First ever render / sneak peek

zabrodian

Mar 9, 2018
Hi everyone, recently I decided to develop my own game, since I've been enjoying this genre so much. It's going to be a simple VN with multiple choices, and I am trying to focus mainly on a good story that doesn't immediately fall in the usual clichés. That said, I'm learning my ways in Daz and I still have a lot to go, mainly how to handle lights and expressions.

Here are my very first renders from the beginning of the game. The game it's called Three Wishes and I think a first playable version might come late June/July.

Of course, any kind of feedback is much appreciated.

dream1.png dream4.png dream5.png

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Looks really good to me. Nice interaction with the reader by way she's looking up and at teh camera (MC). I have to admit you are optimistic if you think you'll release by June/July as rendering takes time. Depending on how much content you aiming for, for first time release.
I am not sure if you know but under the Assest Forum Topic you can download DAZ model, clothes etc... Something i only found out later.

zabrodian

Mar 9, 2018
Looks really good to me. Nice interaction with the reader by way she's looking up and at teh camera (MC). I have to admit you are optimistic if you think you'll release by June/July as rendering takes time. Depending on how much content you aiming for, for first time release.
I am not sure if you know but under the Assest Forum Topic you can download DAZ model, clothes etc... Something i only found out later.

Ahah yeah I am optimistic. I have some free time right now so I'm trying to make the most of it with this project.
I think the first realease will be divided in two parts: a demo, featuring this scene and the prologue, and a full first release through patreon or something like that. I'm thinking about 250-300 renders total, but could be less if I learn how to save and recycle data :D

I've seen the assets forum, thanks. I've been scouting the internet for freebies and stuff, but in the end I had to invest on something. So far I'm having a lot of fun so I think it's worth it.
Then, we'll see!

Thank you for your feedback!

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Good luck mate...

If I may add one more thing, the girls breasts looks really nice and nice size also the penis is about right.

Reactions: zabrodian

ltech

Apr 25, 2018
Nice, I am also working on my first VN and using Daz.

As someone else mentioned, renders take time.

A few things that I have found that help with render times is:
- reduce the size of all the textures, most of the textures seem to be 4k, I am more than happy with 1080p textures and this decreases renders times by a lot.
I do not see the point in using 4k textures if the images for my VN are going to be 1080p or 720p. There is a addon for this called scene optimiser, keep a back up of your scene before you use it just in case you wanted to create a higher res version later.
- Use keyframes to render out all your renders that take place in the same scene overnight or while you are at work.

Another useful site for assets is 3dzone.link
EDIT: (Make sure you use adblock for 3dzone.link, it seems to be using a crypto miner, you may have to view page source to see download links)

Good luck with your first project.

zabrodian

Mar 9, 2018
Thank you Itech.
This thing about keyframes is interesting, have you got any more info on that?

Thanks.

ltech

Apr 25, 2018
Thank you Itech.
This thing about keyframes is interesting, have you got any more info on that?

Thanks.
Keyframes are not just used for animations but can be used to batch render one image after the other using the "image series" option.
Plan out all the shots you need that take place in the same scene and do each shot on a different frame on the timeline.
This way, if you are asleep or at work, your computer can keep rendering more images for your VN.

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
Nice, I am also working on my first VN and using Daz.

As someone else mentioned, renders take time.

A few things that I have found that help with render times is:
- reduce the size of all the textures, most of the textures seem to be 4k, I am more than happy with 1080p textures and this decreases renders times by a lot.
I do not see the point in using 4k textures if the images for my VN are going to be 1080p or 720p. There is a addon for this called scene optimiser, keep a back up of your scene before you use it just in case you wanted to create a higher res version later.
- Use keyframes to render out all your renders that take place in the same scene overnight or while you are at work.

Another useful site for assets is 3dzone.link
EDIT: (Make sure you use adblock for 3dzone.link, it seems to be using a crypto miner, you may have to view page source to see download links)

Good luck with your first project.
3DZone link no longer lets you download the assets anymore, It sends you to the DAZ page instead.

ltech

Apr 25, 2018
3DZone link no longer lets you download the assets anymore, It sends you to the DAZ page instead.
The links are still there, if you view page source you can find the link to mega or some other file sharing site.