Ren'Py Force Transition Skip in Renpy

nick_herr69

Sep 6, 2019
Is it possible to forcibly allow transition skipping in a Ren'py game that disables the option by default?
Some devs will remove the option because they use transitions to tell the story, but it's hard to care about their story when the pointless transition delay interrupts everything.

Is there like a console command or something I can use? Do I need to use dev mode? Is it even possible to do without paining my ass?

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Try dropping this inside \game folder and it should enable skipping.

You can also change the skip speed if you want it to be faster/slower by editing the skip_delay value.

Reactions: TyGamer

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Try dropping this inside \game folder and it should enable skipping.

You can also change the skip speed if you want it to be faster/slower by editing the skip_delay value.
It don't answer OP question.

This code set the skip feature to ON for everything, including what haven't be seen. It will effectively skip the transition as side effect, but he want to only skip the transitions. Therefore, what he need is preferences.transitions = 0.

But this is to use with care. Old versions of Ren'Py, from memory before 7.3.x, use a transition each time there's a pause DELAY.
Therefore, with them skipping transitions will also skip those pauses. This becoming an issue when the said pauses are used to serve an animation, since Ren'Py will skip all the intermediary images, just showing the last one.