Zeldapro

Jun 25, 2020
Is this going to get updated the next time one is pushed officially?(which according to talk on Twitter is soonish)
Just asking because the last update was not even mentioned, even if it only increased stability.

Mar 13, 2018
anyone knows what this error is about?

of Create Event
for object obj_globals:

ds_list_find_value argument 1 incorrect type (undefined) expecting a Number (YYGI32)
at gml_Object_obj_globals_Create_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_globals_Create_0 (line -1)

prisoner416

Jan 3, 2018
The game is buggy as hell and throws up errors a lot. This seems to be tied partly to memory issues. I can get pretty far if everything else is closed, but a web browser shouldn't crash a game in 2023.

Wish the gallery replayed text of scenes and not just images, but I guess you can save scum.

Shame the full thing isn't voice acted, some of the voice have potential. That was the one thing I wish the State Park game had as well.

The bugs though... man, that just ruins it, and you can't even predict the hard crashes.

Reactions: flowsand

Milkman Dan

Jan 19, 2018
The Steam version was ported from the previous engine (GameMaker) to Godot, and according to the Steam announcement, this improved performance. They also took the opportunity to fix 30+ bugs.

There are also new animations, and some art has been improved.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
The Steam version was ported from the previous engine (GameMaker) to Godot, and according to the Steam announcement, this improved performance. They also took the opportunity to fix 30+ bugs.

There are also new animations, and some art has been improved.

That's so dumb. Like anyone was waiting for a remake/port of a 3 year old game while they should've been focused on getting their next game out to market rather than delaying it half a dozen times.

And seriously, I don't know how they got to 30+ bugs, but none of them probably matter anymore in the grand scheme of things. After all, from what I can remember, this game ran fine from start to finish. As a VN it's not like it even has much gameplay to begin with.

Oh well. Guess someone, somewhere had issues ... 3 years ago.
And sure, I get that they're still selling the game today, but still.

Anyway ... it's worrying what's stated in the last paragraph though. I guess the port could've been in preparation for a DLC type thing.
But given that they have delayed their actual latest game a million times over ... none of their statements hold much credibility anymore really.

Last edited:

prisoner416

Jan 3, 2018
That's so dumb. Like anyone was waiting for a remake/port of a 3 year old game while they should've been focused on getting their next game out to market rather than delaying it half a dozen times.
Hi there. Me and the dozens of people that ended up refunding our purchases due to game engine issues would just like to have a little chat.

Reactions: Nessiah

Zeldapro

Jun 25, 2020

And seriously, I don't know how they got to 30+ bugs, but none of them probably matter anymore in the grand scheme of things. After all, from what I can remember, this game ran fine from start to finish. As a VN it's not like it even has much gameplay to begin with.

Oh well. Guess someone, somewhere had issues ... 3 years ago.
And sure, I get that they're still selling the game today, but still.

Anyway ... it's worrying what's stated in the last paragraph though. I guess the port could've been in preparation for a DLC type thing.
But given that they have delayed their actual latest game a million times over ... none of their statements hold much credibility anymore really.
Literally two posts above yours basically saying:"This game is bugged to near unplayability".

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
Hi there. Me and the dozens of people that ended up refunding our purchases due to game engine issues would just like to have a little chat.
Well, guess it's one of those things. I ended up going through this game noticing none of it years ago (from what I can remember I finished this game just fine).

Still, they should prioritize their next game they've put out many fake release dates for. Heck, last time Steam had an official release date was like last month or something and they just let it slide, so now it's just 'Coming Soon' again.

Oh well.

Nessiah

Mar 20, 2018
Interesting. So instead of a bug fix patch they remade the entire game in another engine huh. The game did have a lot of issues the last time I played. Memory leaks and other errors constantly causing crashes.

3.80 star(s) 22 Votes