RPGM - Completed - Fools of the Philosopher's Tower [v1.00] [TechnoBrake]

1. 3.00 star(s)

LeruArt

wish it wasnt as repetitive, otherwise i wouldve given this game a 4 star review...

its alright, just as i said, its a bit repetitive, and there is only defeat scenes and such for enemies, which each one has one scene.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Sghornylion

when i start playing the game it feels good, fun and interesting

but after i see the same h-scene for the 10th times it's not funny anymore

gameplay is repetitive and kinda boring, and the repeating h-scenes dosen't help at all.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Degenerate42

Mediocre game, played this game on hard mode, gameplay was repetitive, stats scale very poorly so I had to grind a lot just to beat the first boss, I really did give this one a try but it just didn't feel satisfying. Had potential with the prostitution mechanic and all the different outfits but you grind to unlock non-revealing outfits which is just lame.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Fidzius

Almost not horrible.
    • Lose to H, yet can't get good against luck or awful performance.
    • It's all random- level layouts, types of traps and their positions, special passages, whether a lever or chest is useful or trapped. Save points every 10 entirely random levels always makes it an annoying gamble.
    • The game runs worse than a slideshow with the stats screen on and while you can just check them time to time, that shows how unreliable it is.
    • Gameplay is almost decent- the combat doesn't have a separate screen, you fight what you encounter. The obviously randomly generated layouts, enemies and their placements makes avoiding them either easy or impossible, yet always annoying since combat isn't really worth it. Limited potion effectiveness and carrying capacity is trash.
    Trash, but trash that could have been even slightly interesting if properly polished, but now it's garbage.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

taglag

I actually like this one mostly as one of those pass time quickly by doing a little addictive run through the maze and dodge the creatures trying to eat you. ( Or fuck you)

Not that it is some all inspiring RPG or anything, but just the rather nice amount of animation's and detail in the art work to keep you moving up a little higher in the tower.

Not a game for everyone, and not a game you should save edit and beat quickly, but I would not blame anyone for doing that.

Mostly this is the type of game like you use to find on your phone to pass the time and take your mind off problems or events of everyday life that you need to get out of your mind or while waiting for another game your interested in to download ( I have terrible bandwidth). ( How ever with a very adult theme)

I gave it a high rating because I enjoyed it, and the graphics I thought were not only cute, and nicely done.

Having a lot of outfits to work toward owning was also a Plus.

Overall I just found it to be a nice mindless pass time, when you need it.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

GoonerM96

1. h scenes were very good. Ahegao face is fabulous. However, there is only one scene per enemy which is sad. 4/5
    2. you can have many clothes. It looks nice and has some uses...but it's mostly useless. Would have been better aesthetically if they can be torn in battle. 2/5
    3. Battle mechanic is very simple. No strategy involved cus there's no active skills options. 2/5
    4. Gameplay is repetitive and very grindy...which can be very boring but still you can see that ahegao face multiple times, yay. Also, you can get some easy money by prostitution. Done that about 100 times. 3/5
    5. There are no consequences if you spoil your protagonist too much, and it can be kinda relaxing. 3/5
    6. lots of traps is pretty neat, but maps can be repetitive. 3/5

I enjoyed this game even though I felt numb doing things over and over again. Must be that Ahegao magic.

3.5/5
  7. 1.00 star(s)

VictorDoUrden

I'd like to rate higher cause I like the stuff here but....
    • gamebreaking fps issue when interface is not hidden
    • misleading notion/translation of exp
    • flagrantly unfinished as you can't be covered in anything but oil but game says you can
    • likely a translation I guess for mentioning of untrustworthy people seems to be nothing more then possibly being attacked instead of helped by a adventurer when calling for help from a trap
    • expects way too fucking much grind
  8. 3.00 star(s)

ExcitedCharacter

Starting off, this game seemed to be pretty good. It has some interesting mechanics (squeezing through holes in walls, not trusting characters in the tower, etc.) but quickly became dull. The fighting is repetitive, with your only real choices being to attack or use a potion, and no strategy being involved. The "random" levels are prefabs put in a random order with nothing else changed (traps and levers are the same, etc). Some concepts from the tutorial are never really seen again, such as not trusting everyone who appears in the tower (the only people you'll see on random floors are sometimes a merchant and an old blind guy who wants to give you a healing massage for a lot of gold).
    The game is very grindy at times. Leveling up is not very useful past the first boss, as equipment increase your stats a lot more than levelling. Levelling up is only done with gold, so it's faster to get high luck with items and farm chests than it is to beat enemies to get enough. On the last 30-40 floors I didn't fight a single enemy, simply running away from them all to advance quicker.
    One thing this game does have going for it are the h-scenes. The scenes are pretty detailed, and have well-drawn pictures to go along with them. There is only one unique picture per scene though, so it isn't the best, but it's still something that gives merit to the game.