Female Protagonist game lovers-Are you.....?

Fem-Pro lovers-Are you...?

• Straight Male

Votes: 1,082 66.8%
  • Straight Female

Votes: 127 7.8%
  • Gay

Votes: 23 1.4%
  • Lesbian

Votes: 72 4.4%
  • Bisexual Male

Votes: 188 11.6%
  • Bisexual Female

Votes: 128 7.9%

• Total voters

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
well, we''re not going anywhere, let''s just say we disagree.

PS: I don't focus on male characters, I'm a lesbian I don't like them, I just said that because it's annoying to be in a game like awam and see how many men treat the male characters as if they were the main character.

Edit: I don't know why you brought up the ugly bastard thing, I haven't seen many western games that use it and every time I see a Japanese game that uses it I see more people complaining than liking it.
I think in games we can slip in characters that we are not in real. That is why i like games, because you can be something else. I think personal taste plays a role but even to me there is a limit. So i can not see myself playing a lesbian. There are some games where i think the women are really beautiful but the theme is just not mine.

AWAM. That was a huge letdown for me. Perhaps if you play the lesbian route you get more out of it. But for me, the reason i played it, was for the incest and Dylan was left out in the dark. After 5 years. Very unsatisfying. Though the art is great. So thats something.

Bastards. You mean the perpetrators? I usually like to see the ugliness of things. I do not like sugar coating in games. Its like i would read playboy. I want to see how people are in real. Even though its a game i am more satisfied if they look like people you would see on the streets. So yes, if the male is ugly it is much better and if they show really what they are, even better.
Of course i do not play romance. If i did, the setting would have to be different. When i play as male MC i want to play in a way i do not have to see them. Because its me that is the MC. So anyone else would take that away and i am left with someone i am not. I want to have that relationship and not the person i am playing.

Oct 2, 2018
I think in games we can slip in characters that we are not in real. That is why i like games, because you can be something else. I think personal taste plays a role but even to me there is a limit. So i can not see myself playing a lesbian. There are some games where i think the women are really beautiful but the theme is just not mine.

AWAM. That was a huge letdown for me. Perhaps if you play the lesbian route you get more out of it. But for me, the reason i played it, was for the incest and Dylan was left out in the dark. After 5 years. Very unsatisfying. Though the art is great. So thats something.

Bastards. You mean the perpetrators? I usually like to see the ugliness of things. I do not like sugar coating in games. Its like i would read playboy. I want to see how people are in real. Even though its a game i am more satisfied if they look like people you would see on the streets. So yes, if the male is ugly it is much better and if they show really what they are, even better.
Of course i do not play romance. If i did, the setting would have to be different. When i play as male MC i want to play in a way i do not have to see them. Because its me that is the MC. So anyone else would take that away and i am left with someone i am not. I want to have that relationship and not the person i am playing.
I play video games that way too, for me that's the magic of video games, the escape from reality.

for example the last time I saw I was not an elf that shoots lightning from her hands or a badass commander that travels through the universe.
but still thanks to video games i can feel that i am that, i can say that i am shepard that's why my shepard only has relationships with women because somehow i still feel that the character is me.

when I play something like the sims I don't insert myself with the characters, I play god the things that happen to them happen to them because I want them to.

for me that is the magic of video games that allows me to do things that in real life I can not, but the character is still me either as a protagonist or as a god.

PS: a wife and a mother is a disappointment for everyone, I really don't understand why it is so famous, it was the first game I downloaded here and in 4 years nothing has changed.
for example the last update took like 6 months and for someone who didn't play the aiden route literally only had 20 seconds of gameplay.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I play video games that way too, for me that's the magic of video games, the escape from reality.

for example the last time I saw I was not an elf that shoots lightning from her hands or a badass commander that travels through the universe.
but still thanks to video games i can feel that i am that, i can say that i am shepard that's why my shepard only has relationships with women because somehow i still feel that the character is me.

when I play something like the sims I don't insert myself with the characters, I play god the things that happen to them happen to them because I want them to.

for me that is the magic of video games that allows me to do things that in real life I can not, but the character is still me either as a protagonist or as a god.

PS: a wife and a mother is a disappointment for everyone, I really don't understand why it is so famous, it was the first game I downloaded here and in 4 years nothing has changed.
for example the last update took like 6 months and for someone who didn't play the aiden route literally only had 20 seconds of gameplay.
I like to play Fallout 4 as a supermodel. This was so incredible. Big bust for me. And killing everything in sight.
Its a great way to break out and toy with the notion that you are a different gender.

As to AWAM.. I never liked Aiden. He looks like really a rich kid that is spoiled and has nothing better to do. I just do not like the blackmail part as it doesn't really make sense to me.
As for content. Well, i played the previous release and it was for me about 5 minutes. Thats a little short. And there are people trying to mathematically predict how long the development cycle will be. 5, 10 or 15 years. By the days that are already available.
Besides the art, i think its great at teasing. And if i understand the dev correctly, its more of a erotic game than an actual sex game.

Oct 2, 2018
I like to play Fallout 4 as a supermodel. This was so incredible. Big bust for me. And killing everything in sight.
Its a great way to break out and toy with the notion that you are a different gender.

As to AWAM.. I never liked Aiden. He looks like really a rich kid that is spoiled and has nothing better to do. I just do not like the blackmail part as it doesn't really make sense to me.
As for content. Well, i played the previous release and it was for me about 5 minutes. Thats a little short. And there are people trying to mathematically predict how long the development cycle will be. 5, 10 or 15 years. By the days that are already available.
Besides the art, i think its great at teasing. And if i understand the dev correctly, its more of a erotic game than an actual sex game.
yes I understand the feeling, when I play as a man I like to play them in different ways in fallout 4 I liked to play a man as a hero the Silver Shroud (mainly because it seems to me that the voice actor did a better job than the female voice actor.), while the woman I played as a ruthless drug addicted maniac and raider leader who was banging all her female companions I almost never complete the main campaign.

everything about awam is ridiculous I sometimes enter the thread to laugh for a while, it really seems that the dev is either incompetent or is milking his patreons to the max.
because at this rate it seems that the game is really going to take more than 6 years to be completed, we have more than 4 years and the game has not progressed at all.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
yes I understand the feeling, when I play as a man I like to play them in different ways in fallout 4 I liked to play a man as a hero the Silver Shroud
And being a lesbian, did you self-insert into the guy?...

Oct 2, 2018
And being a lesbian, did you self-insert into the guy?...
yes, I can insert myself as a genderbend version if the character comes out a lot even if it's a male shepard it's still me as it's me it's going to have a relationship with Miranda.

if we start talking about games here, it's still the same as I said above if the character is shown, if they don't show it, since English is not my first language my mind can change the pronouns easily and I insert myself as a futanari or a woman who uses a strapon.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
yes I understand the feeling, when I play as a man I like to play them in different ways in fallout 4 I liked to play a man as a hero the Silver Shroud (mainly because it seems to me that the voice actor did a better job than the female voice actor.), while the woman I played as a ruthless drug addicted maniac and raider leader who was banging all her female companions I almost never complete the main campaign.

everything about awam is ridiculous I sometimes enter the thread to laugh for a while, it really seems that the dev is either incompetent or is milking his patreons to the max.
because at this rate it seems that the game is really going to take more than 6 years to be completed, we have more than 4 years and the game has not progressed at all.
Personally, i liked to modify the game for that reason.
Playing as female, making everyone else male. There are some that prefer to have a female majority in game. There are mods for that as well.
I just never could get warm with ghouls and the like. It has to be strictly human for me.

If i am still around in 5 years, maybe then AWAm will be done. How knows. Its not the only game in town.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
yes, I can insert myself as a genderbend version if the character comes out a lot even if it's a male shepard it's still me as it's me it's going to have a relationship with Miranda.
Well that is still self-inserting and not what I do when I play female protag games.

If you want to leave self-insertion for a bit think of a game where you play as miranda instead. Still the same story but you only see her side of things, and she has sex with shepard exactly the same way, but the game is still focusing on her, why would that change things if it was the exact same story?

And now you can expand this same scenario and turn it into a corruption game. Suddenly Liara gets cozy with miranda while shepard is away. And suddenly tali, garrus, wrex and every other characters ends up fucking with Miranda.

This is a game about Miranda having sex, and not a game about "me" wanting to have sex with everyone else, that's the difference.

Oct 2, 2018
Personally, i liked to modify the game for that reason.
Playing as female, making everyone else male. There are some that prefer to have a female majority in game. There are mods for that as well.
I just never could get warm with ghouls and the like. It has to be strictly human for me.

If i am still around in 5 years, maybe then AWAm will be done. How knows. Its not the only game in town.
that's exactly why the pc is always the master race.
I have skyrim mods that change several men for women, I have dragon age and mass effect mods that allow me to have relationships with all the female companions.

my profile picture is from fire emblem awakening, there are no lesbian romances, so I added a mod to it so that there would be.

Oct 2, 2018
Well that is still self-inserting and not what I do when I play female protag games.

If you want to leave self-insertion for a bit think of a game where you play as miranda instead. Still the same story but you only see her side of things, and she has sex with shepard exactly the same way, but the game is still focusing on her, why would that change things if it was the exact same story?

And now you can expand this same scenario and turn it into a corruption game. Suddenly Liara gets cozy with miranda while shepard is away. And suddenly tali, garrus, wrex and every other characters ends up fucking with Miranda.

This is a game about Miranda having sex, and not a game about "me" wanting to have sex with everyone else, that's the difference.
And that's what I've told you, some people can play that way, but from what I've seen the vast majority can't, insertion for me is the magic of video games, if it weren't for that I'd be watching movies or reading manga.

The way I've seen the comments of how people like to choose and see the corruption of a protagonist for me is god-like insertion.

for example: i play the sims being god, the things that happen to them happen because i want them to, i can choose a random family and if i want for example the teenager to be good with girls and date a lot happens because i want him to, just like i can choose that someone else is going to be a total loser who is going to do horrible.

to me it's the same way some of you play with a female protagonist you as gods of the game want her to be the town slut and she is in your game because you want to.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
that's exactly why the pc is always the master race.
I have skyrim mods that change several men for women, I have dragon age and mass effect mods that allow me to have relationships with all the female companions.

my profile picture is from fire emblem awakening, there are no lesbian romances, so I added a mod to it so that there would be.
I haven't played for some time but this is of course correct.
I played MassEffect and it has some romance. But of course no actual sex. Though again, you have to love aliens. Not really my thing, except asari maybe. Though this will give you a lesbian route. I did not mod the games. Kind stayed with Bethesda games for modding.

Never played Fire Emblem. My love has to be with Zelda. Though i only really liked "A Link to the Past".

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
And that's what I've told you, some people can play that way, but from what I've seen the vast majority can't, insertion for me is the magic of video games, if it weren't for that I'd be watching movies or reading manga.
Can't you immerse yourself into movies, manga or anime?

The only selling point and reason why I prefer games is gameplay and interactivity. Otherwise I can immerse myself equally in games, movies, books or anime shows.

Oct 2, 2018
I haven't played for some time but this is of course correct.
I played MassEffect and it has some romance. But of course no actual sex. Though again, you have to love aliens. Not really my thing, except asari maybe. Though this will give you a lesbian route. I did not mod the games. Kind stayed with Bethesda games for modding.

Never played Fire Emblem. My love has to be with Zelda. Though i only really liked "A Link to the Past".
i have always preferred dragon age to mass effect and also the only aliens i would be attracted to are the asari, that's why in andromeda i never had a relationship with vetra as i don't find turians attractive.

although after reading a fan theory about the asari
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
since then I have not been able to see them the same

I also liked the zelda games a lot, majoras mask is my favorite.

of a link to the past I only have bad memories of my little me being angry for not having a fucking idea of what to do because I had the game in english (spanish is my native language).

Oct 2, 2018
Can't you immerse yourself into movies, manga or anime?

The only selling point and reason why I prefer games is gameplay and interactivity. Otherwise I can immerse myself equally in games, movies, books or anime shows.
I think we have a different idea of immersion, maybe it's because of the language, I don't know.

but in general terms of what we are talking about, no, I enjoy a movie or a manga for its story, but I don't look for inserting myself in anything, I don't imagine myself in that world or anything like that, for me the only media that has that power is video games the power of gameplay and interaction is what allows me that immersion.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
i have always preferred dragon age to mass effect and also the only aliens i would be attracted to are the asari, that's why in andromeda i never had a relationship with vetra as i don't find turians attractive.

although after reading a fan theory about the asari
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
since then I have not been able to see them the same

I also liked the zelda games a lot, majoras mask is my favorite.

of a link to the past I only have bad memories of my little me being angry for not having a fucking idea of what to do because I had the game in english (spanish is my native language).
The races in MassEffect are strange. I always wondered if Aliens, if they existed, would be like that. Perhaps not. I think i am more in the StarTrek universe where i find some Klingon females very attractive. Though sex is a little rough for me. I mean, if you end up in sickbay because some bones were crushed, how would that sex be?

Should i try Dragon Age? I think i had it on the Xbox360 and i remember being quickly done with it. Though at that time i did not pay attention to love stories. It just did not occur to me.

I think A link to the past is a great game. The music, the style and when you thought this is the end, it just had a reverse story. I just loved it.
But Majora's Mask was probably the title that most liked because of the more darker story. I did not play it though as i did not had a N64. Not entirely true, i had but sold it. So i played Mario instead. Not very sexual.

There aren't many games that have a open world where you can roam like in Skyrim. So that makes it much harder to make a mod where you can be someone else and have adventures. I think thats why most people like Skyrim. You can have a total different expierence than with a game that is heavily narrated.

Though i am not what it means really. I think i enjoy vanilla sex but also more abusive ones. Of course out of my perspective. As a male. Though in real life this would be horrible and so i am glad to play out my darkest desires in video games. No one harmed. Unless the virtual world would be real.

But what i can't do is playing my favorite characters from the game world or movies, cartoons to enjoy sex. Its just weird to me.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
maybe it's because of the language
Self-insertion- The protagonist ceases to exist and you take his place. ("the story is about me")
Immersion- The player ceases to exist and you control the protagonist instead. ("the story is about Shepard")

Usually games with self-insertion have character creation and roleplaying elements (like skyrim) while games about immersion have a deep and expressive protagonist that makes you interested in their story as well (like witcher).

Reactions: coffeeaddicted
Oct 2, 2018
Self-insertion- The protagonist ceases to exist and you take his place. ("the story is about me")
Immersion- The player ceases to exist and you control the protagonist instead. ("the story is still about Shepard")

Usually games with self-insertion have character creation and roleplaying elements (like skyrim) while games about immersion have a deep and expressive protagonist that makes you interested in their story as well (like witcher).
I think you and I might as well agree to disagree.

immersion in spanish is defined as

"The action and effect of introducing or introducing oneself into a real or imaginary environment"
and "Action of introducing or fully introducing oneself to someone in a particular environment."

I see immersion as a way of getting into the world either in different ways, for me self-insertion is a form of immersion.

as I said before when shepard, they may be different from me in physique, personality, or even gender in real life, but in the game I am still shepard.
many of my favorite skyrim mods are the immersion mods, what these mods do is try to make the skyrim world seem more alive and less scripted, so you get a better feeling that you are in that world.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I think you and I might as well agree to disagree.
This isn't something to agree upon... It's just the way things are.

It is hard to find a female protag game where you can even name the main character because those games aren't intented for self insertion in the first place.

Oct 2, 2018
This isn't something to agree upon... It's just the way things are.

It is hard to find a female protag game where you can even name the main character because those games aren't intented for self insertion in the first place.
again there i go again with what i said what the God-like insertion is for me.

There are a lot of people playing as the god/master/entity-whatever-you-want-to-call-it that corrupts the protagonist.
that's what's in video games the power of interaction.

If everyone played just to see a story as you say, lesbian porn wouldn't be the most famous thing out there.
And vice versa, if lesbian porn is the most famous thing there is and everyone plays just to see something, lesbian games would be the majority, which they are not.

the power and magic of video games is the interaction and thanks to that it makes it easier for us to get immersed in it. almost everyone plays video games for that reason to imagine themselves to be something that in real life they are not.

i am not shepard in real life, but in the video game i am, i am not god in real life and i don't choose what someone does in real life but with video games i can be.

BrokenDreams

Apr 16, 2019
Wow....It has been almost 3 years.

The goal of this thread was to show that straight males do love to play female MC games that are not strictly lesbian. "Some" members of the community always preached that straight males don't enjoy female MC games unless its purely lesbian and I disagree with this statement to this day (I will believe you if you can prove a game like Anna Exciting Affection or any other game of similar nature is disliked by straight males and only played by Gays and Bisexuals).

For me, I like female MC games because they "try to" provide a different perspective. I know the male stories, girl is hot..need to build a harem...other functioning males are non existent...endgame is more predictable compared to female mc games (eg. most of the male mc games end with the options of being single, having a singular girlfriend or a harem). I just love to see the female perspective of being sexualized.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted