Tutorial QSP Finding Passwords For QSP Games

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
Do you find proEto password? please, can you tell me it?
Yeah, Pararock helped me with it.
I will attach it in text attachment - saved in Unicode format, because its complicacy.
Here:

Last edited:

rustam1055

Apr 19, 2018
Yeah, Pararock helped me with it.
I will attach it in text attachment - saved in Unicode format, because its complicacy.
Here:
How i can decode this password? From which format to text? From UTF-16 or Unicode? Please, help me :)

ustar

Dec 29, 2017
How i can decode this password? From which format to text? From UTF-16 or Unicode? Please, help me :)
just open it in text editor with Unicode support like notepad++ (or on Windows versions starting with Windows 2000 it's built into system Notepad) - and copy all trash as it is. I had to use Unicode because the password is from all weird characters. My guess it's russian cyrillic, but since we don't have cyrillic, we can only see trash and this trash is the password.

Last edited:

rustam1055

Apr 19, 2018
just open it in text editor with Unicode support like notepad++ (or on Windows versions starting with Windows 2000 it's built into system Notepad) - and copy all trash as it is. I had to use Unicode because the password is from all weird characters. My guess it's russian cyrillic, but since we don't have cyrillic, we can only see trash and this trash is the password.
Thanks!

Reactions: ustar

darrenman

Aug 20, 2017
There's another method: You can add the bom mark FF FE before with an hex editor, open in n++ which now correctly detect ucs-16 le bom remove the line and replace it with Ij, save and remove the bom. Open the game in the editor and it should be without password.
Fuck me.

Took some figuring out as i've never touched code in my life but i've manage to remove the password following this for the latest version of this on the guys patreon

Reactions: Pararock

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Fuck me.

Took some figuring out as i've never touched code in my life but i've manage to remove the password following this for the latest version of this on the guys patreon
Happy to help. You now know more about text encoding than a large % of people that get paid irl to touch code.

ding123

Apr 5, 2019
There is wxmedit ( ) which can display UTF-16 and has also a HEX mode. Can you explain how to change the password with this ? Always after changing line 3 with Ij qpgen cannot read the file.

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
  1. Open the file
  2. Switch to Text Mode(View -> Text Mode)
  3. Click yes to confirm due to the file size
  4. Replace line 3(In this case it's line 3 to 14) with Ij. The text editor detect this as multiple lines, however the QSP game engine still read this as a single line. I guess a better step would be start 2 lines above the first no\mo until the version string and replace this with Ij
  5. Save.
1600220597797.png

Flaseiro

Nov 16, 2017
Yeah, encoding is fucked on the website: here the password base 64:

Unbase64 in notepad++ then paste in the editor.
Hello, can you Please help with newest version of the game? For same method unbase64 in notepad++ then paste in the editor, but your prev text i decode in notepad++, but password incorrect in 0.91.7 :(

Last edited:

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
Hello, can you Please help with newest version of the game? For same method unbase64 in notepad++ then paste in the editor, but your prev text i decode in notepad++, but password incorrect in 0.91.7 :(
Can you tried the method from post #29 to remove the password with wxmedit ? It should still works.

Reactions: Flaseiro

Pararock

Aug 17, 2016
You need to keep the line before the no\mo as is. It will change depending of factor like the number of locations.

mjreynolds

Nov 3, 2020
Can someone post the qsp with the password stripped. Some of these MLT games I like to go into my file and correct some of the bad translated parts just so I can put in dialog that is more pleasing to me. There are places in this game where the Russian is not translated at all and I like to fix those. I've tried and tried to strip the password with no success.