of SF content.

I would put Timestamps in the S tier. Curious if there are any others? Or what's A tier?

Thanks and also so grateful for all the work that has gone into this thread so far!

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
Despite having read through most of this thread I just played through Timestamps and am having trouble finding a next best game that caters to smoking fetish. Would be rad if someone knowledgeable (like Deedle) could culminate in a tiered list of some sort?
Happy to, but as far as really smoking focused games, Loquete pretty much nailed it. Just going off the top of my head, and based off my own biases and opinions, so take with appropriate grains of salt. Also, I'm tiering by smoking, if I tiered by how good I thought the game was overall, this list would be different.

Also an honorable mention to Being a DIK, which has limited smoking content but is a great game. Actual cigarette content is limited to a few scenes, mostly with Quinn. But Dr. Pinkcake does not skimp on renders in those scenes. There is also a hookah scene and a few joint scenes.

Finally, definitely not on the tier list, is A House in the Rift. One rando girl holds a cigarette at the very beginning of the game. Later, there is a scene with an LI. It involves a magic makeup kit that causes the wearer to adopt a persona. (I think it's random? I dunno) Anyway, Cait puts on some magic makeup and starts acting like a character in a 1940's movie, including smoking a cigarette in a holder. Just a one off scene, but it is pretty well done for what it is. Exhales, drags, the works. Wouldn't count on follow-up though, once the effect of the makeup wears off, the smoke makes her puke.

kauno

Oct 10, 2018
Eva Kiss's game Our Red String finally has a smoking scene. Not much in terms of images but I liked the fact that when the other girl offers the protagonist a smoke, we have a choice to let her smoke or refuse. If the protagonist accepts the smoke, it is learnt that these girls used to smoke a lot earlier but the protagonist quit sometime in the past and this event is her starting again. They smoke a cigarette each before going back inside the club. The scene is followed by a small scene where the protagonist wants to smoke but can't because of being busy at work.

kauno

Oct 10, 2018
Shadows of Deception is a promising new game. Only in the first update and has the main character smoking multiple times. Some more characters smoke through the game. It isn't shows as a sexual kink but something that is calming and opens up the mind. Smoking, in some sense, is romanticized here. There are light philosophical musings involving smoking almost everytime the MC smokes. So I am hoping that future updates keep us happy.

As far as the scenes are concerned, usually there is no visible smoke and each smoking scene comes with one picture. Except for one in the lingerie. In this scene, there is visible smoke, multiple pictures and the MC encourages her ward to try it out.

Cerber1984

Oct 23, 2017
I was thinking about playing "Defending Lydia Collier". For those that have played is the game worth it to be played for the smoking content?

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
I was thinking about playing "Defending Lydia Collier". For those that have played is the game worth it to be played for the smoking content?
I haven't played for many updates, but it wasn't when I did play it. I think there were only two scenes with the police woman holding, and a couple of other mentions, that was it. I thought it was pretty good game aside from the lack of smoking though.

Zongor

Mar 27, 2018
Eva Kiss's game Our Red String finally has a smoking scene. Not much in terms of images but I liked the fact that when the other girl offers the protagonist a smoke, we have a choice to let her smoke or refuse. If the protagonist accepts the smoke, it is learnt that these girls used to smoke a lot earlier but the protagonist quit sometime in the past and this event is her starting again. They smoke a cigarette each before going back inside the club. The scene is followed by a small scene where the protagonist wants to smoke but can't because of being busy at work.

Dude, any clues on how to get this scene? Played the game again, and still didnt get it. :-(

kauno

Oct 10, 2018
Dude, any clues on how to get this scene? Played the game again, and still didnt get it. :-(
I don't remember what exactly I did in the past but this scene appears because Lena accepts a job tending bars in Jeremy's club where Ivy works as a pole dancer. At some point in my playthrough, I remember Jeremy or Ivy asking her about working in his club. It's possible that the question was posed as something she might be interested in doing. It's her first time here and Lena is testing whether she likes the job or not. You also need to be good friends with Ivy.

Reactions: Zongor

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
My Ex Future Family has a few extremely brief smoking scenes. Was expecting more given how often in shows up in promos. Overall, not worth it for the smoking.

Being a DIK episode 10 released, and it continues the trend of leaving me not know what to expect from this game in the future. Well, Quinn will definitely continue to be shown smoking in non-erotic contexts, beyond that, it could be nothing, it could be amazing (unlikely, but could.) I guess I'll start with ep. 10 specifically, then move on to more general thoughts on the game.

Episode 10 had a smattering of smoking content:
1: A small scene with Quinn smoking outside the DIK mansion. She offers Camila a smoke which is emphatically declined.
2: One render of Quinn smoking after you fuck her.
3: A brief segment of a montage has Quinn and Lily smoking. This is the first time we've seen Lily smoking tobacco.
4: Most significantly, a smoky kiss between Quinn and MC. Don't get too excited, it's a characterization scene, not an erotic one. It's also smoke from a joint and not a cigarette. But it's still non-vanilla smoking content.

Overall, nothing terribly exciting, but more than most games offer. I was a little disappointed we never saw Riona smoke, but finally seeing Lily with a cigarette kind of made up for it.

As for BaDIK overall, it depends on what you're looking for. I think it's a fantastic visual novel, so I consider any smoking content a bonus. But if you want frequent, consistent smoking content, you're not getting it here. This will never be Timestamps. But that doesn't mean there can't be a one off smoking lewd scene, or maybe a brief tobacco related story segment. The question is how likely is something like that to happen? And I have no clue what the answer is. Most games I either can tell they aren't going to have anything, or I get blue balled reading way to much into minor details. BaDIK just leaves me mystified. Let's look at what I thnk are the reasons BaDIK will or won't have meaningful smoking content (meaning content beyond basic portrayal and reference):

Okay, that ended up being more Point/Counterpoint than I orginally intended, I probably should have written it in that format, but I've spent too long on it already, I'm leaving it be.

Finally, another dev whom I can't even begin to predict, Ocean. He's gone back and forth several times about smoking in his games. Last time I discussed his work, he had cut Mila's smoking in Summer's Gone and swore up and down the MC would never smoke without player permission ever again. Well, he broke that promise and had Nami take the last drag off MC's cigarette. Nothing to get excited over by itself, but he has also released previews for both Summer's Gone and Where It All Began with female characters smoking. I once again stress, that's one existing scene which is not worth the play by itself, and some previews, some of which might actually be bonus content or something, it's been awhile. I mention it only because I was already on the topic of games that may or may not have content, and because the last impression I had when discussing Ocean was that he would never put smoking in his games, but that is apparently not correct.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes