Daz Fit control equivalent for Genesis 9

r4cc00n

Sep 12, 2021
Hi everyone !

I am a very enthousiast user of for G8 to adjust the clothes so that it does not stick to the figures and make beautiful necklines. Is there any equivalent for Genesis 9 ? I made a little search on the forum and on the web and I didn't see anything.

The goal is to avoid clothes that cling to the skin like that :

1694027942992.png

Thanks to this wonderful community :)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
For breasts/butts, Sickle is the way to go usually (at least while waiting for Zev0 stuff.)

Both work pretty well for skin tight stuff, anything else should be dForce.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
dForce is pretty simple once you start playing around with it, but there are some.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
To explain a bit why the boob area often looks like the sample image you posted when you expand the character's chest measurement:

Clothing is DAZ is a 3d mesh just the same as the 3d-figure body is a mesh. The way that the clothing is "molded" to the underlying 3d object is that the vertexes of the clothing are "mapped" to the closest vertexes of the character body. Then when the body shape changes, the clothing vertexes are moved proportionally in the same direction/distance as the underlying body vertexes. By doing this the 3d mesh of the clothing is mostly going to stay outside of the body mesh, and avoid "poke through" (there are other things to help as well but they don't matter much here
But now imagine that you get a significant change in position of *some* body vertexes while their close neighbors do not move much as all... for example, a nice sized b-cup boob like on the default genesis body torso: the underboob vertexes are close to the chest vertexes - and then suddenly she gets a huge inflation and has Fcups and those underboobs vertexes are several centimeters down and forward of original position, while the chest vertexes are still in the same place...
Due to the basic algorithm in use to simulate the "tight fitting clothing" all of the clothing 3d points must follow... and now the leather minidress breast area has a clearly unnatural and uncomfortable shape.
If daz or similar programs had a much more sophisticated simulation of the boob-meat, it's weight, flexibility, and both internal and surface elasticity, and then solves that at the same time as the container (dress leather) is also simulated to move and bend and expand just "enough".. then you would get more realistic looking clothing. But that level of complex simulation is waaaaaay out of reach for the Daz developers (and, being honest, even for university level research work). In the real world, it just happens, virtually instantly, because that's how physics works.

TSGS

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2019
The Fit Control G9 has just been released. Here is the link for the bundle because there is the feminine and the masculine.

Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The Fit Control G9 has just been released. Here is the link for the bundle because there is the feminine and the masculine.
Christ, that took forever. Kind of surprising by Zev0. Usually has this ready just as the new generation of figures is rolling out.

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Hi everyone !

I am a very enthousiast user of for G8 to adjust the clothes so that it does not stick to the figures and make beautiful necklines. Is there any equivalent for Genesis 9 ? I made a little search on the forum and on the web and I didn't see anything.

The goal is to avoid clothes that cling to the skin like that :

View attachment 2909285

Thanks to this wonderful community :)
Mesh grabber can help if you have some patience and manual skills.
I think most important (much more then support morphs) is adjusting shape to clothes. Thight leather dress keep breast raised together - your lady has saggy breasts. DO NOT use the same body morph for clothed and nude figure
ErenEdie02.png ErenEdie03.png
You can use one more trick. Find ANY clothes which looks correct with figure shape which you use (can be another dress/shirt). Later conform leather dress to cloth not to G9. It helps sometimes but clothes must have similar meshes.

Last edited:

r4cc00n

Sep 12, 2021
You should thank the actual developer, not the guys who pirate it :ROFLMAO:
Sure, I buy all props and tools I really use in my games :) I prefer to download there here first because I'm often surprised (not in the good way...) by stuff bought in the store (clothes with very poor render, tools doesn't run succesfully) and guys from the forum have good advises an recommandation (like in this post !)

Reactions: osanaiko

r4cc00n

Sep 12, 2021
I think most important (much more then support morphs) is adjusting shape to clothes. Thight leather dress keep breast raised together - your lady has saggy breasts. DO NOT use the same body morph for clothed and nude figure
View attachment 3566779 View attachment 3566780
You can use one more trick. Find ANY clothes which looks correct with figure shape which you use (can be another dress/shirt). Later conform leather dress to cloth not to G9. It helps sometimes but clothes must have similar meshes.
That's a good advise ! I will try it, thanks ! Simple idea and can be test quickly :)

r4cc00n

Sep 12, 2021
View attachment 3566779 View attachment 3566780
I tried your strategy and I think it's the best approach I have tried last months.
I need to maintain two shapes by character but it's finally more efficient and with a better render !
Thanks for that :) Sometime the smarter choice it's not to use a complex tool but to find a good strategy !

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
(...) Sometime the smarter choice it's not to use a complex tool but to find a good strategy !
As usual if you want play with breasts, real or rendered. :)

If you have mesh grabber and any other 3d sculpting soft, consider creating your own "dummy" cloth. It can be simple LOW RESOLUTION tube. Low res let you adjust shape to morph fast and easy. Just move down few faces/edges/vertex under breast to remove weird saggy effect. Cleavage area can be shaped as well.
You must only remember that new created auto follow morphs are not aplayed to clothes which are already conformed. If you create new morph with mesh grabber you must reload and "reconform" clothes.

Last edited:

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
Just a warning about using FIT control for G9. It adds a shit ton of file size to your DUF files. As an example, I did a test and a regular G9 with very basic clothes was less than 1MB in size (~933 kb in my test). But when I added FIT Control to the pants and top, the DUF file ballooned to 98MB!

I did this test because I noticed a trend in my Scene files that I was archiving. They tended to start off being reasonably sized, but then would be huge by the end of the Scene evolutions. I now know it was because I was just adding FIT control to everything, since it's so handy.

From now on, I am only applying Fit control when needed and removing it for the next iteration of a Scene DUF. Drive space is pretty easy to buy these days, but still finite, lol.

r4cc00n

Sep 12, 2021
Just a warning about using FIT control for G9. It adds a shit ton of file size to your DUF files. As an example, I did a test and a regular G9 with very basic clothes was less than 1MB in size (~933 kb in my test). But when I added FIT Control to the pants and top, the DUF file ballooned to 98MB!

I did this test because I noticed a trend in my Scene files that I was archiving. They tended to start off being reasonably sized, but then would be huge by the end of the Scene evolutions. I now know it was because I was just adding FIT control to everything, since it's so handy.

From now on, I am only applying Fit control when needed and removing it for the next iteration of a Scene DUF. Drive space is pretty easy to buy these days, but still finite, lol.
Thanks for the warning ! It push me on the strategy with two shapes : one with a bra, one without !