VN Girls Next Door Demo

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

LaymanBot

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
2021-02-06 (14).jpg

Hey everybody. I would like to present you our visual novel: Girls Next Door

We do not want to spoil too much, since we are in an early stage of development and not read to see daylight.

The story involves a guy whose childhood friend has moved in with the guy's family. In the past, she always used to get him in trouble, and it seems like time has not changed her.

What we want to ask right now is for community feedback. We have packaged a small demo, about 10-15 minutes of gameplay, and we would be grateful if you guys spare some time to play it and share your thoughts with us.

PS: Please ignore minor English mistakes, it was written by a non-native speaker and we do not have a proofreader yet, since every text right now is subject to change.

Thank you!

25.jpg 11.jpg 18.jpg 22.jpg 05.jpg

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Ok, so here are some thoughts:

• The game only plays in full screen. I selected "windowed" in the settings, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
  • When selecting the relationship with the women, there are circles at the bottom of the screen. They're labeled "C" "S" "S" "M" and "A". I suspect I know what these are, but I'm not sure about "C". It also makes things a little confusing because without knowing the insinuated relationship beforehand, I can see it being easy to make very confusing relationships.
  • I really like the UI, it's clean and responsive. I think it's one of the nicer ones I've played.
  • haha love the music when you meet the "landlady".
  • The graph that shows your story progress could be a GREAT feature
  • Needs a "back" button
  • When you leave your "best friend's" room, Jessica refers to you as "Jack", no matter what you entered as your name.
  • If you choose to sneak into the room, the MC refers to Jessica as "little", but I don't believe that's how I labeled her.​
Overall, I think you have a really good framework.

Reactions: LaymanBot

LaymanBot

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Ok, so here are some thoughts:

• The game only plays in full screen. I selected "windowed" in the settings, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
  • When selecting the relationship with the women, there are circles at the bottom of the screen. They're labeled "C" "S" "S" "M" and "A". I suspect I know what these are, but I'm not sure about "C". It also makes things a little confusing because without knowing the insinuated relationship beforehand, I can see it being easy to make very confusing relationships.
  • I really like the UI, it's clean and responsive. I think it's one of the nicer ones I've played.
  • haha love the music when you meet the "landlady".
  • The graph that shows your story progress could be a GREAT feature
  • Needs a "back" button
  • When you leave your "best friend's" room, Jessica refers to you as "Jack", no matter what you entered as your name.
  • If you choose to sneak into the room, the MC refers to Jessica as "little", but I don't believe that's how I labeled her.​
Overall, I think you have a really good framework.
Hi gingersweetgirl, thanks a lot for your feedback. We are going to fix everything you have listed.

The back button exists, it was removed for the demo, because of a small bug.

PS: To be honest, we are very proud of the story graph :)

Reactions: gidderwibbit

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Hi gingersweetgirl, thanks a lot for your feedback. We are going to fix everything you have listed.

You should be, I don't think I've ever seen a game utilize a story graph.

One more thing though: The graph is introduced to the player very late in the demo, and I didn't actually have a chance to click on it before the demo ended. It could be introduced earlier maybe, but in the final game it may not make a difference.

LaymanBot

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
Yes, I've found this problem just a few minutes ago. The "thank-you screen" triggers even if you don't click to proceed, sorry about that.

The reason we've decided to show it in the third event, was because the first and second events are linear. That one is the first one where you can actually see it and understand the feature. And we use it in the last moment, so the player already unlocked the nodes.

LaymanBot

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2019
For anyone watching this thread, version 1 is now published here F95zone

You can also check own page for future updates ;)

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021

I'm playing a version .7 hotfix - there's still no border on windowed mode (would make it easier to minimize) and there's still no "back" button.

milidornaela

Nov 21, 2022
View attachment 1024033

Hey everybody. I would like to present you our visual novel: Girls Next Door

We do not want to spoil too much, since we are in an early stage of development and not read to see daylight.

The story involves a guy whose childhood friend has moved in with the guy's family. In the past, she always used to get him in trouble, and it seems like time has not changed her.

What we want to ask right now is for community feedback. We have packaged a small demo, about 10-15 minutes of gameplay, and we would be grateful if you guys spare some time to play it and share your thoughts with us.

PS: Please ignore minor English mistakes, it was written by a non-native speaker and we do not have a proofreader yet, since every text right now is subject to change.

Thank you!

View attachment 1024078 View attachment 1024079 View attachment 1024080 View attachment 1024081 View attachment 1024082
Link is dead

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
I think it's a good game overall the story seems very intriguing.
i will play it soon and leave a review in the theard

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote