Seeking Games with interesting storyline

Yardash

Mar 31, 2018
Hi! I'm looking for the games where I can find these three points:
1) interesting storyline;
(1a) preferably fantasy/mystery theme);
2) nice graphics;
3) sex scenes are NOT the most important feature but rather addition to plot, kind of "cherry on top" ;)

In short, I like games where I can focus more on the plot than on getting laid ;) As examples, I like games such as ElsaVerse or "Pandora" and I'm looking for smth like these.
Point 1a has not to be necessary as I played "Daughter for Dessert" and it's also interesting and fun though doesn't have mysterious storyline.
Lately I was playing "Dreams of Desire" that of course is mysterious but I don't like that sex scenes are the primary goal of the game.

So, would you recommend some interesting titles, please? :)

Dusky Hallows

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Don't know if it's against the rules to plug my own game, but Sanguine Rose ( ) has something of a mystery element and the art is something we're rather proud of. Although maybe wait a day if you're interested since we should be dropping a public version with more content than the version on here within the next 24 hours.

Reactions: Erotica Biblion

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
As much as it pains me to agree with people plugging their own games, between them they have made 2 of my favourites.

Depraved Awakening is coming along fantastic. Story is good, characters are great and the sex scenes are good. Obvious downside being if you don't like noir'esque (that's a word ... well it is now) stories then you may not like this but it is well worth a try. The thread for it is pretty fun too although I don't think there are any women left that haven't been claimed .... you can have the stripper, she's hot for a few scenes and then she's very, very cold.

Sanguine rose has started off great. Only limited sex scenes but that doesn't matter as per your post. It is very story focused but the writing is genuinely good and the characters are really well done .... The only bad thing I can say is we've been speculating on romance arcs when the plot is one of those where everyone could end up dead if the dev so wishes. I know that's not a bad thing but it does mean the plot is unpredictable and for a guy that likes to know what's happening it makes my brain hurt from speculating.

Love and Submission is another I play, story is coming along nicely but the selling point is pretty much similar to Sanguine in that it's unpredictable. We ended the last update on a cliffhanger because the dev hates us (not really, well, maybe) with more to come but the characters are well done and it's worth playing.

Starship Inanna is one i've followed for a while and although I do enjoy it the story has jumped around a bit.

Anything by Tlero and Meortze. Dreaming with Elsa, Redemption for Jessika, Finding Miranda and Saving Chloe are all stories within one big main plot and are really well done. Pandora (not on this site for some reason) is another good one. Elsa and Jessika were the 2 VN's I played that led me here so these guys were my introduction to H games.

Dreaming of Dana is one I enjoy but it has a character in there some people don't like. It's recently been finished so all story arcs are now done.

Sister Lust isn't anything we haven't seen before but the characters are all really well done.

Blooming Love is a lesbian romance story. I really like this one it's one of those heartwarming tales and I am a sucker for a bit of romance.

My Sister My Roommate is another well written one. It's more comedy focused but it is genuinely funny including a crazy vegan ... well, i've never met a sane one.

Edit - I forgot Spaced Out. How I forgot I have no idea, I wrote a walkthrough for it. It's got a pretty decent story and characters along with other fun things such as solar panel polishing.

Roundscape Adorevia. I have no idea how I forgot this either. My favourite RPGM game in that it's an actual RPG with decent characters, story and gameplay. It's like an old Final Fantasy with occasional fucking. Well, regular fucking.

Reactions: Plop1

Yardash

Mar 31, 2018
Big thanks for suggestions, I'll try them when have more time. In fact I've checked Depraved Awakenings yet and it's awesome!! Exactly kind of game I wanted to find :) Great story, great graphics, great scenes, just everything :)
And I don't see anything bad in recommending one's own games. If someone knows he created smth good than why not share it with people in need? :D

Elsa and Jessika were the 2 VN's I played that led me here so these guys were my introduction to H games.
Kinda the same story as mine ;) Well, I can't remember if Elsa was the very first VN I've played, but it's for sure the first that showed me that erotic games can be smth more than simply fucking :)

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Thanks @Yardash im glad you enjoyed it. I don't often recco my own game because, yes it feels kinda weird, but from what you asked for, I kinda had to. It hit all points except fantasy which was a 50 50 with mystery anyways.

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
Kingdom of Deception is one of the few games that I care about the plot more then the sex. It has excellent world building with interesting characters. While its not 3dcg the art is very well done. Sierra Lee (the writer) makes good games in general, so check out Noxian Nights and the Last Sovereign as well.

Manit0u

Feb 26, 2018
I agree with previous posts. All great suggestions.
Special emphasis on: Depraved Awakening, Sanguine Rose and Kingdom of Deception.
What this thread is missing is Good Girl Gone Bad. Also, Lyla's Curse is looking good but still in early development so hard to say for sure how it'll end up.

Razor679

Mar 19, 2020
I recomend The Last Sovereign deap lore, Great world building, there is a mystory to it but not your typical mystory like a muder mystory or anything i wont go further then that as even tho its still up in the air in the current build its a massive spolir as its has a big role in the plot. last but not least there is a lot of braching paths and YOUR CHOICES HAVE A BIG IMPACT.

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
  • Color of My Sound
  • Demons Roots
  • Depraved Awakening
  • Eternum
  • Harem Hotel
  • I Walk Among Zombies
  • Master Rune
  • Meteor world Actor
  • Nanairo Reincarnation