VN Ren'Py Getting Intimate [Development Thread] - RELEASES IN FEBRUARY 1ST

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
dtbanner.png

Welcome to the Getting Intimate development thread!

This thread is intended to share with you all of the development of our first adult VN. I'm excited, yet nervous, to introduce you to our several months of work.

Links: -

Chapter 1 Tags: 3dcg, animated, big ass, big tits, handjob, male protagonist, masturbation, oral sex, point &click, romance, teasing, titfuck, humor, milf, groping, dating sim

Potential future Tags: exhibitionism, vaginal sex, voyeurism, anal sex, cheating (MC won't be cheated on), harem, creampie, female domination, footjob, group sex, humiliation, interracial, prostitution, virgin, stripping, sex toys, spanking, graphic violence, etc.

The Idea:
Getting Intimate was born as a simple idea between two friends in August 2022, but it wasn't until several months later that we got serious about development. Little by little, new characters and plots emerged until we reached the project we are trying to bring to fruition today.

The Story:
Let's be honest; the premise may not seem the most original, but I can assure you it is the one that makes it easier for us to tell the story we want to tell you:

"After suffering a traumatic event, you accept the invitation of a close person to turn your previous life around. You bring some memories with yourself, including those of an important promise. In this new place, you will meet different people with whom you will live different experiences."
Plot: MC makes efforts to get into college and fulfill the promise he made many years ago. However, in the same year as the entrance exam, a sudden and tragic event leads him down a different path. Five years later, having lost everything, he receives the opportunity to rebuild his life in his hometown thanks to the invitation of a close acquaintance. In this familiar yet new place, he will meet different people who will have an impact on his life while more than one secret awaits to be revealed.

Gameplay: In Getting Intimate, decisions matter. A lot. This means that not only do they have consequences; they also shape the MC's personality and preference (to a certain extent). For example: if MC agrees to have risky outdoor sex, not only will it happen, but he will see it as normal. You can decide whether or not to participate in any proposed sexual activity, you can accept all of them (probably with consequences), or you can be faithful to the girl you like the most. Not all relationships will be the same, some will be more sexual and others more romantic.

Our Thoughts:
We like to think that the "soul" of Getting Intimate lies purely in its characters and their interactions. We want to represent with detail and fidelity the emotions the characters feel, the things they like, the things they hate. Love, anger, sadness and, of course, lust. I assure you that you will feel the passion in each of the characters of our game.
Without further ado, we present them to you:

Characters:
melindaidle.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

valerieidle.png

daphneidle.png

stellaidle.png

sayuriidle.png

cassieidle.png

bethidle.png

Some previews:

prev1.png prev2.png prev3.png

Last but not least:
We want to offer the best of both worlds: on the one hand, realistic and complex characters that interact with each other, creating an interesting plot, and on the other hand, a wide variety of animated erotic scenes that satisfy the player's desires.

(However, for plot reasons, vaginal sex will be postponed until chapter 2. There will be more and more scenes as the characters bond.)

If you have made it this far, thank you very much! We will update the thread on a regular basis. We will probably add some links in the next few updates. Hope you like what you see :)

Last edited:

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
Hello! This weekend has been especially productive.

percentage1.jpg

Although this percentage is probably no longer true as we are progressing faster than ever with development.

My main concern are the animations, which I plan to leave for the end of the version.

I will update the thread soon with more previews, for now, I will leave the Discord server (unfinished) for whoever wants to join!

kittykatto

Oct 2, 2023
Wow, I haven't played many games but these characters look beautiful.
Unfortunately, the story is not very clear to me?

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
Hello! I may not have said enough about the game.

Plot: MC makes efforts to get into college and fulfill the promise he made many years ago. However, in the same year as the entrance exam, a sudden and tragic event leads him down a different path. Five years later, having lost everything, he receives the opportunity to rebuild his life in his hometown thanks to the invitation of a close acquaintance. In this familiar yet new place, he will meet different people who will have an impact on his life while more than one secret awaits to be revealed.

Gameplay: In Getting Intimate, decisions matter. A lot. This means that not only do they have consequences; they also shape the MC's personality and preference (to a certain extent). For example: if MC agrees to have risky outdoor sex, not only will it happen, but he will see it as normal. You can decide whether or not to participate in any proposed sexual activity, you can accept all of them (probably with consequences), or you can be faithful to the girl you like the most. Not all relationships will be the same, some will be more sexual and others more romantic.

I hope I have clarified your doubts!
I will probably add this to the main post.

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
Hi, here is an update on the progress.

86AA1566-0D81-4FDC-8682-7B52D7E3C607.jpg

Don't let the art percentage deceive you. Chapter 1 will have about 1350 renders, although that's estimated, and I'm not counting animations.

There will be 3 erotic scenes in this chapter.

Don't worry, there will be many more in the following chapters. We need some build up to produce hot scenes!

About branching, you can't tell with just one chapter, but there are definitely already several variations and omissible content. I hope I can show it to you with the next previews!

That's all for now, hope you have a nice day!

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
Hi! Today I want to introduce you to Satoshi!

prev8.png

A... somewhat weird guy who will try to win the MC's friendship throughout the game.

prev10.png

(One of our first scenes. Most likely to be reworked in the near future.)

He can be annoying for some, so you will also have the optionto give him a chance or not. Although sometimes it will be difficult to avoid him (we don't recommend this!).

Oh, did I mention he is Sayuri's little brother?

prev9.png

Unfortunately, I cannot show representative examples of branching. These decisions will be made at important (or "hot") moments, which will be rendered in the final stretch of development.

Even if it's not much, here is an example that alter a character's dialogue and opinion about you:

prev11.PNG

I think the picture speaks for itself.

Have a great week!

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
incets i guess?
Hi, I'm sorry to disappoint you but that was an idea that we discarded a few months into the project. It would give us problems with some websites like Patreon.

If it's something highly requested by the community, maybe a patch will appear "somewhere"? It would not be canon, though.

Reactions: TheGreatCornholio

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Looks and sounds top-tier. I personally don't care if there is incest or not. Keep it simple.
I hope for much success. :giggle: I do proofreading here, it doesn't seem like you need that, but a read-through with fresh eyes can't hurt.;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: MangoWorks

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
Looks and sounds top-tier. I personally don't care if there is incest or not. Keep it simple.
I hope for much success. :giggle: I do proofreading here, it doesn't seem like you need that, but a read-through with fresh eyes can't hurt.;)
Hi, sorry for the late reply. We have faced some complications these days, although the pace of work has returned to normal.

We are pleased that we made a good impression on you! :) I have to say that for the time being, we have no intention to show internal game content.

Still, thank you for the offer. I will discuss it with my co-worker.

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
The Game looks very Promising , are you Open to add more Kinks in the future ofc As Optional Content ? Swinging / sharing / Femdom ?

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
The Game looks very Promising , are you Open to add more Kinks in the future ofc As Optional Content ? Swinging / sharing / Femdom ?
Thank you for your words ;)! That's a rather difficult question to answer.

In the section of potential future tags you can see "femdom". We have already thought of some scenes that include this kink for future chapters.

About swinging and sharing, it's more complicated to say.

We also specify in potential future tags that the MC won't be cheated on. And yes, we know that swinging and sharing doesn't necessarily imply cheating. It would be more accurate to say that no LI will have explicit relationships with any character other than the MC.

However, I am not satisfied with this answer at all. Although it's not very likely, it's too early to tell, and we want to have a wide range of ramifications... We aren't fans of the idea, but who knows?

If the possibility arises, we will simply ask people about it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarknessDai

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
Hi! We are back with the updates.

We have had some problems IRL and well, fortunately we are here again. These are the current percentages:

gamepercent.jpg

Even so, we have decided that part of the percentage will have to be redone due to the increase in quality since the beginning of the project. These changes will likely come in an update shortly after the game's release.
(Still need to do the animations)

As an apology for the late updates I leave you a preview of what will be the main menu. I hope you like it!

main_menu_concept.gif

I couldn't upload it with higher resolution :confused:.

This menu is fully implemented. We will make some custom backgrounds that will be unlocked when reaching certain points in the story.

Any feedback is appreciated!

That's all for now! See you soon.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
nice female characters! renders look great too! just the kinks are totally the opposite i would have hoped to see.... very unfortunate. but i still wish you good luck. totally understand you guys were nervous.

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
nice female characters! renders look great too! just the kinks are totally the opposite i would have hoped to see.... very unfortunate. but i still wish you good luck. totally understand you guys were nervous.
Thanks for your words!

Can you specify which kinks are you referring to?

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
Hi, how are you? As we move forward with development, we thought we would tell you more in depth about the girls!

Let's start with Valerie...

prevv1.png

She may seem cheerful and lively, but she is a very introverted girl who does not like to be around people. She prefers to spend her days playing video games or painting. She studies Art.

prevv2.png

She has very, very few friends, and you, you have always been the oldest and most precious. Lucky you!

That's Valerie for now!

Another news is that we will soon have the Patreon page available!

We don't want to encourage support before you can test the quality of the game. Therefore, we are going to make a series of "free" posts so you can check what we will be offering there.

That should be all for now, hope you have a nice week!

MangoWorks

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2022
Hi, here are the percentages.

1700918004432.jpeg

We are currently rendering the final scene of the chapter and have found it to be longer than we thought.

We will soon start the final phase of development, although there are still important things to do. (animations, build-up scenes, transitional scenes, etc)

is now available! (We will add the link to the main post)

Right now there is only a welcome post (We recommend reading it to anyone interested). For now, we would appreciate any feedback on the tiers or the presentation of the page.

There will be more news soon. Have a nice week!