• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Game Translations

The_Dante

Nov 10, 2017
Hi Community,

i want to ask, how can i translate renpy games? I´m german and want to try translate several favourite games from me.

Best regards Dante

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
There's another thread in which it's already explained (post 4 and 5). If you've still got questions, feel free to ask.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
If you want to translate a game for yourself, follow Suryujin's suggestion and edit the original files.

If you want to help the developer and make the game multilanguage instead, I recommend you to grab the (it's free!) and generate the translation files.
In short, the SDK will scan the whole game and will create some text files inside the "game\tl\german" folder. In those files are listed all the strings of the game menus and dialogues. You must open the files with Notepad++ (or another text editor that supports UTF-8) and translate the strings. Like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Read the and . If you speak French, there is also .

The code in the spoiler is from : get a copy of the game to better understand how translations work. ;)

Edit: to avoid any conflict, I think you should use the same SDK used by the game developer. At the end of the download page, there is a link to the older releases. The version used by the game dev is stored inside the file "game\script_version.txt".

Reactions: Drussler