N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
It's not NTR. I've said it before and in saying it again; anyone claiming ntr is wrong because you don't know what is going to happen.

I love all of this feedback though, every one who has played the game to check it out is awesome.
ok i will not be giving up on this game just yet am gonna see what the future brings :)

U

User_32285

It's not NTR. I've said it before and in saying it again; anyone claiming ntr is wrong because you don't know what is going to happen.

I love all of this feedback though, every one who has played the game to check it out is awesome.
Better give it up (argueing about it, I mean), everyone and their mother has a different Definition of cuckold, NTR, Netorare, Netori and Netorase and most use some of these interchangable.

Better to never use any of these words and just describe the scenes in detail if you need to talk about it.

Reactions: bas

Pathvader

Jan 8, 2018
@V.A. Laurie
I personally like your game from the beginning and I like where it's going. Just do your thing and follow the story that you have planned, because pretty much every game that has succumbed to the pressure of any bitchy and loud patreons (or forum members here) who aren't happy about something in it, has gone to shit and often eventually abandoned by the dev. And I wouldn't blame those devs for it one bit, because I would do the same - I would lose an interest to write a story that I'm forced to write and nothing good would come out of it.
Stick to your guns and be the real alpha here. Take a stand. Your game isn't finished and it's way to early to bitch about things that have happened so far without knowing what happens next.

I like Leah, she is a much deeper character than some people here are able to realize. She's been bitchy, but that is obviously just a facade, the way she is protecting herself.
From the very beginning she is the only one who's been acting like an actual sister. She took the MC under her wing and has been trying to protect him. She's been talking and acting tough and bitchy, but that is actually how sisters do most of the time. It doesn't mean that she is your enemy or some major competitor about the important stuff. I bet that she'll fight for the MC tooth and nail, should anyone (e.g the "bad teacher" or anyone else) dare to seriously threaten him. Competing for the sink to brush teeth or for the shower is what happens between brothers and sisters. If she pushes you away from the sink and kicks you out of the shower or doesn't give you a blowjob or let you watch her having sex as a thanks for a favor doesn't make her an enemy.
The guys complaining here about her don't seem to know what it means to have a sister. A real one. Every female has to be their bitch, or they feel like they've been castrated. IMHO, a sign of growing up as a single male child, always protected by the parents, a boy who never had to learn to share (a sink with his sister) or to lose a board or a card game and still be a man about it.
Lol I have two older sisters and yes I know what is means to share a sink and lose in games and be a man about it. But to say women have to be bitches is complete and utter bs. A woman who turns to being a bitch is low in self esteem and therefore not worth the time to look at, she will eventually self destruct and take you down in the process. I have seen it in real life to many times.
Leah only took him under her wing because of Alice. You say you have have sisters and you don't think Alice told Leah about her brother coming and asked her to help guide him? Really you think she did it out of the kindness of her heart? She only did to get further into Alice's panties. (And I don't blame her for that.) But as I have said its not about having the girl/girls, I have even said we should have the option to not go after Alice and Leah. Its the fact that "we" the players had and still have no choice.
The game is written so that the player will think that Alice is to be the main goal for a love interest (whether the MC realizes it or not) and then forces you to go along with her fucking others while you cant stop it. That is the whole concept behind NTR. I agree it is the Dev's game and he should write it the way he wants, but he should also put it in the description so that those who don't want to play the gimp will know it is there and will not be forced into it.
And You talk about growing up to be a real man yet you are the only one to try to put down people who do not agree with your feelings. Real men do not have to do that to get their points across. As I have said I know their are those out their that like this type of game play and it is what they want and good for them. I have not bad mouthed people who want this nor anyone who disagree with my opinion. Only you have done this. SO since you brought it up, I just have to wonder who really needs to grow up here?

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
I'm still remain as patreon and keeping my pledge but I have to say ending was disappointing.

Reactions: JenusKudo

Pathvader

Jan 8, 2018

V.A. up til now I have loved the story and like your writing.
But to say it is not NTR because we don't know the future is outlandish. It was and is NTR the moment, the player/MC was not given the option to walk away from it. (regardless of how it turns out in the future) You wrote Alice in the script so that the player will conclude she is to be the main love interest and then you force the player to not only watch her be with someone else, you make him have to listen to it on the couch and the worst part, is you made him have to agree to allow it to happen in the first place. And gave him no ability to walk away. That was, is and will forever be my main qualm about the story, in this update.
I wrote a reply to another and told them I agree that you should write the story how you feel you want to. But please for the sake of the players of your game/games, put it in the description, so we have the option not to play if we want. (I even think that if it is allowed you could claim it slight NTR or something of that nature since you do not believe it to be NTR.) It would give us forewarned knowledge it is there. And if we choose to play it after such knowledge then we can have no complaint.
And on a positive I am thankful as a writer you do look at the forums and keep in touch with the people who play your games and listen to what they have to say about what they want to play.
Thank you.

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
It was and is NTR the moment, the player/MC was not given the option to walk away from it.
Thank you.
I don't agree with this line of thinking. I believe NTR to be in the concept and actions the story takes, not in the actions the player is given. I stand by saying what you have seen isn't NTR, as NTR would only be if Alice/Leah becomes a competition of sorts to see which of you can get Alice. That's not what is happening here, and you will see that in the next (and future) updates. NTR is having your love interest taken from you, and that hasn't happened. You're not even being 'Cucked' because Alice is just your step-sister/sister/roommate. She is not your girlfriend or your wife. Alice is, in the world that this game takes place in, a real person with real motivations and desires, with her own mind, her own life to live. At this point, her relation to you, or the Main Character, is developing, but she's not tied down to anyone, and she's making that clear in what she says and how she acts. Also, one of the genres tagged on this game from v01 was voyeur, so it's a given that you will peek in on stuff, and if this person is doing sexual things, that's exactly what you'd peek on.

I can't change minds on what Cucking or NTR is, probably, and I don't know if I want to. I hope people play this and see what is about to happen and where things go, and I of course hope you all enjoy it too, but I can't write something that pleases 100% of the people who play. I do hope, however, that this thread relaxes a little bit, as it looks like people are getting a little heated in this debate. I don't want to see insults flying or people getting bans because you start calling each other names.

Keep the discussion going, but try to keep it mostly peaceful, that's all I ask. And to play the next update to see what happens. I ask that too.

BloodyRelight

Aug 3, 2017
@V.A. Laurie
I personally like your game from the beginning and I like where it's going. Just do your thing and follow the story that you have planned, because pretty much every game that has succumbed to the pressure of any bitchy and loud patreons (or forum members here) who aren't happy about something in it, has gone to shit and often eventually abandoned by the dev. And I wouldn't blame those devs for it one bit, because I would do the same - I would lose an interest to write a story that I'm forced to write and nothing good would come out of it.
Stick to your guns and be the real alpha here. Take a stand. Your game isn't finished and it's way to early to bitch about things that have happened so far without knowing what happens next.

I like Leah, she is a much deeper character than some people here are able to realize. She's been bitchy, but that is obviously just a facade, the way she is protecting herself.
From the very beginning she is the only one who's been acting like an actual sister. She took the MC under her wing and has been trying to protect him. She's been talking and acting tough and bitchy, but that is actually how sisters do most of the time. It doesn't mean that she is your enemy or some major competitor about the important stuff. I bet that she'll fight for the MC tooth and nail, should anyone (e.g the "bad teacher" or anyone else) dare to seriously threaten him. Competing for the sink to brush teeth or for the shower is what happens between brothers and sisters. If she pushes you away from the sink and kicks you out of the shower or doesn't give you a blowjob or let you watch her having sex as a thanks for a favor doesn't make her an enemy.
The guys complaining here about her don't seem to know what it means to have a sister. A real one. Every female has to be their bitch, or they feel like they've been castrated. IMHO, a sign of growing up as a single male child, always protected by the parents, a boy who never had to learn to share (a sink with his sister) or to lose a board or a card game and still be a man about it.
I come from a family of five and have two sisters and it still bothers me. Don't generalize or judge folk too quickly some are just more jealous and possessive than others. I remember this one girl one of the few I dated in highschool and being my first serious relationship I was madly in love with her now she was a junior and I was a freshman. Anyway she was still talking with her ex she said they were still friends and looking back on it I bet they were but love can be a twisted dark terrible thing atleast that's how mine sometimes is, once again everyone perceives emotion differently. So I gave her an ultimatum either stop hanging out with him or lose me she said she would so I dropped the issue. Well two weeks later I saw her and him together talking in the cafeteria at a table with the rest of her friends. She had lied to me and betrayed my trust now I'd like to say I beat him to a bloody pulp and broke her heart in the process by publicly shaming her in front of her bitchy friends but that isn't quite what happened. I confronted them and challenged him and her I cussed them out called her terrible names and tried to get at him to punch him in his friggin face but the gym teacher stopped me and I was suspended for three days for causing a scene she called me that night and tried to yell at me about how I embarrassed her and caused her to lose one of her male friends. A guy she fucked her first mind you. Yet she had the gall to try to blame me? I had given her a choice him or me you can't have your cake and eat it too That's how I think of things. I didn't have any of it now I have never hit a women in my life I swore I never would and I always honor my word. But the verbal lashing I gave her could probably be considered assault. I told her this was her fault! For lying to me and betraying my trust by hanging out with him behind my back! I remember telling her that I no longer gave a shit about her and that I hope everyone knows what a liar and a bitch she was. I kept my tone angry but I was crying too. Jealousy is a terrible thing but I always listen to my emotions and feelings. To do otherwise is a disservice to myself. I told her she lost us both because if I ever saw him near her I would confront him again and sure enough he was a coward anyway never saw him near her again. Anyway over one moment my love for her turned into bitter jealousy and rage then into hate. I'm an easygoing guy but I have some rules I don't sleep around so you shouldn't I don't speak to my exes so neither should you and lastly I don't lie to you so never lie to me. If you break these any affection I have for you no matter how great I will sever our connection hopefully causing you the same pain and anger you caused me. I don't share end of story. Sorry if I got a little too into my head I just wanted to show the way I think it may not make sense to you but I stand by my ways.

Reactions: Valeck

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Also, I can't comment back about the future more than saying "you have to wait and see," obviously, because any more would spoil what you'll see in game. I do like the discussions about the personality of these girls I'm writing, I don't see this level of discussion on some games here, so at the very least I think I'm doing something right if it's getting everyone talking this much.

:)

Reactions: bas

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
so at the very least I think I'm doing something right if it's getting everyone talking this much.

:)
in that case you'd get people complimenting you for that story. the bathroom scene was lazy story writing at best. you chose to have choices in your game to shape the MC either as pacifist/sub or pervert/dom, yet in that scene the MC acts lie a sub anyway. it would have made sense to have an alternative scene where either the MC puts Leah into her place or at least thinks to himself on how to manipulate her.

Reactions: AmerHST

sansusername

May 4, 2017
Developing to the point where you are shown you are lower on the totem pole than the one person everyone in the game agrees is a complete cunt.

I mean, sitting on the couch? Why didn't you write in a bowl of ice cream to catch the tears of frustration?
She's your sister. So yeah, you're getting looked over for someone who isn't your fuckin' relative. Duh.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
And in two posts it's made abundantly clear to us that the lead writer has no idea about the content/fetishes that they are writing into this game and that the developer would rather spend time mocking patrons/possible future patrons who bring up legitimate critique with their game.

She's your sister. So yeah, you're getting looked over for someone who isn't your fuckin' relative. Duh.
You know this game was labelled from the start as a game with incest right? No NTR mentioned anywhere? Did that slip past you at some point.

FFCreations

Creator of Freeloading Family
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
And in two posts it's made abundantly clear to us that the lead writer has no idea about the content/fetishes that they are writing into this game and that the developer would rather spend time mocking patrons/possible future patrons who bring up legitimate critique with their game.
I'm sorry if my post was perceived as "mocking" that was not my intent. Also we do listen to practically everything written here and take it into account when discussing where the story should go. I appreciate all the criticism and I'm listening to it.

Reactions: N7 and bas

Pathvader

Jan 8, 2018
I'm sorry if my post was perceived as "mocking" that was not my intent. Also we do listen to practically everything written here and take it into account when discussing where the story should go. I appreciate all the criticism and I'm listening to it.
I would like to say I have no issue with you nor with V.A. As I have said before I liked the story and the graphics of it. My main objection was to the lack of choice in a game of choices. And I do believe that is what most everyone who has made a statement against the story has said. Since the game is made to have two different paths, then this should have been a place to have a choice and to have been able to play the path you have chosen from the beginning. I chose to play the dominant path for my first time playing it and to then be made to play the sub to Leah with no choice. At that moment it made the whole game (regardless of how well it was made) not worth playing. Now I know if I had chosen to play the sub then none of this would have been an issue until I made my second play through as dom. But since that was not the way it went and I know that there is no true dom path to the game and I am going to be forced to be sub regardless of the path I want to play, whats the point.

Pathvader

Jan 8, 2018
I don't agree with this line of thinking. I believe NTR to be in the concept and actions the story takes, not in the actions the player is given. I stand by saying what you have seen isn't NTR, as NTR would only be if Alice/Leah becomes a competition of sorts to see which of you can get Alice. That's not what is happening here, and you will see that in the next (and future) updates. NTR is having your love interest taken from you, and that hasn't happened. You're not even being 'Cucked' because Alice is just your step-sister/sister/roommate. She is not your girlfriend or your wife. Alice is, in the world that this game takes place in, a real person with real motivations and desires, with her own mind, her own life to live. At this point, her relation to you, or the Main Character, is developing, but she's not tied down to anyone, and she's making that clear in what she says and how she acts. Also, one of the genres tagged on this game from v01 was voyeur, so it's a given that you will peek in on stuff, and if this person is doing sexual things, that's exactly what you'd peek on.

I can't change minds on what Cucking or NTR is, probably, and I don't know if I want to. I hope people play this and see what is about to happen and where things go, and I of course hope you all enjoy it too, but I can't write something that pleases 100% of the people who play. I do hope, however, that this thread relaxes a little bit, as it looks like people are getting a little heated in this debate. I don't want to see insults flying or people getting bans because you start calling each other names.

Keep the discussion going, but try to keep it mostly peaceful, that's all I ask. And to play the next update to see what happens. I ask that too.
NTR apparently has multiple definitions and multiple ways to think about it. NTR is not based on any competition or even loss. Since there are multiple definitions I decided to show the one that I know as NTR.
About
Netorare (寝取られ, most commonly abbreviated as NTR) is a notoriously controversial genre of featuring (an act of adultery). As a fetish, NTR hentai are designed to provoke jealousy in the audience by proxy by having a character indulge in sexual activity with someone other than the protagonist. This has given NTR a highly infamous reputation amongst hentai fans, who frequently express their displeasure over the genre.

Origin
Netora as a Japanese term for cuckoldry literally translates to “taken away by sleeping with.” In typical NTR stories, a heroine will be introduced as having a significant other, be it a husband, a boyfriend, or even just a close friend; who is introduced as the male protagonist. The story will then show the aforementioned heroine being intimate with another man, thus provoking jealousy in the audience by proxy. The nature of these affairs vary per story, as will the outcome.

Now as you can see there is no statement here about a needed competition or even that Protagonist and Heroine have to be intimate before hand, they can be just friends (for example: just a brother/step brother). It is all about how the reader feels reading it. And although you may not have meant it to be, it is the way the story is written. And it also indicates that you are a good writer, since you were able to arouse those feelings of jealousy in your audience. But it is also the reason it should be tagged differently.

Now as for a you stating it is voyeurism, I have to disagree there as well. :( By definition:

vo·yeur·ism
vwäˈərizəm/
noun
  1. the practice of gaining sexual pleasure from watching others when they are naked or engaged in sexual activity.
Now I guess, for the few seconds, the MC gets to stand there before he is made to shut the door, you may consider that to be it. Of course he didn't seem to get much pleasure from it. But for the rest of the NTR complaint it being voyeurism just doesn't hold true.

As for Alice being her own person, that is fine and dandy. The way you wrote the story it states that she wants more time with the MC, but her actions speak otherwise. Now I do not know if it happened the same way for all,, but for me the "NTR" came the day of them laying in bed together and agreeing it felt good. And it appeared that they would continue on that path once they got home. Instead as soon as she knew he wouldn't call mommy on her, she drops him and runs to Leah's crotch like a dog in heat. And even toys with his emotions by calling to him when she is being tickled so he would get a view of what he is not getting. So much for her wanting to spend time with MC, when given a choice, she choices someone else. At best it makes her a liar, who preys on the MC's emotions to get what she wants. Since this is a game of choices, you wrote it to have two paths to chose. Then this is one of the times a choice was needed to make the game fluid and keep all players interested not just those who enjoy the sub/pacifist path.

If the game is to have a true dom/sub path in it, then there has to be the option/options given to the player/MC. Either in the bathroom with Leah like has been stated before or the option to not be forced to be sub and not to pursue those two ladies at all. (As at this point, I see no redeeming qualities in either of them.)
Of course it is your story to tell. But as for me now, with how it is written with no choices, I do not see it being a story worth reading anymore. And for that I am saddened. :(

Ares02

Jan 20, 2018
I do mind. I forbid it because I don't want to see your page taken down. :)

I'm a fan of the game, btw. Thanks to you and @V.A. Laurie.
but... what if he just link this topic on his pantreon page and casually on the first post is linked the mod?
(just asking, I'm all for the childhood friend route :FuckYea: )

I think this is the point a few people have been trying to make. Alice has now become just another slut in a game full of sluts. I think any hope for a proper romance with her went out the window with the way this last update was handled. Her words to the MC seem shallow now. In the Melody and Susan routes you can make choices to influence the content you see but with Alice, all player agency was taken away because "everyone loves lesbians right? this is plot". You're forced into it whether you as the player wanted to or not.
On Alice I'd just like to point out that most of this was already in place in the previous update (all was pointing out she was sexting with Leah, at least, so that would mean they were already doing it before MC comes in game).
But I can see why the lack of choice is annoying for some people (for one, I was annoyed against the forced "Susan route" on my first play, I would have preferred a choice to just skip her and go home trying to get Alice out of her clothes), just it doesn't hurt me that much.
Btw, I want to see what comes next, then I'll decide.

Again this is mostly your feelings on it and that is fine. Not everyone will experience the same feelings or emotions playing a game, be it a porn game or a FPS. I shortened your quote to avoid the "wall of text" as much as I could but referring to your "free and unconcerned sex" statement. I think most people who play these games would prefer if the player/MC was the person involved in this sex. You'd think it would be blindingly obvious really.
Yup, I was speaking of mine thinking regarding this game :D
but wait, my "free and unconcerned sex" statement was part of a bigger phrase "free and unconcerned sex is fine from time to time or as a starting point for a relation". This mean I'm happy if the MC just drop his dragonslayer on Susan, like in the first update; I'm all more than happy if later he does the same to Alice just because it feels good, and then it develops in some deeper feelings.
I was just saying that I wasn't involved as much with Alice to feel jealous at all. As is -apparently- MC too.

But seriously speaking, I think the story is written to just suggest that the opinion on Alice may pass from "lust object" to "romantic interest" and all is building toward that.
(notwithstanding all I think about Alice and already told in previous post)

I have no opinion I was just replying to the statement with the link about them watching NTR and reasoned as to what may be the cause for letting people walk on you, here in the southern united states it rarely happens ending either in an ass whipping or a gun or knife fight.
And I just stated you can't rationalize it with a partial view of history.
That said, the whole "dutch NTR" thing was a sort of pun, click the link and apply some googletranslate.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
but... what if he just link this topic on his pantreon page and casually on the first post is linked the mod?
(just asking, I'm all for the childhood friend route :FuckYea: )
Sadly, any link from a Patreon page to this site is almost certainly a one-way ticket to a suspended Patreon account.

To be clear, I claim no rights on the patch I posted. Anyone can use it in any way for any reason, but would hate to see a game I've really enjoyed so far be put in peril (melodrama?) over my silliness. :)

Reactions: N7
3.90 star(s) 180 Votes