Tool Ren'Py File Rename, Replace In Script Tool

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
This is a simple c# program to rename files in RenPy games and replace all occurences of their names in the scripts with the new name. It is mainly intended for images, but should work for other types of files(audio, video) too, as long as the correct case is used.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: bas

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
This is a simple c# program to rename files in RenPy games and replace all occurences of their names in the scripts with the new name.
It's probably a good works and all, but Ren'py don't care about the file extension. You can name all the pictures in your game with the ".WTFISTHISEXTENTION" extension, as long as you declare them with the image statement, Ren'py will display them. And it's surely the same for any other media. Same, the "automatic declaration" feature of Ren'py will works fine even if the files have a ".jpg" extension but are in fact PNG or WEBP files.

It doesn't mean that your program is useless, but it's less useful than you thought initially.

SlLePER

Dec 30, 2017
It's probably a good works and all, but Ren'py don't care about the file extension. You can name all the pictures in your game with the ".WTFISTHISEXTENTION" extension, as long as you declare them with the image statement, Ren'py will display them. And it's surely the same for any other media. Same, the "automatic declaration" feature of Ren'py will works fine even if the files have a ".jpg" extension but are in fact PNG or WEBP files.

It doesn't mean that your program is useless, but it's less useful than you thought initially.
I made the original version of this one because I wanted to view pictures from the crunched version of the Depraved Awakening as a comic since I find it much more convenient and the viewer I'm using needs correct file extensions. I could have just renamed the files, but I like to make small programs like this. I have a lot of similar projects, all of which do some small obscure thing. After it was done I thought I might as well clean it up a little and post it here in case someone else finds it usefull.

streetmedic

Jul 15, 2017
here let me save you even more time and space and wasted effort just use this this is called FART File and Rename textits open sourced and best easiest you ever need

the yellow text is what you want to change the test string or images and or anything you desire

the red is waht you want to change too

my example is used for my hypesppin gaming files and im am changeing the directory patchs from yellow text to the red path .. it will scan and fins any varaitions you can think of .
just drop it in root of the folder your searching and the run the bat file. it searches the following or even add your own ini ahk cfg xml ink lnk

@Echo on
# CD %~dp0
for %%x in (ini ahk cfg xml ink lnk) do (
set extension=%%x
call:reemplazar
)
goto:fin
:reemplazar
for /r %%a in (*.%extension%) do (
fart -i "%%a" "c:\hs" "S:\[My Good Build]\HS_CORE_SEM_ROM"
)
goto:eof