Mod Giannan Trek (Odyssey of Gianna)

Kekkles

Dec 22, 2017
Anyone know where I'd be able to get a copy of 3.1? I found out about this mod recently but lack the right version for it
(This is my first post on this site btw)

1d51

May 14, 2022
Anyone know where I'd be able to get a copy of 3.1? I found out about this mod recently but lack the right version for it
(This is my first post on this site btw)
Welcome! It should work just fine with the current game version (3.5).

Kekkles

Dec 22, 2017
Welcome! It should work just fine with the current game version (3.5).
I kept having issues with it, but it turns out I'm just stupid and didn't understand how to use the mod loader properly lmao, got it working now tho!

Reactions: 1d51

SleepyJMan

Nov 2, 2022
I believe I followed the instructions correctly, but I just get "TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined" and then a series of files. How do I fix this?

1d51

May 14, 2022
Ah the post is outdated, I'll add a link to the mod's wiki page. You can find the new install instructions here:

SleepyJMan

Nov 2, 2022
Ah, thanks. Got a mod thing working, it shows up in the menu, but I'm not sure how to access the mod content as it says "on" but nothing's different.

1d51

May 14, 2022
There should be a spark on the wall once you start a new game, in the throne room. Talk with that. You won't be able to interact with it once you leave the throne room for the first time though, effectively locking you out of the mod.

Reactions: SleepyJMan

SleepyJMan

Nov 2, 2022
Okay, found it, it's hidden until I search the left wall, but the options are very limited with 4. Just stat modifier, mystery shop, random items, and random keys. I can't find the options for enemy takeover and party takeover, what I mostly came for. And I'm totally certain I have the most recent 0.2.6 version.

1d51

May 14, 2022
They should be there if the mod was installed correctly, just tested it myself. I suggest a clean install, and making sure to download the latest version of everything. Just to confirm, these images are how your game should look:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are a few more mods loaded in my case. Oh and make sure you're playing in Normal mode.

SleepyJMan

Nov 2, 2022
I don't know if I did something wrong or something went wrong with it being compressed or what. I see all the files in the mod, it's just not giving me the options in game.

1d51

May 14, 2022
Then I can only suggest making sure you've got everything right, cause I'm out of ideas:

1. Have you made a clean install of the game, version 3.5?
2. Have you downloaded the latest versions of both the mod loader and the mod?
3. Have you installed both of the above correctly (following the instructions)?
4. Are you playing in Normal difficulty?

If I had to guess, the last one is probably the issue.

SleepyJMan

Nov 2, 2022
Like, at this point, I feel like I should start from scratch with a fresh OoG download file and do it step by step. Cause at this point I’ve experimented so much, I’ve lost track of what I have and have not done and in what order. Especially with conflicting sources as to what I should be downloading. My game Ive been using works and has the easy mode cheat room. The other stuff can be separate.

Plus, every test I’ve had of the mod has been on normal difficulty.
I actually thought I downloaded the right loader, but when I followed the instructions carefully to the letter on a fresh download, it caused the same glitch of keeping the game from launching. But I can’t remember if it was before and after extracting the game and mod/loader so I’m not sure.

TL;DR It’s more than likely my mistake, I’ll fresh download and ask kindly for exact links to both the loader and the mod I should be using. Sorry to be a bother and a time waste.

1d51

May 14, 2022
No worries, happy to help!
Mod Loader:
Giannan Trek:

From what you've told me, it's either a corrupt instalation, or an incorrect mod version, so this should fix it. Either that, or you're not playing in Normal mode, an you're playing in Easy mode instead.

SleepyJMan

Nov 2, 2022
Finally got it working. Last question is how do I get the submit option to work? Will specific enemies telegraph they wanna take over? I know the hypnotist is one.

Reactions: 1d51

1d51

May 14, 2022
Nice! Hypnotist was never implemented actually, the only one right now is the Slave Trader.