VN Ren'Py Game announcement: Support

Bunsgames

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
1.png

Hi all!

I just want to make a thread to announce a small new game that i'm working on (that is early on in development btw). It's called Support. I don't really know what to post in this thread however if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

The general idea is that it's a short story revolving around a pupil and his friend/teacher. He's having a hard time at school and she's there to "support" him through it. The idea is to see how I can make it narratively interesting and explore this strong bond between these characters.

I made a longer thread over at so check that out if you want more info.

I'll post an excerpt from the post just to give you a general idea:

"It'll be the first ever game/story/visual novel that i've ever made. As you might imagine, this is a daunting task. There are so many things that I have to think of, from coding to assets to Patreon. As such I am starting small. I don't want this project to take more than 6 months (and most likely shorter), so it'll be a very basic VN. But basic isn't necessarily all bad right? It's still a challenge, but one that I can welcome with open arms.

My goals for the game is as follows:

- 2 Characters (maybe more, but probably not)

- Some basic choices with dialogue changes depending on the choice

- Aiming for 30 - 60 mins in length

- Learn as much as I can in regards to CG's, writing and development pipelines before stepping it up slightly for project #2"

Last edited:

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Почитал. Первое мнение и пару вопросов.
Судя по картинки то видно что сделано оформление, а это значит что игра создаться со старанием.
Вопрос. Персонажей мало и будет выбор в игре. Много будет выбора или это просто будет история с небольшими изменениями? Будут разные финалы и если да то сильное отличие у них будет?

I read it. First opinion and a couple of questions.
Judging by the picture, you can see that the design has been done, which means that the game has been created with diligence.
Question. There are few characters and there will be a choice in the game. Will there be a lot of choice or will it just be a story with a few changes? Will there be different finals, and if so, will they have a strong difference?

Reactions: Bunsgames

Bunsgames

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2021
Почитал. Первое мнение и пару вопросов.
Судя по картинки то видно что сделано оформление, а это значит что игра создаться со старанием.
Вопрос. Персонажей мало и будет выбор в игре. Много будет выбора или это просто будет история с небольшими изменениями? Будут разные финалы и если да то сильное отличие у них будет?

I read it. First opinion and a couple of questions.
Judging by the picture, you can see that the design has been done, which means that the game has been created with diligence.
Question. There are few characters and there will be a choice in the game. Will there be a lot of choice or will it just be a story with a few changes? Will there be different finals, and if so, will they have a strong difference?
Thank you for commenting on the design :D

In regards to choices. The current idea is that the mc (Kyle - can be named) will have different dialogue options. These dialogue options will branch out into different mini routes that will convey different moods and information. However these dialogue options will always converge back into the main route. In regards to the endings... The current plan is not to have multiple endings. IF the development goes smoothly then it's a possibility. If there were different endings then i don't think they would be too varied. The story will always come first and like I said it's not a sandbox or rpg, so it really wouldn't make any sense for there to be completely different endings with the current game concept.

In the end i'd MUCH rather keep the scope smaller but have it be decent/good quality rather than have a massive scope with tons of characters but it's "blegh" and I suffer from burnout halfway through (and subsequently abandon the game as many creators do).