• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
You sure that update only patch is correct? I ask cause your uploads for 3.3.10 and 3.4.8 are 3.47GB and 3.58GB respectively but your update patch between the two is 1.72GB. Seems really odd that an update patch would by over 15 1/2 times the size of the difference between the two full downloads.
The update only patch is just the "DLC" content. It is what is directly offered by the dev and on Patreon.

My compressed versions already included all of the DLC content except the 2 new endings, so it wouldn't increase that much, but the patch would as it contains all DLC content on every single update.

Last edited:

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
I'm getting a bunch of Image missing errors in the next game preview, apparently the transition pics are missing?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object (u'images/Day-21/s25/transitions/d21s25-50-02 sy-dd-zp-sm-convinced_v2.webp') at 0x0000000044cbce90>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Day-21/s25/transitions/d21s25-50-02 sy-dd-zp-sm-convinced_v2.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "code/labels.rpyc", line 279, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1678, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired=paired)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1757, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2898, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3499, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4089, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 886, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 542, in render
    image = render(self.image, width, height, st, at)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "renpy/display/transform.py", line 909, in render
    return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 676, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 330, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "renpy/display/im.py", line 803, in load
    raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Day-21/s25/transitions/d21s25-50-02 sy-dd-zp-sm-convinced_v2.webp'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.0.23051307
Fetish Locator Week 3 3.4.8
Sun May  5 01:41:53 2024
For example

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
also, please, for the love of SWEET PIGFUCKING CHRIST fix the minigame, and by that I don't mean "have a clickable fail button"

It's the "DIMAS Memories" of this game, it's the "Mandatory Ashley" section, it is, I'm sorry to say, fucking AWFUL. I'd mind less if it was fair, but the "bad clicks" register from seemingly 40 miles away, and the "good clicks" are apparently a 3 pixel square.

Also, when it gets quick I have to lead my shots? fucking what? It's "click dumb bullshit" not fucking missile command.

Genuinely, it's an absolute low point of the game, please remove it if you can't make it better. it's not fun, or responsive, skipping is a fail, and if failing matters, then it's shit to hide a win condition behind that, and if failing doesn't matter, it's unnecessary and should be removed, because it's dragging the game down merely by its presence.

Faenon

Mar 16, 2024
I take it by the lack of anything on the initial post, that there is no Gallery unlocker? It's a lot of game to play through to get to the scenes you want to see, not sure I want to do it more than the one time I have.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
The update only patch is just the "DLC" content. It is what is directly offered by the dev and on Patreon.

My compressed versions already included all of the DLC content except the 2 new endings, so it wouldn't increase that much, but the patch would as it contains all DLC content on every single update.
Figured that was the case but since you said that you needed your previous upload for it to work along with the links for 3.3.10 rather than any of your uploads starting at version 3.0.15 I thought I'd check to make sure something wasn't off.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Figured that was the case but since you said that you needed your previous upload for it to work along with the links for 3.3.10 rather than any of your uploads starting at version 3.0.15 I thought I'd check to make sure something wasn't off.
You would still need one of my previous compressed versions mentioned in the patch notes for the "compressed only patch", which I believe I did them all.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
You would still need one of my previous cxxxxxxxxx versions mentioned in the patch notes for the "cxxxxxxxxx only patch", which I believe I did them all.
Well what you actually said was version, not versions, which would imply only the one proceeding this latest one would be compatible which is why I thought it was on the big side. Like you said it's all the DLC so unless you're changing the version of renpy or making other modifications to the code any comped version as far back at 3.0.15 should be compatible with it be that your uploads for 3.1.8 and 3.3.10, Bob69's for 3.2.9, or Giqui's for 3.0.15 from almost a year ago since according to the change log that's the finished version of week 3 not counting DLC. Just trying to clear it up for people who might not have been keeping recent with the game but don't want to download the full 3 1/2 gigs.

skinnyj69

Jan 28, 2023
Which week has the scat content? Asking for the...um, people that want to avoid it...yeah that's it, for those that want to avoid it.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Well what you actually said was version, not versions, which would imply only the one proceeding this latest one would be compatible which is why I thought it was on the big side. Like you said it's all the DLC so unless you're changing the version of renpy or making other modifications to the code any comped version as far back at 3.0.15 should be compatible with it be that your uploads for 3.1.8 and 3.3.10, Bob69's for 3.2.9, or Giqui's for 3.0.15 from almost a year ago since according to the change log that's the finished version of week 3 not counting DLC. Just trying to clear it up for people who might not have been keeping recent with the game but don't want to download the full 3 1/2 gigs.
The Ren'Py version has been changed many times. That is another reason the patch contains .exe and renpy/lib folder.

I doubt many still have those old versions and some of those full newest full versions have fixes in the full builds (before they stopped doing full builds), now they only do patches.

Another reason I say "mine" is everyone uses different compression settings, if you use someone else's and use my patch you are going to have different image/video quality. I have no idea what settings they use, usually Bobs and me will have the same as he will donor a lot of mine.

Timodjin

Jan 18, 2022
Can somebody help me with ending 16 (Jessie). Is there some decision I made in S2 that blocks it out?
Now I have played the whole S2 again, but I never get any choices with Jessie.
In S3 it is only one scene (The Zebra) and I got no choices either.

Last edited:

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
The Ren'Py version has been changed many times. That is another reason the patch contains .exe and renpy/lib folder.

I doubt many still have those old versions and some of those full newest full versions have fixes in the full builds (before they stopped doing full builds), now they only do patches.

Another reason I say "mine" is everyone uses different compression settings, if you use someone else's and use my patch you are going to have different image/video quality. I have no idea what settings they use, usually Bobs and me will have the same as he will donor a lot of mine.
Well if the patch contains the exe and renpy/lib folder than it should definitely be compatible with any version as long as it's the full week 3. Fair point on consistency of quality though. I'd say both you and Bob do a good job on that front while I've seen others not bother to check their work at all resulting in some nasty artifacting in videos.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'm getting a bunch of Image missing errors in the next game preview, apparently the transition pics are missing?
1. post traceback.txt not whole error
2. tell what version, windows full or windows compressed or prev. version compressed or full and update patch?
3. download full and try again

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Probably OT for this thread but I strongly disagree. The updates you receive for free are quite substantial - graphics, mechanics, QOL - and there is no more gauding into buying DLCs than there is with DLCs in the first place. If you play one of their games for any extended time without buying any DLC you will easily notice. (Caveat though, the updates are killing many a save.)
Except they split the functions so you get just the taste of them without the DLCs, and need to buy them to actually utilize them properly. HoI, Vicky, CK, Stellaris; any of their grand strategy game lines are like this. Sure, there's plenty of DLCs you don't have to buy like that, like the heraldry packs in CKII or other purely cosmetic packs, but trying to argue that CK3's Royal Court, Iberia/Persia Struggle mechanics, Norse culture, etc. locked behind DLC purchases are in the same category as those cosmetic packs would be disingenuous (note: I'm not saying you are, just that trying to argue such would be).

4.00 star(s) 164 Votes