• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Favorite game tags?

willuu2002

Aug 21, 2023
Hello everyone, I am a college student from Taiwan. Recently, I have been working on my graduation thesis.
However, I have been unable to find specific information online, which is why I am posting here.

I would like to kindly ask two questions.
Firstly, is it generally true that English speaker do not like 18+ romance visual novels (Japanese hentai games)?
Secondly, what kind of game tags do you all enjoy? (e.g. NTR, Futanari)

Thank you very much if you could kindly answer me!

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
I think an actual survey would be more suitable, but I will answer anyway:

Firstly, is it generally true that English speaker do not like 18+ romance visual novels (Japanese hentai games)?

This is just my opinion, but I think overall they are popular and people like to play them. However, there are four things which hold Japanese Hentai games back (at least in my opinion):

1. Sometimes they get too extreme for some cases. I usually enjoy them extreme, but I know others dont. You can have the progression from a innocent virgin to a complete slut who does everything in just a few minutes.

2. Many of them are Kinetic Novels. While those are fine, they are not everyones cup of tea.

3. Very important point - Translation. Not many English speakers can read Japanese, so the translation is important. But often enough Japanese games are just machine-translated (MTL) and those translations can be pretty bad. They can rank from just minor things like missing up "You" and "I" or "He" and "She" to the point where you cannot understand at all what is written.

4. Also quite important - sometimes japanese Games need other things installed and are not simply "Install and run". E.g. sometimes you need to use an Emulator to set the system to JP for the game. Not everyone wants to bother with that.

Secondly, what kind of game tags do you all enjoy? (e.g. NTR, Futanari)

Many Tags, but I will write the most important ones for me:

- Corruption --> Turning somewhat innocent girls into Sluts is always great.

- Transformation --> This only applies to things like Breast Expansion or Bimbofication. I dont enjoy Male/Female-Transformation or Sissyfication, but Bimbofication and Breast Expansion are totally mine.

- Exhibitionism --> The more, the better.

- Harem --> Well.. the more, the better, lol.

Bonus if a game has a clothing system.

Reactions: willuu2002

willuu2002

Aug 21, 2023
Thank you very much. I didn't realize there were so many factors to consider.
I used to think it was just a matter of English speakers not liking this type of game.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Corruption is way more popular with the western audience than in Japan, from what I can tell. Whereas hard rape is much more common in Japan. VNs are popular, but 3D is much more common since it allows single amateur devs to use premade assets from Daz / Honey Select / Koikatu. If you want to see some numbers, you use Latest Updates and apply filters for tags and other things.

Last edited:
Reactions: willuu2002
May 5, 2020
1. Well, it depends. Some of them are focused on ntr/bdsm and i don't like it so much. And most of the heroge i've seen has no animation, a big turn off for me.
2. Milf (It's hard for me to pick a game without any milf), and impregnation.