• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Few things regarding Lewdpatcher

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Just the other day there were new game patches appearing on Lewdpatcher, which reminded me I was wondering for a while who maintained that site, which, after thinking about it for a while, might be better unknown. But, to come to the point, I think a full list of games that have patches might be a good idea, not just the most recent ones.

Why? Let me explain: What happened, even before those unfortunate changes on Patreon, was that even as a platform that wants your money, the advertising options were horrible, as you could not even search for NSFW stuff if you didnt know the name of the creator already.

Now with most Patreon pages being very clean, sometimes even not indicating its adult content, the options, especially for new creators are very frustrating. Thats even coupled with my recent discovery that not only supporters, but also creators sometimes didnt even knew what happened since the end of last year. If one of those supporters took a glance at one of the Patreon pages he might think its too boring content for him, and just move on, not giving it a chance, even when there might be a way to restore content.

If there would be a full list of games they at least could stumble upon, they might have more interest in supporting, or have a catalogue of other games that might catch their eye.

So my hope is that this reaches the person maintaining that site and he also thinks its a good idea to implement, to help those new creators stand a bit more of a chance.

PS: I think the patch way is one of the monentarily best options we have, because Patreon has their pages and linked pages clean and nothing to complain while still getting money, and fans/supporters can be a bit smug about it and outsmart them. That is, until maybe a new platform comes up.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
If there would be a full list of games they at least could stumble upon, they might have more interest in supporting, or have a catalogue of other games that might catch their eye
What can catch the eyes of supporters can also catch the eyes of haters. Until it became a site with more than just a "patreon banned content addition" site, if it become more one day, the less people know about lewd patcher, the better it is for games which have a patch.
The majority, if not all, the games with a lewd patch are uploaded here with the patch applied, or at least with a link to this patch. This mean that on (more than) half the other sites where these games will be available, they will be patched. It's not perfect, but it's actually the safest solution for the games. After all, we don't even know if the creators themselves agree with these patches...
Right ? We all agree to say that we don't know ?

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Thats the beauty that got established with modding though, as for example the Bethesda game series. The games get modded to hell and back and halfway to hell again, without needing to ask someone. And with the anonymity of the internet thats remaining the patches are a nearly fail-safe way of restoring content.

Recently there was even a creator who asked about that whole thing and got an "thats not violating our stated guidelines" as in, Patreon content and linked sites content are clean, and withhold any review. Heres the excerpt:

thanatos69 said:
I think this is very important for other devs. They're trying to close the loophole DOD, SS, and others are using with the patches (the lame excuse that because somebody else did it, I can't held responsible). That means it's only a matter of time before Patreon finds out about LewdPatcher (I believe they already know) and start closing those games down.

Which was responded to with:
I actually spoke about this with the employee that gave me the heads up.
apparently this is okay.

Like I said before, first, they still get the money while having their will. Second, if anyone got hold responsible for what others do with your content you can bring down everything, and I mean everything on Patreon. You can modify any content, video, game, audio, text to have unwanted content, but thats the thing, its not from the creator, or at least not traceable linked with him.

My idea was just to have a button on Lewdpatcher to display all games with patched content, instead of having to type in the game (or even know the game) or only look at the "most recent patches".

Honestly, who thinks that Patreon doesnt already know about that site anyway, with people reporting creators out of spite, even for content thats not there, only to screw them for a while. Those people most likely also want to screw them again by pointing out that theres patches to restore the content.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Honestly, who thinks that Patreon doesnt already know about that site anyway,
The problem isn't Patreon. I stated it clearly, it's haters.
According to the recent official statements made by Patreon, I don't know, it's not impossible that, if it was 100% their choice, you could have made the worse possible games, they wouldn't have cared. But there's people who don't want to see "this", people who don't want to be associated with "that", and so long ; I don't even talk about societies, soccer's moms can be united sometimes, and when it happen you must be afraid, really afraid, because the less they have brain, the louder they talk. And like it's an US based company, it matters.
They acted stupidly and did it even more stupidly, but at this point it change nothing now. They hidden the controversial content more and more, burying it a little deeper with each update of the application of their Terms of Service. And still they had to goes further. Should I remember what happened to Dating My Daughter ? Even the supposed, and said, "Patreon's compliant" version was finally kicked out ; Mr.Dot had to create a new game, submitting the script to Patreon first, while officially (in regard of his Patreon's page) get rid of DmD. Still he thought that his game was fine, that's, more or less, what a Patreon's worker said to him some times ago.

As long as no one report a game, Patreon can play it blind if they want, which can't be the case anymore when people start reporting games ; just because it's the USA, at anytime the people who reported a game can decide to sue Patreon because they did nothing.
Until now they were fine with mods ? Glad to hear it, but I don't take it as wrote on stone. Even after the change in their Terms of Service, they were fine with so many things which aren't anymore permits, that playing it safe and going really low under the radar is the safest thing to do.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
The problem isn't Patreon. I stated it clearly, it's haters.
Thats what I also covered in the last paragraph, most cases indicate that indeed outstanders reported content to get it reviewed, out of one of the few dozen reasons people can have to do so.

And I said it on another thread, its not 100% safe that this will always work, nothing ever is, they can arbitrarily say that creators are now responsible for what others do with their work. But they probably know that if they do say that, a group of people can get every single creator suspended for that. You can easily modify every content out there to have unwanted content. Of every single creator, even podcast or whatever it may be.

Should I remember what happened to Dating My Daughter ? Even the supposed, and said, "Patreon's compliant" version was finally kicked out ;
That was covered somewhere else, but I agree that we dont have all the insight needed for that, as in, how many strikes does a creator need to get banned (and in this case its not the creator, its a single creation).

What we do know is, he was one of the first to get suspended, then did a namechange of the game to fool them, then posted a solution to restore content on his own Patreon page. That was probably enough, if you objectively look at it.

Until now they were fine with mods ? Glad to hear it, but I don't take it as wrote on stone. Even after the change in their Terms of Service, they were fine with so many things which aren't anymore permits, that playing it safe and going really low under the radar is the safest thing to do.
Ehh as far as I remember the Terms of Service were always the same, its just that they by the end of last year recruited a few people to actually look after that. But dont quote me on that, would have to look through all of the information again.

Edit: Im also in the boat of the people saying, let it escalate now, at least we can think about options then, instead of just hiding. But thats a personal opinion, not saying I know which method creates the "best" outcome.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Ehh as far as I remember the Terms of Service were always the same, its just that they by the end of last year recruited a few people to actually look after that. But dont quote me on that, would have to look through all of the information again.
they updated their Terms of Service:
As part of updating the Community Guidelines, we’re taking a clearer stance on some fringe areas of Adult Content. Over the past few months, there’s been a lot of discussion among our Trust and Safety team about how we can better articulate how we evaluate certain areas of content. It became evident that we needed to outline a clearer stance on some fringe adult content. With today’s update, we’re also being more clear about specific categories of fictional erotic content that Patreon cannot be used to support (including incest, bestiality, sexual depiction of minors, and suggestive sexual violence).
They only tolerated this kind of content, but never made them banned, nor acted against them, before this day.