VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Freeloading Family [v0.32] [FFCreations]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Lightfellow

An excellently written game, which isn't something you always expect from this kind of product. Great character development and an actual sense that you decisions mean something and are not just jumping you from kink to kink.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

luke88

Top 5 game on this site for me.

Great Renders
    Build up is quite good
    Story is getting better
    The characters have a great dynamic and thats thanks to the writing.

Had to write a review for this one.

Cheers
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Ascetic

I would REALLY love to give this game a full 5-stars rating, but I need to be honest with my review and unfortunately it does fall a little short on a couple of aspects (nothing major, but still worth one star less, overall).

The good: beautiful renders, first of all! I honestly loved most of the characters' concepts and looks and the variety of it all, so good job there!
    The story is relatively mundane but the dialogues and interactions are REALLY well written and believable, even in the context of such a classically unplausible harem-type situation. How the text changes depending on your "personality path" can lead to some very entertaining lines, too, which keeps the replay fresh when you go collect missed renders.

The 'meh': even though you're clearly given the choice to avoid the game being incest-related right at the start, most of the story still feels as making more sense if you keep the incest aspects in, which is a bit of a bummer. With that said, is FAR from being heavy on that type of kink even if you decide to go that route (especially when compared to other games), but still.
    The second 'meh' thing is really minor, but I think it has to be mentioned as well: the animations are almost non-existent, and with such beautiful renders to begin with it feels like a bit of a waste. With such huge competition from other creators with similar quality content, doing comparisons while playing is unfortunately inevitable.

So yeah, a very solid 4 stars for me, atm, and a lot of potential to go even higher in the future!
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Captain Kirk

"One of the rare incest games that doesn't have you sexually assaulting your family member within the first two updates. The writing in this game is the stand out to me, besides the beautiful girls and renders, the writing can be pretty damn funny. Love the game and always excited for more!" -5/5 Stars Nov 8, 2019 My Old Rating

Kirk You dumb Idiot! You got your hopes up for a game that has turned to an absolute fucking mess.
    Let's start with the first 2 problems the game had since my last update. The whole situation with the MC and his father. Now apparently the Dev wanted to create tension where the Father comes home so it would ruin your relationship with Alice. Because if sending his sister to cock block you wasn't enough, fuck it he will do it himself. Like making the father the ultra douchebag Thanos Cockblock.
    So while that update progressed I figured that the different character personalities would affect the way the father was handled. Where the nice guy trait fucks in secret and him and Alice leave the House, and the perv version says fuck it we'll continue the fuck who cares that he's living here fuck it let's seduce the stepmom too!
    But no you then are railroaded into the ending sequence where all the girls stop fucking each other and you because of the dev wanting to end the game with a choice screen!
    The best part of the ending is the person who talk to about who you love is your Dick of a Father! I mean what the fuck? Like you couldn't use that mysterious stranger? You had to use the one guy who everybody that plays this game hates?
    Now the endings themselves are so laughably bad they actually make this game not worth playing. When we got railroaded I figured this game would drop to a 3 out of 5 like just missed potential but no it decided to go nuclear and fuck almost each characters development.

Karina - Forgetable cuz I never liked her anyway sorry!
    Melody - Actually a decent ending, doesn't destroy the character and ends up a bit satisfying!
    Leah- For some reason all the development of the relationship you were forming with her gets thrown out the window. Like the ending is reforming the relationship you already formed? Da fuck?
    Alice- Well you like Alice? well she ain't yours she got her girlfriend on the side too! Wait you wanted a choice whether your relationship is open or closed fuck you! I mean seriously? Like way to ruin a character, hoe can't even be loyal to her Love/stepbrother.
    There I fixed my review
  5. 5.00 star(s)

tweak0322

Great story and love the character models. Updates are fairly frequent and add a decent amount to the game each time. Looking forward to seeing how much further the game goes and what new scenes will be added
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Expanding Universe Games

One of my favorites! Can't even pick a favorite character, as should be the case in a game. Plus the lack of any other males in the universe? Perfect. Renders are always great as well. Thanks for the consistent updates.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Mix@Xplore

Hmmm bit of a mixed bag for me this one. Honestly I found it a bit overrated.
    It's a well made game and clearly a lot of love and effort has gone into it but for me personally I thought it had quite a few negatives...

- I found it to be over written although well written.
    - The sequence of events and progression of the relationships were a bit jarring and unnatural.
    - Body types are all the same so you better like that specific one because you'll be seeing it a lot
    - Not really any animations
    - Not great views/shots during sex
    - Not great descriptions during sex. I really feel like you need either animations or really hot descriptions during sex scenes and this had neither.

To be clear all these are down to personal preferences. It's purely subjective and maybe my points are non-factors for others but seeing as the reviews are almost all saying how perfect the game is I thought I'd share my constructive feedback.

Overall decent game, worth playing but for me nowhere near worthy of it's status.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

vbk

This is some of the best writing I've ever seen in an adult game. The characters are all interesting and charming in their own ways. The plot provides enough twists and turns to keep things interesting. And the central romance is sexy and funny and genuinely touching at times.

Also, the game makes an effort to be progressive in regards to gender and sexual preference. Which is a really wonderful change of pace when so many other games seem to revel in toxic INCEL shit and lazy homophobic stereotypes

So if you want a story that is funny, kind-hearted, romantic and hot as fuck, definitely give this a chance.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

MrLakes1579

I really like it. The last version I played was I think the first released version, not to any of the sex yet, Alice, Melody, Leah and the teacher were all introduced but no sex had happened in that version yet.

Playing the newer further developed version has been amazing.

I love the character models they all have unique and interesting personalities. This game as well as Sisterly Lust both do a great job of working the harem angle. I like that there's real emotion and romance developing with each of the girls and even barring romance there always feels like a unique and special friendship with each of the girls. Again also like SL I love the aspect of how all the girls are not only into you but they also develop feelings/friendships/attractions for each other independent of the player character.

I love Alice and Leah's raw physical attraction. I like how Alice initially tries to push you away from pursuing Karina, only to actively develop an interest in her herself all the while you never quite know how innocent Karina actually is or isn't.

Also on the topic of Karina I like the thought that somewhere down the line, I really love the idea of Alice and Karina hooking up combined with how cute/hot of a couple the MC/Alice are inspires Leah to take a chance on Karina taking their relationship to another level.

I love how layered and funny and unpredictiable Melody's whole personality is. And even though she's straight, I'd love to see her have ONE hook up with one of the other girls just to see who it would be with. Or knowing her if it would just be a one time thing, see her getting triple or quadruple teamed by all the bisexual girls.

But all around, really fun, captivating, sexy and funny.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

GalArt

v0.20
    I would rate the game with 4.5, but I can't, ...so I don't.

+ One of the few games, where I don't skip a single conversation.
    + MC is a reasonable human beeing.
    + Nice light-hearted story with hot girls and harem possibilites.
    + Pleasing renders and some effort in changing clothes and such.

+- You can't really take wrong choices and thus don't miss out on story (only on some pictures), but that also means, there arn't a lot of meaningful choices.

- No animations and just one music track as far as I remember.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Potoum

Great story & well written, all characters have their own personality/quirk.
    Making it difficult to choose... This game is like a paid ad for polyamory ;-)
    Story is kinda linear, choice aren't branching out or seems to lack significance... you either do a little something or you don't.
    If you like reading a book, this is for you. graphic are nicely render.
    This game makes me want to start a harem :cool:
  12. 3.00 star(s)

KingWeWuz

I'm surprised people are giving this negativity due to lack of "animations." That's not the issue with this game.

The issues with this game isn't the animations, the faces, scenes etc are all fine.

I probably would have given this a 4/5 earlier only docking for some linearity, nonsenscial plot elements and some strange banters here and there. A couple quick ones I thought were bad "I am chaotic neutral from dnd" "I am the guy you meet at a party and bathroom/party to tell you about the choice you'll need to make in the future."

However after the author made weird anti-catholic pro-jewish commentary in the protagonists conversation with a girl he is sexually attracted to I almost couldn't keep playing. I assume the author did this because he allows his personality to bleed into the protagonist as his gary sue.

This is usually fine. You can get away with practically everything. Except there are three big NOs. No religion, no politics, no money.

You can't mock someone for their financial wellbeing/poverty, their religion, or their politics if you want to maintain an appeal to a broad audience. As someone who is not a catholic, I can absolutely confirm this was dumb and cringe.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Arthoneceron

This review probably will be partial, since Freeloading Family is my favorite game of this site, but I'll do my best on writting this review.

The whole game can be summed in "Awesome! You NEED to play right now".

Now I'll post some of my story of the game and a detailed review.

Around March of 2019, after a pretty bad end of relationship, I was looking for a text-heavy game which would make me forget my ex-gf, and I find "Freeloading Family" looking around this forum. I saw Alice in a signature and I have to see. And I have to say that since that, my life significally changed because of that decision.

First, the obvious, the great work from FFCreations. The models are stellar, probably one of the best of this forum. The character models are great, the girls are charming and the scenes can be pretty hot, depending of the context. It's funny to say that, but it's pretty obvious that in the beginning the game had passed by some difficulties and a narrative feature of making a character in a PNG in a premade background was pretty much used all the time for the recurring situations. When the game gained support and the work of FFCreations soared beautifully, I felt myself kinda nostalgic about that, but it's good to think that he doesn't depend of that anymore to bring an excelent work.

About the story, it's pretty incredible to see how the characters have great personalities. With that, V.A.Laurie did an excelent work on not only bringing great and complex characters, but also bringing depth that isn't usual on general games like this one. Alice with her kindness, Melody with her crazyness, Leah with her disguised softness, all them have something to say, and has a lot more than meets the eye. Even the MC, which generally is just an avatar of the player, has some stellar dialogues, even when the main subject is his crazy military father. The humour of the writting is also great, and it's a breath of fresh air in a genre where the main objective is having sex with the protagonists or so. For that, I salute you.

Saying that, I'll make a brief "PROS and CONS" on it, because I think I need to be honest with the gamers and the developers.
    _
    PROS:
    Models are great, scenes are great and hot.
    Personalities are awesome. It's a delight to only "hear" them talking or interacting with each other.
    Soundtract: nightRain, by airtone. Is as complex as the Freeloading Family and brings a special charm to the story.
    _
    CONS:
    The story is, in some ways, too linear. This isn't actually a con, but sometimes I feel myself too tied with some situations that I wished to avoid. Not a big deal at all.
    The perversion path is, in my opinion, funnier than the pacifism path. That doesn't remove the brilliance of the writting, but I don't feel myself motivated to play as "a good guy" on this game.
    Lack of SFX: This is one of the few games that I feel that some of punctual effects would benefit the play.

Thank you for the awesome game both of you! I'm now a proud fan and patron and I wished that all the people that ever played your game would be able to support you and all your patron goals would be reached. I think that eventually that will happen, but I can only hope and cheer for your success! Thanks for the awesome experience an I hope to be a patron of yours for some more years now!

Have a good night!
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Pitrik

A very good nice, and light story. Every character has their own side which makes them special, unique, and different from others. Each girl is perfect, beautiful, and irresistible. Alice is one of the most beautiful girls in all games ( added to my personal list), honestly, I downloaded the game after I saw her. Leah and Melody are amazing. Karina is amazing too, I love how her " church" side fails always. the dialogues that the characters have between one another are also very funny to read.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

FunkyD

PROS:

+Amazing characters and designs
    +Captivating storytelling. I usually get bored by VNs (too much reading), but the story and banter between characters keeps pulling me in
    +Adult scenes are very well made. All scenes are static images, but don't let that scare you off, the artstyle and composition of the scenes are really good
    +Gameplay is okay. It is a Visual Novel, so you're just playing thru the developer's story; But unlike many VN, youre choices matter here and that brings challenge and thinking on the table
    +If you're looking for a well-deserved awaited wank, after investing time in story/characters playing, this game is for you

CONS:

-Game only has 1 soundtrack. You can get annoyed real quick. Better to mute it. If you're like me that can't stand silent games, go listen on other platforms while playing.
    -You'll need a walkthrough if you want a good game
    -If you're looking for a quick wank, this game isn't for you

9/10 would chug a glass of wine under 10 seconds again
  16. 5.00 star(s)

vudar95

Beautiful models with really nice, realistic poses. Story and characters are rather simple, but thanks to good writing everything seems believable and immersive - also, thanks to small cast every character is unique and their personalities are having an actual impact on the way the story progresses.. Updates always come with large chunks of gameplay which is really appreciated.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Eula25

Just finished played v.020

A very good nice and light story. Love the humour between MC and his friend. Every character have their own persona which make them special, unique and different from others. MC also have a choice to be submissive or pervert which make every interaction between MC and the other character will be different Although this game doesn't have any animated scene except for one with Alice, i find that every scene is very hot and well written. Lastly, I love the way new character being introduced by not just jump to doing sex thing. The new character get developed in each update which make the game has more sense. This is my opinion on this game. If you like this game you can support @FFCreations by donate on patreon or by liking and reviewing this game. This is my opinion on this game.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Gregarius

Nice Renders, good pacing and some funny dialogue.
    Sister is cute and their story seems mild in comparison to other games with the incest tag.
    Each girl has her own appeal and while some are just eye candy others are there for the lol's and to give something unique to the story.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

RandyPhoenix

Good Points
    +Good looking renders.
    +Not that interesting but at least well written story.
    +Lots of content for story and characters.

Bad Points
    -Game doesn't have animated scenes. There is only one animation in whole game and its just because of DEV wanted to try animate one sex scene. So this game is not animated.... Even girls/women endings are dont have animated sex scenes... Wow... Amazing...
    -Sex scenes are boring... We are lacking animations but same time we are lacking images and well written sex scene dialogues, explanations aswell. If you cant make animations you should develop your sex scenes with more deeply so this way it can be give good feeling to player but this game dont have any of them...
    -Renders looks good yes but they are not good enough for non-animated adult game.

For The End
    Honestly i was waiting DEV improve his game and his skills and make this game better but literaly nothing has changed even after that much version... This game is so generic, boring and so simple. There is literaly hundreads of game like this... Thats sad because this game could be 4-5 star rate game with fixing bad points but no... Instead this game became nothing more then poor...
  20. 4.00 star(s)

JessieTR

This game is effin amazing. Beautiful renders, actually interesting characters and lots of hot scenes. The only thing it could have more of is kink. Like, a little bit wider variety of kinks, and a little more of them. There's already plenty of kink in it, it's just one area in which it could improve.