• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Unreal Engine Abandoned Girls Next Door [Update 8] [Layman Bot]

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes

Woodalicca

Jun 13, 2022
A big letdown... Great potential, great renders, nice story and as many already said here, there was almost no difference between this engine and Renpy. I'm really sad. This game was in my Top 10. :(

Don't know what happened with you guys, but it's just too bad.

I am usually cold and unmoved/indifferent when most games here are abandoned. This one however will sting if it gets dropped.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
There are advantages and disadvantages of every gaming engine. Ren'Py doesn't really work for a game in WASD style, for instance, whereas UE is built to handle that. There are out-of-the-box features in Ren'Py that can be implemented in other engines (rollback, history, show/hide UI, etc.) fairly easily, depending on the engine.

One of the big advantages of Ren'Py is as you say: you can mod and adjust it fairly easily. However, I wouldn't say it's "silly" to dislike the idea of creating a story and having someone come along and completely change things. Suddenly your story no longer resembles what you wanted to tell. What seems "silly" to me is everybody and their dog feeling the need to reject what a creator has made and do their own take on it.

Small mods (like adding incest) generally are fine, but forcing something like a harem when it was never intended are excessive and almost never work well. The dialogues and events start feeling very forced and of poor quality. If you want a different story so badly, just create your own game. I wouldn't avoid using Ren'Py just because people tend to want to manipulate the hell out of what developers have made. However, TBH I do find the perspective a little offensive that an author's vision is practically worthless — what it effectively amounts to when you say it's "silly" to be worried about others changing their story.
Also not every game needs a mod in the first place, we can't act as if some people don't just use mods to be lazy, not read the dialogue and skip straight to the sex scenes.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-
Dec 6, 2017
Just finished playing and was really impressed by it, the characters and the story are interesting enough and I enjoyed the gameplay and how well the game run, but of course, as most good games, it seems to have been abandoned, and right at the moment where the story would really shake it up. Too bad really, hope the game can make a comeback, from what we could have seen from this first part the game had a lot of potential, the devs are really talented.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Discord News
I hadn't checked until just now, but apparently just over a month ago the dev said the following when asked:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Obviously that doesn't get the Abandoned prefix removed from this thread, but there might yet be some hope. Time will tell.

papadoko

Aug 1, 2017
Well such a shame that game abandoned. It was really good game.
It's not abandoned, the site puts the abandoned tag without confirmation with the actual creators. He has been posting messages on his Discord in reply to people asking about whether it was abandoned not.

"We were planning to "show when it is done" since we don't have any news that isn't spoilers. But we are getting too many requests from players. With your last request, I decided to show our dev process and some spoilers so players can glimpse the changes and where we are going with this. Sorry for this tedious wait. I will try to avoid major plot spoilers in this future logs, but some minor things are unavoidable at this point" - Layman Bot

The quoted message above was from 5 days ago, and he has been updating us since the beginning of 2024. The game was on-hold before January 2024 according to one of his replies.

Last edited:

Lordooo

Jun 10, 2018
It's not abandoned, the site puts the abandoned tag without confirmation with the actual creators. He has been posting messages on his Discord in reply to people asking about whether it was abandoned not.

"We were planning to "show when it is done" since we don't have any news that isn't spoilers. But we are getting too many requests from players. With your last request, I decided to show our dev process and some spoilers so players can glimpse the changes and where we are going with this. Sorry for this tedious wait. I will try to avoid major plot spoilers in this future logs, but some minor things are unavoidable at this point" - Layman Bot

The quoted message above was from 5 days ago, and he has been updating us since the beginning of 2024. The game was on-hold before January 2024 according to one of his replies.
I'm the guy the quoted messages was directed towards and after writing it in dc I got this message from the co-creator

So I would say it's 50/50 chance it's dead, which would be a real shame but it's very much possible

4.20 star(s) 19 Votes