3D-Daz Fan Art GILF challenge

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

GrayTShirt

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2019
Quick question. What is holding you guys back from making a game? Because this looks clean af. Fear of bad reviews? Lack of time? Computer goes BRRRRR? I'm curious.

(Chill GTS... I'm not talking about you champ.<3)
I would actually love to know this as well. At the very least, some kind of story. Grim is an amazing artist. I would love to see more.

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Quick question. What is holding you guys back from making a game? Because this looks clean af. Fear of bad reviews? Lack of time? Computer goes BRRRRR? I'm curious.

I would actually love to know this as well. At the very least, some kind of story. Grim is an amazing artist. I would love to see more.

Probably, like a lot of people on the 'Art Threads', it's the artwork that's important to them, not making a game, which often means simplifying the art style, which defeats the point. The satisfaction is in the art produced, not in making something, second rate by their standards, or would you like wait two or three years for a second rate story with great art, with another two to four years for the next part of a game.
Most people here are Artists, not game developers, so just enjoy the art for art's sake...

HoloSan

Mar 2, 2023
Probably, like a lot of people on the 'Art Threads', it's the artwork that's important to them, not making a game, which often means simplifying the art style, which defeats the point. The satisfaction is in the art produced, not in making something, second rate by their standards, or would you like wait two or three years for a second rate story with great art, with another two to four years for the next part of a game.
Most people here are Artists, not game developers, so just enjoy the art for art's sake...
That's a G reply right there. I respect that. A lot.
Hey, I'm not just gonna sit here and complain.
If I really wanted it bad enough then I would do it myself. :ROFLMAO:

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017

I work 12 hour shift 5 days a week, so lack of time and unlike most creators with no transparency I simply lack the commitment in making it.

• Love
Reactions: HoloSan

HoloSan

Mar 2, 2023
I work 12 hour shift 5 days a week, so lack of time and unlike most creators with no transparency I simply lack the commitment in making it.
Thanks for sharing! That makes a lot of sense. I couldn't imagine explaining to your loved ones, "So yeah, I quit my job to pursue online art creation... What? No, I can't show you it no more asking me questions." Haha

• Haha
Reactions: GrimCreeper3

Pogo58

May 16, 2021
I get that 100%. The Late Kevin Karstens, a fantastic artist in his own right had to work a job that exposed him to the first round of Covid-19 because art didn't pay the bills. He lamented to me before he died, that he envied the fact that my art, in my medium does allow me to not have to get outside employment. I too put in 12 hour days, for months on end, and give up my weekends for vending. (Just finished 3 days of KinkFest in Oregon.) I get the same sort of questions :Why don't you make This? Or This?
The answer: I make what I know will sell.
Art cannot be rushed, or pushed into shapes the artist doesn't want to do; constantly asking them why, or pushing for more ends up with that artist feeling unappreciated.
GrimCreeper3, you do great work. We appreciate it and just take your time creating, when and as you can. We'll be here to gasp in awe at your next piece.

• Love
Reactions: HoloSan
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes