• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Fuck Nights at Fremy's [v0.1.7] [BACK DOOR studio]

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
I gotta say I kinda don't hate it. As long as it's smooth and bug free, that kind of 2D sprites in a 3D environment can work very well imho.
I don't hate the idea. I hate that they wasted all the time invested up until now to pursue this new idea. The common killer of these indie projects besides patreon fueled greed is lack of time management. That one person to listen and go "That's cool and all but why don't we finish what we started first?"

Reactions: Axis3123

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
I don't hate the idea. I hate that they wasted all the time invested up until now to pursue this new idea. The common killer of these indie projects besides patreon fueled greed is lack of time management. That one person to listen and go "That's cool and all but why don't we finish what we started first?"
I'm not certain we can conclude that. For all we know everything is the same, they just clicked the 3D button instead of the "isometric" one

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
I'm not certain we can conclude that. For all we know everything is the same, they just clicked the 3D button instead of the "isometric" one
EDIT: After 6 months and long radio silence,they just clicked the 3D button instead of the "isometric" one. :HideThePain:

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Yes we can. The dev themselves has stated that the long wait was because "The game is currently undergoing total redevelopment from scratch"
Redevelopment. From scratch. Doesn't sound like a press to 3D button to me. And the worst part of this is their reason was so they can add more content and give the game a real story. This is bullshit.....in a fashion. They might truly think this for all we know but the truth of the matter is this was an out-of-the-blue ADHD moment that costs them 6 months of ACTUALLY providing content and story.

Remember, the story mode had changed concept before from the actual interesting puzzle-like version of FNAF to FNAF just with a 2D movable avatar. And they totally took out survival mode which was the only way to unlock scenes in ver 1.6/1.7, so it seems their development is more reliant on the whims they have that day rather than any real thought out process.

Something avoidable if they had a project manager.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
EDIT: After 6 months and long radio silence,they just clicked the 3D button instead of the "isometric" one. :HideThePain:
Depending on the engine it doesn't have to be that big a conversion. Of course it's more complex that the press of a button, but the original 2D game may well have been made in a 3D engine.

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Right ok. Yeah that is defo a bigger operation.
Almost sounds like they should have finished the original project and then gone on to make Fremys 2 instead.
It would be a better tactics, make sense and Dev would be more trustworthy...more fame, more money..then more greed, abandoned sequel.:KEK:

Depending on the engine it doesn't have to be that big a conversion. Of course it's more complex that the press of a button, but the original 2D game may well have been made in a 3D engine.
Which reminded me that its not clear whether they are planning to use Construct 3 or other engine.:unsure:

2.80 star(s) 6 Votes