VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Fatal Desire [Ep.1] [Velvet Ink]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Ragnar

Very promising game.
    The general set up is inspired by the tv show Banshee but it's not a copy nor a parody.
    The renders are decent for a new dev and we know it will be better with practice and updates.
    The story is fast paced, no slow burn shit here. So far you can meet several women and have some sexy times.
    Will keep an eye on this one.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

m0us3r

★★★★☆ Visuals. Models are rather good. Renders are of good quality, though some of them are a bit dark to see clearly.

★★★★☆ Dialogs are mostly good. Except I didn't like political meaningless crap they were exchanging at the station. (And who is "Narrator"? If you describe the situation, use None or "" as Character's name, don't put there someone who doesn't exist in the story: it's bad for immersion).

★★★★★ I like the fast pacing and the storytelling manner in general.

★★★★★ The game is entertaining, and it's likely going to have lots of sex.

★☆☆☆☆ The story is crap. (The original Banshee story depended much on father-child relationships, Rabbit - Carrie's etc. If an AVN would be based on such a story, it would almost call for incest. The daughter would naturally be a principal LI. And anyways I'm not a huge fan of Banshee's scenario. It's not bad, but not outstanding either). So I think it's good that this work has its own story, only taking the same premise - which is very interesting. However all the immersion was ruined with how that "sheriff" and his deputy dealt with the three mobsters. They have the duty to uphold the law, they can't do as they please.

No offense but if it's another story that has no respect to reality and logic, then it's instant -2 or -3 stars for me.

Not mentioning that pretending to be the sheriff, he should call himself by sheriff's name.

[Version "Ep.1"]
  3. 4.00 star(s)

BarbarrossaNA

For a first game and the DEV also being new to Renpy this one is a solid effort. Decent writing and renders coupled with a MC that doesn't look like a teenaged midget dodges a few landmines from the onset. While the game/story doesn't set the world on fire it is definitely enough to pique the interest.. It has a nice handful of possible lady interests and the story potential paths are wide open. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes.