Unity - Completed - Fear of the Dark [Final] [GuroGameGuy]

1. 3.00 star(s)

NSFWDave69

A basic 2D shooter/platformer with an emphasis on ryona rather than hentai. The character design is pretty good and the splashes are well done. The animated character portrait that changes as you take damage is a nice touch. Monster design is pretty wicked too. However, there are some bugs and the limited arsenal makes the gameplay grow stale quickly. A story is present but it isn't extravagant, it's mainly used to explain things. Overall, if you enjoy games with "bad ends" and gore then this is a decent choice.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

STINGERE

I have to say, I like these kinds of games, even if they're terrible typically. Even still, this one is pretty rough.

I'll get the positives up front. It does run and isn't a virus, at least for the version I downloaded. Windows usually flags these games regardless though. I think my favorite thing about this might actually be some of the enemy designs. Aside from the mushroom folk, I didn't expect to walk out and see eldritch horrors, which is fun. Or being more or less dropped into the backrooms at one point. They're not master class and a lot of them are actually terrible to fight, but they are fun designs, more than I was expecting. The gore is pretty alright, art quality is a little inconsistent it felt. The player character looks nice though. Kind of wished there was more blood with the amount of damage being done, because it felt too clean in some cases.

As for the negatives, while it is playable, there's some bull with the hit and damage reg I've noticed on certain enemies. For larger enemies, while neat, you are better off sword dashing past them and watching as they get stuck on the one inch ledge that you climbed. The UI shifts with the window size and is a bit jank. Jank is probably the best word for this game. Some text boxes aren't translated or just don't have text. I got to the final boss but wasn't able to initiate the encounter because a blank box would appear and there was no way to progress, so I unfortunately had to quit at the final encounter. I never felt like ammo was a problem since every enemy drops it, and also you quickly learn that the shotgun is infinitely better than the primary SMG in every way. Level design is linear and blocky, it's a platforming side scroller so that checks out. Even still I was often a little disappointed when I was able to sword dash my way up to a little skylight tunnel only to find it wasn't anything. Some secrets or actual upgrades would be nice.

I'd like to see a much more polished version, or maybe the dev make a newer better game, which I know is asking a lot. But it feels like there's a real lack of solid and actually gorey adult games. It's not the worst thing I've played, but I feel like even if it was finished, it'd still be pretty bare bones.

2.5/5 stars