• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Java - Football Camp [v0.7.5] [Trombocyte Games]

1. 4.00 star(s)

aVerryUniqueUsername

I liked the story but the art could use improvement. I did not like the random aspect of the events also who uses arrows to move nowadays so you use key is E or space can't remember and the movement is arrows why not move with awsd and e for interacting this way you can play with one hand.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

fgv2

As of reviewing, the version is v0.7.5.

This game fails on a technical level. There's noticeable delay between almost every action. It's to the point where, when you find the couple actions that are actually responsive, it feels weird. Each areas is a static background, an NPC and the MC; there should be no loading time. When you load into areas, your starting position doesn't make sense. The interact prompt for sleeping stays up while you're out of range. Your hitbox is disjoint, changes based on movement, and walls don't remove your slow to change momentum, so you do a weird stutter if you turn around after pushing against the edge of the screen. Sometimes you sink into the floor a little bit and you lose your walking animation. If you hold forward through an area transition you won't start moving. The dialogue system is inconsistent. Sometimes you can advance immediately by pressing 'e'. Sometimes you have to wait first. Sometimes advance is automatic. One time you have to start moving to close the dialogue. Sometimes dialogue choices are horizontally arranged. Other times it's vertical. You can't wrap around a list of options by inputting towards the edge. One time going down options was delayed by about half a second while going up options was instant. The text isn't given proper padding in the text bubbles. Font size is inconsistent. Your score in the practices can go to 10, but it's only capable of displaying a single digit, so it looks like a zero. The rickroll doesn't even work because YouTube doesn't support nw.js (or maybe just the version), and why aren't we just opening it in the default browser?

This game fails on a design level. The main and pause menus are controlled only by the mouse, while the game is controlled only by the arrow keys, 'q', and 'e'. Why would the dev pick 'q' and 'e' instead of 'z' and 'x' when they don't allow wasd? I have no idea. The very same actions appear in both practices and games, but they're given different inputs. The practices are obnoxiously slow for no reason. It's a reaction game where you have to choose the right reaction within a limited time. The challenge is in picking the right reaction. There's no reason to have three seconds of dead time while you wait for the next check to show up. The MC accelerates like this is Mario, when the gameplay consists of holding a single direction to get to the next interactable. There's an area you have to walk through every single day, where the only time it's used is a single dialogue on the very first day. I still don't understand how the mechanics of the games work, despite there being a text tutorial explaining it, and having won games. I just spam 'q' the entire time. I can't tell if you're supposed try to lewd the MC or roleplay as the MC. I tried roleplay at first, and you get some progress, but a lot of the content is locked behind intentionally picking lewd options that don't make sense, and the MC has too much characterization for you to really do that (e.g. the romance with Gena is just sort of a given). None of your choices ever have consequences outside the immediate scene. There's an options menu where the only meaningful option is to disable the music entirely.

The English is bad: both the grammar and the word choice. The writing is contrived.

You don't need me to tell you the art is bad, and to be honest I don't care very much, but it isn't helping. Aside from it being bad, it isn't even consistent. Sometimes the style seems to be no shading. Sometimes there's an obvious gradient effect. Sometimes there's perfectly shaded ellipsoids making up a cloud. Sometimes there's hard boundaries between shades. Sometimes there's a black outline on everything. Sometimes there's a colored outline. Sometimes there's no outline. Sometimes there's perspective. Sometimes there isn't.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

wolves9207

mini games for matches and practice are laggy, clunky and rudimentary. writing is also crude. the graphics are simple but could work if the mechanics were solid and there was gameplay or character depth and good writing, unfortunately there is not. based on how this looks, this game wins the vanity project of 1997 award. the dev should definitely not disclose that this is from 2023.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

sirneversleep

Do not waste your time with this game. The gameplay is even worse than the art and the animations are even worse than that. You have to attend "Practices" then you have to play in the real game which is absolutely nothing like the practice you had to do, so what is the point of the practice?
  5. 3.00 star(s)

NaillMcDracken

Despite the fact that the graphics leave much to be desired, the mechanics of the game comply with what was desired or planned by the developer, which leaves an intermediate balance that favors the positive through the events that occur around the story. of the girl who I think the developer wants to make the best footballer and whore in the world. As a tip, a graphics improvement would be great.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Llama-kun

It has an interesting environment, a successful game may be built around this. However, as it stands it has a pretty forward gameplay. I don't know if the creator wanted to show the sex or really wishes to rush her and become a "sucker" player it'd fall behind.
    What I mean is that since game doesn't have the graphical quality, it should balance it with depth.