Others Abandoned FNAF Nightshift [2021-09-09] [HStudiosDev]

3.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Dremo

Jul 4, 2017
After seeeeeveral years of """"development"""" and only having a demo with barely anything to show for it, I was already minded that this game would never progress as it should have... In fact, I would've expected a full beta release with an actual gameplay loop and some scenes YEARS ago, but given how absurd this thing has stretched out... yeah

Dev also came up recently with a about the game's development; in short, he compiles several issues about development that pretty much all rotates around him not getting help for it, be it either from not finding people for character models, to people cancelling commissions (that's REALLY fishy), to the lack of a competent programmer and his composer apparently refusing to make tracks for him due to... reasons? He claims all those setback prevents him from making the game he wishes to make, given he apparently want to make it very high quality with a complete story arc and that by himself he can't do it.

Keep in mind though that this guy tweets almost every day, sometimes several times a day, about random things like his gaming shenanigans or just answering things about the game without going in detail. Meanwhile, this game hasn't seen any major progress whatsoever that would justify his claims of working "sleepless nights" on this. In fact, this demo was already long overdue and (once again) doesn't have much for it to justify years in the making and hundreds of hours of effort. Even then, he has a commission advertisement pinned on his twitter. The itch.io page he had to create due to Gamejolt closing its doors on him also didn't see any activity in almost half a year (given his presence on twitter, this isn't quite due to him disappearing from the internet you see), same for his patreon. This is nothing new either, because even the gamejolt page used to be deserted for months sometimes.

Even if the unlikely probability that this great amount of people that could've/should've helped him somehow all gave him a cold shoulder without exception could turn out to be true, there is so much red flags that have been present through entire years of the development of this game that I can't help but have some major doubts about the claims of the dev and the future of the game.

Alpha-rius

Dec 6, 2018
After seeeeeveral years of """"development"""" and only having a demo with barely anything to show for it, I was already minded that this game would never progress as it should have... In fact, I would've expected a full beta release with an actual gameplay loop and some scenes YEARS ago, but given how absurd this thing has stretched out... yeah

Dev also came up recently with a about the game's development; in short, he compiles several issues about development that pretty much all rotates around him not getting help for it, be it either from not finding people for character models, to people cancelling commissions (that's REALLY fishy), to the lack of a competent programmer and his composer apparently refusing to make tracks for him due to... reasons? He claims all those setback prevents him from making the game he wishes to make, given he apparently want to make it very high quality with a complete story arc and that by himself he can't do it.

Keep in mind though that this guy tweets almost every day, sometimes several times a day, about random things like his gaming shenanigans or just answering things about the game without going in detail. Meanwhile, this game hasn't seen any major progress whatsoever that would justify his claims of working "sleepless nights" on this. In fact, this demo was already long overdue and (once again) doesn't have much for it to justify years in the making and hundreds of hours of effort. Even then, he has a commission advertisement pinned on his twitter. The itch.io page he had to create due to Gamejolt closing its doors on him also didn't see any activity in almost half a year (given his presence on twitter, this isn't quite due to him disappearing from the internet you see), same for his patreon. This is nothing new either, because even the gamejolt page used to be deserted for months sometimes.

Even if the unlikely probability that this great amount of people that could've/should've helped him somehow all gave him a cold shoulder without exception could turn out to be true, there is so much red flags that have been present through entire years of the development of this game that I can't help but have some major doubts about the claims of the dev and the future of the game.
hope-n-the-first-step-on-the-road-to-disappointment-56792191(1).png

This sounds like deathblight rpg all over again.

Last edited:

4DaB0is

Dec 25, 2020

Major fuckin sadness ahead. Office looks super nice, location is cool, if a bit 'abandoned garage-esqu', girls all look awesome, and the lighting is suprisingly good, at least when compared to the lighting in similar games, which seems to be floodlights on everything, or no lights on anything. Controls felt nice and snappy too. Its an absolute shame that this is basically dead then. Heartbreaking

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
which will be done first this or yandere simulator
remember that fnaf is already an established franchise with a pretty cut and dry concept for a game. If this can't even properly mimic that after years and years of doing fuck all when many other projects have in a fraction of the time then as bad as yan sim's development has been you definitely have too much faith in H. Yandere Simulator has aspirations well beyond its reach with a developer not nearly experienced enough to pull it off, Nightshift has done just about nothing in roughly 5 or so years and continues to just float dead in the water.

HStudios

Sep 9, 2019
is this still being worked on? btw fullscreen on a 4k monitor works like shit
Its still being worked on, I’m just taking a hiatus right now as I focus on my life. And in terms of fullscreen what do you mean? Is it buggy or pixelated? Because if its pixelated, that’s because the game uses pre-rendered images at 720p so yeah its gonna look blurry

I prefer the futa version with female mc as seen in the video version hopfully this will have these options in the upcoming updates?
I’d like to do futa but as I’ve said before, we’ll have to see what happens

Win32 function failed: HRESULT: 0x8007000e Call: GR_D3D_Device->CreateTexture2D at line 456
Its an error caused by your PC running out of VRAM (video memory). You can use this tutorial to check how much you have

I understand the frustration and trust me, I’m annoyed too. I also understand how these modelers falling through and being ‘unable to finish the game due to other people’ also raises red flags and questions. I’m not going to go out and say that I’m 100% not at fault and that I shouldn’t shoulder some blame for things taking as long as they have.

Its not exactly dead but nor is it incredibly alive-and-kicking. There has been engine switches, college courses and degrees, depression and a ton of life-stuff getting in the way and sometimes I just wish I could be done with this project.

• I have re-established connections with the modeler, who is up for re-attempting the commission of models – we get along much better and are friends
  • The current composer is working on the OST for various other games and hasn’t had much time to work on FNAFN’s ost, while the other composer has moved, gotten new jobs or been in hospital over heart issues and that has also slowed development – understandably
  • Switching from Source Filmmaker to Blender has brought a lot of the visuals back a few steps, with props having to be modelled and scene/environment building needing to be reworked too.
  • The Patreon was set up because people wanted to donate, and I tried my best to temper expectations in regards to rewards. There are a lot of people who run cheap Patreon pages with no explicit ‘rewards’ for donating and I was planning to do the same because I do not wish to split communities up into “those who pay” and “those who don’t”
While I don’t like being compared to Yandere Sim, I will definitely admit things have not been smooth in the slightest.

HStudios

Sep 9, 2019
From SFM to Blender? That's quite a downgrade.
..not really. SFM is the beta for some abandoned Valve animation tool that hasn't been updated since at least 2015 - while Blender is an industry-standard modelling, texturing, sculpting, rigging, animating and rendering tool that in many, many ways runs circles around SFM.

Its made my workflow easier, allowing the team to just make models without having to them go through the laborious process of porting them to an outdated decade-old engine, is far more stable and crashes almost never which improves the speed at which things can be made

JoyridePinks

Oct 5, 2019
From SFM to Blender? That's quite a downgrade.
it can visually look like a downgrade if you aren't used to blender, but blender will end up being way faster and easier than sfm in the long run, if you have no idea what people have to deal with in source film maker lazy purple made an amazing about problems he encountered while making his sfm shorts for his tf2 videos, it is pretty eye opening for how bad the program can be at times

spiritomb8

Sep 4, 2020
never. seems it finish story. abandoned project, means another crappy dev earned on trust
No, they're still going, just on a hiatus. The team for this game is like, 5 or 6 people. And to make a game this big with that few people, and after all the shit thats been going on in the world the last few years, I'd gladly wait a few more years for the game to be completed.

• Angry
Reactions: mr__person__
3.50 star(s) 4 Votes