Ren'Py Abandoned Gakuen Tantei Transparency (Magical School Detective) - Chapter 1 Completed [onionlover's translation]

onionlover

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
main_menu.png

Overview:
On the first day of school, you had a chance encounter with a scantily clad and masked individual who claimed to possess magic and needed your help. Since then, your school life had been turned upside down.

DISCLAIMER: I do not know Japanese nor am I a native English speaker. The translation was done via machine scanlation & my own interpretation. This project was also first and foremost made for my personal use, so it is not perfect. Finally, I do not have any plan to continue working on it, so anyone can pick up where I left off if they please.

Thread Updated: 2022-12-31
Release Date: 2022-12-31
Original Author: Moritake (Mousou Wakusei)
Translator: onionlover -
Censored: Yes
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD

bg hatanaka 01 1.png bg hatanaka 02 1.png bg jigorou 02 1.png bg tomono 02 1.png

Last edited:

Finding Himbos

Feb 5, 2022
Moritake always is good (sometimes a bit extreme and not my taste but most of the time the bara art is just super great). I would love to support the artist, but sadly they are gone from the internet.

Reactions: onionlover

zeniticus

May 12, 2019
I got most of Moritakes games in Jp, but cant upload them on the site, if anyone wants them or could upload them here fell free to mesage me.

ppadjake

Nov 13, 2021
View attachment 2276195

Overview:
On the first day of school, you had a chance encounter with a scantily clad and masked individual who claimed to possess magic and needed your help. Since then, your school life had been turned upside down.

DISCLAIMER: I do not know Japanese nor am I a native English speaker. The translation was done via machine scanlation & my own interpretation. This project was also first and foremost made for my personal use, so it is not perfect. Finally, I do not have any plan to continue working on it, so anyone can pick up where I left off if they please.

Thread Updated: 2022-12-31
Release Date: 2022-12-31
Original Author: Moritake (Mousou Wakusei)
Translator: onionlover -
Censored: Yes
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

DOWNLOAD

View attachment 2276199 View attachment 2276200 View attachment 2276203 View attachment 2276205
Wow. This is an excellent work.
How many games have you recreated?
I think we need more remake games like this. ❤❤❤❤❤

• Red Heart

onionlover

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
Wow. This is an excellent work.
How many games have you recreated?
I think we need more remake games like this. ❤❤❤❤❤
This is the only one I did before the realization that I hate Visual Novel gameplay (consisting of a lot of clicking) hit me. There were several instances in the original that I had to condense quite significantly to make it palatable.

I think only a few of his games need this type of treatment due to the very obscure engine. Others, you can extract the texts and then translate them. So if anyone is willing to, it'll be much easier than doing remake like this.

ppadjake

Nov 13, 2021
This is the only one I did before the realization that I hate Visual Novel gameplay (consisting of a lot of clicking) hit me. There were several instances in the original that I had to condense quite significantly to make it palatable.

I think only a few of his games need this type of treatment due to the very obscure engine. Others, you can extract the texts and then translate them. So if anyone is willing to, it'll be much easier than doing remake like this.
It's a shame you hate VN gameplay. It's one of the reasons you won't do another remake. sad. Anyway, thank you for your kindness.

I believe RENPY is appropriate for the VN, so I prioritize RENPY games. I know I can use a text extractor to translate a JPVN game, but more convenient is more easy, which is why I'm asking if you produced another remake game. For the player
Thanks again.

• Red Heart

onionlover

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
Thank you for this! I do hope someone else pics up the rest.
But for this, can anyone tell me how to unlock Hatanaka 7?
During the first walk around, when you help Mary sensei find her flash drive, you need to choose going to Conference room first to meet Hatanaka. Then ask him "do you have a crush on anyone?"

Then when you get to the confrontation with Hatanaka, choose I like you option. That will unlock Hatanaka 7.

Longfang

Feb 19, 2018
Thanks for translating it! Too bad you won't do the rest but I definitely get that it would be a pain since you have to remake the whole thing in renpy.

Would you mind explaining how you managed to extract the script, image, etc from the original japanese exe file? I have no clue what engine Moritake used for his old games before he switched to tyranno and rpgmaker but your translation put me in the mood to replay them and it would be easier to just extract and machine translate the whole script rather than hooking them up with textractor.

• Red Heart

onionlover

Game Developer
Mar 17, 2020
Would you mind explaining how you managed to extract the script, image, etc from the original japanese exe file? I have no clue what engine Moritake used for his old games before he switched to tyranno and rpgmaker but your translation put me in the mood to replay them and it would be easier to just extract and machine translate the whole script rather than hooking them up with textractor.
The thing is I didn't extract any script.
  1. The still pictures/sprites were extracted using some sort of tool that I forgot the name. Hell, the webp's were manually recorded as well because they couldn't be extracted.
  2. Played the game using visual novel OCR and individually translated each line.
  3. Learned ren'py from virtually no coding experience.
  4. Looked up the walkthrough in Japanese and built the scripts from there.
Some sort of demonic semen must have swum up my brain because I was insane, lmaooo. :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, his old games were made by some voodoo software because I honestly have no idea. Must be something only used domestically with some very niche indie VNs in Japan.

Reactions: Longfang

Longfang

Feb 19, 2018
The thing is I didn't extract any script.
  1. The still pictures/sprites were extracted using some sort of tool that I forgot the name. Hell, the webp's were manually recorded as well because they couldn't be extracted.
  2. Played the game using visual novel OCR and individually translated each line.
  3. Learned ren'py from virtually no coding experience.
  4. Looked up the walkthrough in Japanese and built the scripts from there.
Some sort of demonic semen must have swum up my brain because I was insane, lmaooo. :ROFLMAO:

But yeah, his old games were made by some voodoo software because I honestly have no idea. Must be something only used domestically with some very niche indie VNs in Japan.
Oh wow, you really went the extra miles then yeah :LOL: At least you learned renpy out of it, that's a good skill to have.

I remember that I managed to hook his old games to a texthooker years ago so I guess I'll try that again to replay them, and if that doesn't work there's always the OCR method you did. Thanks for your answer though!